C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Planning my 2018 camino and as an older woman I want to book places to sleep ahead. Does anybody have an @ address to Hostal As Viñas in Pobra?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Planning my 2018 camino and as an older woman I want to book places to sleep ahead. Does anybody have an @ address to Hostal As Viñas in Pobra?
Hi, @ranther, they don't have a website, so they may not take reservations by email. Not sure those two things are necessarily connected, but that has been my experience generally. I have a phone card and can call Spain for a few cents a minute and would be happy to call for you. PM me with full name and date and a phone (I do this every now and then for others and they frequently like to have a phone number to fill in even it is from another continent!) and I will call. Buen camino, Larie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Be aware that if you don’t get place to sleep in Barxa ( pension Casa Pacita ), and the is no room at Pobra de Brollon you may have to walk to Monforte de Lemos ( that wa what I ended up doing), that’s almost 40 kilometers, but I ended up making almost 50 because I got lost and Pobra de Brollon ,( I followed Camino Vilarino also signed with older yellow arrows).
Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks all of you!
I will try to mail them first, Laurie! And pm you later if needed.
I do not speak Spanish, so writing some basic sentences is simpler than phoning.
My plan is these stages
Ponferrada- Borrenes
Borrenes - Puente Domingo Florez
PDF - O Barco
O Barco - A Rúa
A Rúa - Soldon or Montefurado if I do not find a place to sleep in Soldon
I will take the train back from Montefurado, Stay another night in Rua and train back next morning
From s or M to Quiroga
Quiroga - Pobra de Brollón
P de B - Monforte de Lemos. Cannot walk all the way from Quiroga to
MdL, but I see there is a trainstation near Pobra.
MdL to Diomondo and Santa Estevo
Diomondo -Chanatada
Chantanda - Rodeiro
Rodeiro to Lalin
Lalin to Bandeira
Then 2 days to SdC, makes it 15 days!
I think these stages might be OK for me.
May be I go by train back to Ourense since I did not go that way when I did Via de la Plata in 2011.
Hope of course to see more peregrinos along the route whenI start 16.05.
Randi

Last edited:
Thanks all of you!
I do not speak Spanish, so writing some basic sentences is simpler than phoning.
My plan is these stages
Ponferrada- Borrenes
PDF - O Barco
O Barco - A Rúa
A Rúa - Soldon or Montefuera if I do not find a place to sleep in Soldon
I will take the train back from Montefuera, Stay another night in Rua and train back next morning
From s or M to Quiroga
Diomondo -Chanatada
Chantanda - Rodeiro
Rodeiro to Lalin
Lalin to Bandeira
May be I go by train back to Ourense since I did not go that way when I did Via de la Plata in 2011.
Randi

Hi, Randi,
I just had a very nice email exchange with the woman who runs the apartamentos in Soldón. This is how the 2018 guide will read about that place:

The owner of the tourist apartments El Molino de Soldón now offers lodging to pilgrims. 40€ for two with towels, sheets, and breakfast. Fully equipped kitchen. Additional pilgrim 15 €. Tel.: 679-455-126. Email address: apsoldon@gmail.com More info on their blog: http://apartamentosmolinosoldon.blogspot.com/. The owners also report that with one day’s notice, they will do grocery shopping for you and have it waiting in the apartment. Nice service!

What I don't know is what she charges for a single pilgrim, but this would give me a good opportunity to get that info. If you want to PM me with your info, I will email her, or of course you can email her yourself! Just let me know about prices for singles. She sent some pictures and it looks quite nice.

Thanks, Laurie, I am going to send a mail to them, 40 € is even cheaper than a night in A Rúa, but I wonder if it is out in nowhere alone out there or it is a small place with other people.I am a 70 year old woman and would like to see another people aroud.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks, Laurie, I am going to send a mail to them, 40 € is even cheaper than a night in A Rúa, but I wonder if it is out in nowhere alone out there or it is a small place with other people.I am a 70 year old woman and would like to see another people aroud.
Hi, Ranthr,
Soldón is a little town, no bars, no cafés. It is inhabited, but I don't imagine there will be much life in the streets. The only thing it has is a "chiringuito" -- a little hut serving food and drinks, but that is only open in summer and on weekends. I think this would be a solitary place to stay, but absolutely no worries for personal safety.

In A Rúa, Asún's albergue is a treat. It's her home, she is quite attentive, and her 94 year old mother is a real gem. And it's 10 or 12, not 40!

Update from Soldón. 40 € is the minimum price, for one or two pilgrims. She explains that her cost is pretty much the same for one or two and she just can't lower it any more. That's reasonable, I think, but may make it too high for some. Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks all of you!
My plan is these stages
Ponferrada- Borrenes
PDF - O Barco
O Barco - A Rúa
A Rúa - Soldon or Montefuera if I do not find a place to sleep in Soldon
I will take the train back from Montefuera, Stay another night in Rua and train back next morning
From s or M to Quiroga
Diomondo -Chanatada
Chantanda - Rodeiro
Rodeiro to Lalin
Lalin to Bandeira
Randi

You can send your email in english as well if you like. Bruno speaks perfect English.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Update from Soldón. 40 € is the minimum price, for one or two pilgrims. She explains that her cost is pretty much the same for one or two and she just can't lower it any more. That's reasonable, I think, but may make it too high for some. Buen camino, Laurie
Thanks! It's reasonable. In Norway I guess you wouldn't get a bed in a shared room in a youthhostel for that price.

Again, thank you all for the new updates on places to stay. How do I send a PM? I would like to compare notes with Randi as I, too, am 70 and walking about two weeks before her dates, starting from Ponferrada at the end of April.

Again, thank you all for the new updates on places to stay. How do I send a PM? I would like to compare notes with Randi as I, too, am 70 and walking about two weeks before her dates, starting from Ponferrada at the end of April.

Hi, peacewalker, just put your mouse over ranthr's avatar and you will see a button to click to start a conversation. And know that there is also a bunch of Invierno veterans here who are always happy to chime in with opinions and advice! I think you will love this route.

The forum 2018 guide to the Invierno will be ready soon, I hope, but the 2017 version in the Resources section is in very good shape. Updates will be few. Buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well, it was not what I expected to hear. The As Viñas is going to be closing. The parents are retiring, and I guess the son does not want to continue with the hostal. They are open now, but wouldn´t take a reservation for Ranthr in May. They encourage pilgrims to call them a day or so out of A Pobra (982 430 124) because they will recommend a place that is 4 km from them and whose owners apparently will come pick you up. I remembered when I stayed there a few years ago, the son said some things that suggested that he was doing this job only because of the bad work situation in Spain. Maybe the silver lining here is that he has gotten employment in something he loves, and mom and dad want to retire.

Wishing them well in what comes next, but feeling sorry that the Invierno pilgrims are losing a very nice place to stay! Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well, it was not what I expected to hear. The As Viñas is going to be closing. The parents are retiring, and I guess the son does not want to continue with the hostal. They are open now, but wouldn´t take a reservation for Ranthr in May. They encourage pilgrims to call them a day or so out of A Pobra (982 430 124) because they will recommend a place that is 4 km from them and whose owners apparently will come pick you up. I remembered when I stayed there a few years ago, the son said some things that suggested that he was doing this job only because of the bad work situation in Spain. Maybe the silver lining here is that he has gotten employment in something he loves, and mom and dad want to retire.

Wishing them well in what comes next, but feeling sorry that the Invierno pilgrims are losing a very nice place to stay! Buen camino, Laurie
What a shame! I had a long chat with Bruno over a few beers in the garden, and he was preparing his 'oposición', although I can't remember what for. As it's my world (I prepare university graduates for their 'oposición' - state exams - to become secondary school teachers) we had a lot in common. Lovely place, lovely people.

40 € is even cheaper than a night in A Rúa,
40€??? You have 2 albergues in A Rua!

I walked Invierno but I have idea where Montefuera is: "I will take the train back from Montefuera,"

Hi, Ranthr,
Soldón is a little town, no bars, no cafés. It is inhabited, but I don't imagine there will be much life in the streets.
Not true! Soldon has inhabitants but as in almost every village during workdays you can't see any of them on the streets. And Soldon is the same.

Well, it was not what I expected to hear. The As Viñas is going to be closing. The parents are retiring, and I guess the son does not want to continue with the hostal. ....
Nooooooooooooooo. That was one of my most nicest stays on my Caminos. Oh, I'm so sad right now. The guy fled from Portugal under Salazar to France, Paris. He worked there in (well, maybe not really Paris but he told me so) steel factory and he met her wife, a maid in a hotel. They worked and worked and you can imagine the rest...

Hola@Charrito :) Any chancemeeting in Zamora around May 1st???

I walked Invierno but I have idea where Montefuera is: "I will take the train back from Montefuera,"

Not true! Soldon has inhabitants but as in almost every village during workdays you can't see any of them on the streets. And Soldon is the same.

Nooooooooooooooo. That was one of my most nicest stays on my Caminos. Oh, I'm so sad right now. The guy fled from Portugal under Salazar to France, Paris. He worked there in (well, maybe not really Paris but he told me so) steel factory and he met her wife, a maid in a hotel. They worked and worked and you can imagine the rest...

Hola@Charrito :) Any chancemeeting in Zamora around May 1st???
Good Morning, KinkyOne!

Zamora is just 35 minutes away from my home, so it would be easy for me to get up to Zamora and finally meet up! Which Camino are you on this year?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Sorry KinkyOne, should be Montefurado!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back