• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Caminho portugues interior albergue

clach

Time of past OR future Camino
via Francigena (2008)
Caminho Portoguese (2016)
The official website for Camino portugues interior http://www.cpisantiago.pt/ went off line just 3-4 days ago without explanations yet.

Doesn anyone has the list of albregues from their website or some other reliable source?

I am supposed to start this camino in 2 days!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I found this website in French, hopefully it's updated http://www.verscompostelle.be/Document/portugal.pdf

Here is the list

FARMINHÃO (80 Km) : auberge : 12 places ; toute l'année ; 914.157.529 ou ? 232 996 525 & 917 821 198

VISEU (17 Km) : auberge, Portal de Fontelo, 20 places ; équip. compl. ; ,3 € ; ouvert toute l'année, 230.435.445 oo ? 927.863.456 Aj. : Rua Aristides Sousa Mendes ; 64 places ; WiFi ; 11 € ; 232 413 001 ; http://microsites.juventude.gov.pt/Portal/pt/PousadasRegiao/urbana/PViseu.htm ;viseu@movijovem.pt

ALMARGEM (CALDE) (17 Km) : auberge mun. : 20 places ; équip. compl. ;3 € ; ouvert toute l'année ; 95.67.016.819 ;

RIBOLHOS (22 Km) : auberge muni ; 16 places ; donativo ; réservation souhaitée ; 926.975.842

BIGORNE (21 Km) : auberge mun. ; 30 places ; donatico ; ouvert toute l'année ; réservation souhaitée ; 933.365.353

PENUDE (12 Km) : auberge mun.; 20 places ; ouvert toute l'année ; réservation souhaitée ; 254.611.137

LAMEGO (4,5 Km) : auberge pr. Casa de Retiros de São José (institut religieux) ; 20 places ; abri vélos ; 20 € avec pt déj.. ; ouvert toute l'année ; 254.712.486

BERTELO (24,1 Km) : auberge muni. ; 14 places ; donativo ; ouvert toute l'année ; réservation souhaitée ; 254.969.115

VILA REAL (8,5 Km) : auberge Casa Diocesana ; Rua Dom Pedro de Castro, 1 10 places ; pet. déj. ; abri vélos ; 5 € ; ouvert toute l'année; réservation souhaitée ; 259.322.034; http://www.diocese-vilareal.pt/casa-diocesana.html Aj., auberge, rua Dr Manuel Cardona, 64 lits, repas, cuisine, cuisine, ouvert toute l'année, 259.373.193, vilareal@movijovem.pt

PARADA DE AGUIAR (26 Km) auberge mun. De Santiago ; 10 places ; ouvert toute l'année ; donativo ; ouvert toute l'anne ; réservation nécessaire ; 259.403.133 ou ? 259.419.100

VILA POUCA DE AGUIAR ( 5,7 Km) : accuail chez les bombeiros ; Rua Dr. Henrique Botelho, 17 : 70 places ; donativo ; ouvert toute 'année ; réservation souhaitée ; 259.419.140 ; bombeirosvpa@sapo.pt

VIDAGO (18,1 Km) : accueil chez les bombeiros : Avenida Conde Caria ; 20 places : 5 € ; abri vélo ; WiFi ; réservation nécessaire ; 276 907 122; b.v.vidago@sapo.pt

CHAVES ( (19,7 Km) : Accueil chez les bombeiros : Praça do Campo da Fonte ; 10 places ; 5 € ; ouvert toute l'année ; réservation nécessaire ; 276.322.122

VILARELHO DA RAIA (15,8 Km) : Accueil au Centro Social e Cultural : Estrada do Senhor Das Almas ; 8 places ; 5 € ;ouvert toute l'année ; réservation souhaitée ; 276.916.400 & 968.345.747 ; centrovilarelho@gmail.com

VERIN ( 15 Km) : auberge mun. Casa do Escudo : Avda. San Lázaro, s/n ; 26 places ; équip. compl ; abri vélos ; 6 € ; 988.412.121

LAZA (21) voir Via de la Plata

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you Laurie.
I am doing live blogging on my website, but it's in italian.

Today I stopped in Santarem (last year I walked the Portugues, but from Lisbon to Porto I choosed to go on trilhos de areias, the coastal path, not the Santiago.
Tomorrow Golegà and the day after tomorrow either Coimbra or Farminhao.
In Farmimhao the real Camino will start

In Santarem, tudo bèm :)
http://iviaggidiclach.com/cpi-2017-1a-tappa-santarem-tudo-bem/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
also, a note on albergue in Penude. in several blogs (from 2015 and 2016) I have read that it is closed or that nobody answers the phone. this is probably because the phone number is of junta da freguesia which is perhaps staffed only a couple of days a week? I have been unable to find opening hours online. the lady living to the left of the junta reportedly has the key.

I have Bruno diary, thanks.
I don't like that I have to pay wikiloc now to see the trails.
Tomorrow I plan to walk from Tondela to Farminhao
Today 27km from to Golegà and it was incredibly hot! Last Saturday was raining and cold all over Portugal, and today I am happy I skipped this section and walked trilho de areias instead, I can't imagine Ribatejo in summer. Also, quite few bugs on the fields between Vale de Figueira and Pombalinho

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have Bruno diary, thanks.
I don't like that I have to pay wikiloc now to see the trails.
Tomorrow I plan to walk from Tondela to Farminhao
Today 27km from to Golegà and it was incredibly hot! Last Saturday was raining and cold all over Portugal, and today I am happy I skipped this section and walked trilho de areias instead, I can't imagine Ribatejo in summer. Also, quite few bugs on the fields between Vale de Figueira and Pombalinho
Hi, Clach,
I don't know what you mean about paying wikiloc. I just downloaded a few tracks without problem. I have given them a donation in the past since they provide such a valuable service and I'm sure it's expensive to maintain (sort of like the forum!), but I don't think that there is any charge.

So, I'd love to hear about your walk on the Interior. Are you taking a bus from Golega to Tondela and then starting there? Bom caminho!

Yes, I downloades the gps tracks 3 days ago and when I try to upload on Wiloc they asked me for money.

I have GPS on my phone, offline maps and a Portugues Sim if I get lost, I will do without wikiloc tracks.

The plan for tomorrow is bus Golega to Entroncameno, then train to Coimbra and another bus to Tondela, then should be 15km walk to Farminhao.

Yes, I downloades the gps tracks 3 days ago and when I try to upload on Wiloc they asked me for money.

I have GPS on my phone, offline maps and a Portugues Sim if I get lost, I will do without wikiloc tracks.

The plan for tomorrow is bus Golega to Entroncameno, then train to Coimbra and another bus to Tondela, then should be 15km walk to Farminhao.

My bet is that they were just asking you if you wanted to make a donation. If you say no, you will probably be able to upload your tracks easily. Unless something has changed. Their app is free in the apple store, so I can't imagine they charge to use the tracks, but I could be wrong.

I'd love to hear how this part goes between Tondela and Viseu. Bom caminho, clach!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've never downlouded the tracks from wikiloc, so I woudn't know about that. but you can have them open online, right? though I don't know what happens if you lose the wifi connection.
or maybe sign-in to wikiloc and then download them?

do you plan to sleep in tondela?

This morning I managed to get lost in the wood 2,5km after Farminhao. After you cross a bridge there are 4 paths and no arrows. I took the left one, walked 300mt and after 2 more forks without signs, I checked google maps and while I was getting close to a road, it looked like I was going on opposite direction.
So I came back at the fork and took the right one. And afte many twist and turns, zigs and zags, I left sweaty an hour later after seeing many forks and no more arrows.
After this epic fail, I finally left the wood and stoped in Fail village (yes, Fail it's the name of the village, quiet appropriate :) for breakfast.
Nobody knew how to get on the Camino, so I walked the N2 until Viseu, about 9km. Luckily little traffic and enough space on the sideways.
I managed to walk 15km and made it to Viseu Libray where I am now, catching rain only for the last km.
I tried to contact the Albergue in Viseu without success, so I'm trying now to sleep in Almargem.
I will wait for the rain to stop, although the forecast says it will keep pouring until 17-18

This morning I managed to get lost in the wood 2,5km after Farminhao. After you cross a bridge there are 4 paths and no arrows. I took the left one, walked 300mt and after 2 more forks without signs, I checked google maps and while I was getting close to a road, it looked like I was going on opposite direction.
So I came back at the fork and took the right one. And afte many twist and turns, zigs and zags, I left sweaty an hour later after seeing many forks and no more arrows.
After this epic fail, I finally left the wood and stoped in Fail village (yes, Fail it's the name of the village, quiet appropriate :) for breakfast.
Nobody knew how to get on the Camino, so I walked the N2 until Viseu, about 9km. Luckily little traffic and enough space on the sideways.
I managed to walk 15km and made it to Viseu Libray where I am now, catching rain only for the last km.
I tried to contact the Albergue in Viseu without success, so I'm trying now to sleep in Almargem.
I will wait for the rain to stop, although the forecast says it will keep pouring until 17-18

Hi, Clach,
I think Aurelio had told us that the way from Santa Comba to Viseu is more of a "theoretical" path than a real one, so I am not surprised you got lost. Hope things improve from here! The pictures I have seen of this route are really quite beautiful. Hoping you have a great CPI. Bom caminho, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are some threads in the CPI sub-forum that can help you out a bit, one in particular is here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ugues-interior-in-november.44123/#post-457804

Let us know how it goes, this is a Caminho that I definitely want to walk! I wonder what explains the shutdown of the web page, maybe they are doing an upgrade.

Bom caminho, Laurie

It's working now since I've been reading it voraciously. This is an interior walk I'm now planning to start this late August 2017. The site itself seems a little sparse, actually.

Please keep posting so we know how it goes, though I understand there isn't much wifi on this route, yes?

Sorry I had to interrupt my camino last year in Castro Daire. So I walked only one more stage, Almargem - Ribolhos, which I LOVED and wrote it here (in italian sorry) http://iviaggidiclach.com/cpi-almargem-ribolhos/

The following day I walked 6km to Castro Daire where I took a bus to Porto.

Hopefully I will contunue my camino next May.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.