• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Catalan Route Guide, maps, audio guide

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The itinerary of the route of el Camino de Santiago Catalan is fully marked with the distinctive blue and yellow arrows and can be explored on foot, by bicycle or on horseback. This is a very successful road for Catalans - 10% of the pilgrims who arrive each year in Santiago come from Catalonia - and besides, Catalonia has a score of Associations of Friends of the Camino de Santiago who are responsible for the upkeep the sections of the Jacobean route, edit the guides and serve the pilgrims who begin their journey in Catalonia.
This path is also a link between the east and west of the Iberian Peninsula, between Catalonia and Galicia, among the monasteries of Sant Pere de Rodes and Compostela.

The route of el Camino de Santiago Catalan begins in the Mediterranean town of Port de la Selva (Costa Brava), with the emblematic Monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes, an important medieval pilgrimage center. Another point of departure for pilgrims coming from Europe, is the Jonquera, on the border with France.

From Sant Pere de Rodes, the main section of the Camino de Santiago in Catalonia covers the towns of Figueres, Girona, Olot, Vic, Manresa, Montserrat, Igualada, Cervera, Tarrega, and Lleida until reaching Alcarrás, on the border with Aragon .

Another branch departs from Barcelona, Tarragona, and Tortosa Ebro Delta, and joins the main road to converge with the French route that goes to Santiago de Compostela.

The main section of the Camino de Santiago in Catalonia covers some 400 km. This distance can be covered on foot in about 15 days at about 25 km a day. The route is full of monuments and cultural attractions, many linked to the Jacobean iconography and large medieval pilgrimages, like the University of Cervera, the "Seu Vella" symbolic Lleida or monastery of Montserrat.

The Government has published a map guide which includes the entire path, a graph with the profile, the main cultural sites, natural areas near the route, sights and culinary sections adapted for accessible tourism. This map has been published in three bilingual versions: Catalan / Castilian, English, French, German / Italian.

Moreover, the Catalan government has also published two guidelines concerning the Camino de Santiago in Catalonia: the first comprises the section of Montserrat Alcarrás and the second part of Port de la Selva or the Jonquera, up to Montserrat. These guides contain historical and cultural references of the road and signs to prepare for the pilgrimage, maps of each stage and information on accommodations.

An interactive map

All information relating to the portions adapted from the Catalan path can be found in accessible media, on the web "Camino de Santiago in Catalonia for all http://www.camidesantjaumeperatothom.cat created by the Catalan Agency of Tourism.

In addition, this website allows you to download - by phone, computer or PDA - an audio guide, with signs for the blind and captions for the deaf, and contains information about cultural resources, natural history, or traditions, existing within a radius of 20 km from the Catalan path.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The itinerary of the route of el Camino de Santiago Catalan is fully marked with the distinctive blue and yellow arrows and can be explored on foot, by bicycle or on horseback. This is a very successful road for Catalans - 10% of the pilgrims who arrive each year in Santiago come from Catalonia - and besides, Catalonia has a score of Associations of Friends of the Camino de Santiago who are responsible for the upkeep the sections of the Jacobean route, edit the guides and serve the pilgrims who begin their journey in Catalonia.
This path is also a link between the east and west of the Iberian Peninsula, between Catalonia and Galicia, among the monasteries of Sant Pere de Rodes and Compostela.

The route of el Camino de Santiago Catalan begins in the Mediterranean town of Port de la Selva (Costa Brava), with the emblematic Monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes, an important medieval pilgrimage center. Another point of departure for pilgrims coming from Europe, is the Jonquera, on the border with France.

From Sant Pere de Rodes, the main section of the Camino de Santiago in Catalonia covers the towns of Figueres, Girona, Olot, Vic, Manresa, Montserrat, Igualada, Cervera, Tarrega, and Lleida until reaching Alcarrás, on the border with Aragon .

Another branch departs from Barcelona, Tarragona, and Tortosa Ebro Delta, and joins the main road to converge with the French route that goes to Santiago de Compostela.

The main section of the Camino de Santiago in Catalonia covers some 400 km. This distance can be covered on foot in about 15 days at about 25 km a day. The route is full of monuments and cultural attractions, many linked to the Jacobean iconography and large medieval pilgrimages, like the University of Cervera, the "Seu Vella" symbolic Lleida or monastery of Montserrat.

The Government has published a map guide which includes the entire path, a graph with the profile, the main cultural sites, natural areas near the route, sights and culinary sections adapted for accessible tourism. This map has been published in three bilingual versions: Catalan / Castilian, English, French, German / Italian.

Moreover, the Catalan government has also published two guidelines concerning the Camino de Santiago in Catalonia: the first comprises the section of Montserrat Alcarrás and the second part of Port de la Selva or the Jonquera, up to Montserrat. These guides contain historical and cultural references of the road and signs to prepare for the pilgrimage, maps of each stage and information on accommodations.

An interactive map

All information relating to the portions adapted from the Catalan path can be found in accessible media, on the web "Camino de Santiago in Catalonia for all http://www.camidesantjaumeperatothom.cat created by the Catalan Agency of Tourism.

In addition, this website allows you to download - by phone, computer or PDA - an audio guide, with signs for the blind and captions for the deaf, and contains information about cultural resources, natural history, or traditions, existing within a radius of 20 km from the Catalan path.

Thank you so much for this information!
You wrote in 2010. Has anything changed after that time? I start to walk from Barcelona on the 18th of April. Do you know of printed guides or apps in English, Dutch, German, Swedish or Finnish?

Thank you so much for this information!
You wrote in 2010. Has anything changed after that time? I start to walk from Barcelona on the 18th of April. Do you know of printed guides or apps in English, Dutch, German, Swedish or Finnish?

I'm also looking at doing the Camino Catalan in April this year -- I can't seem to find any English guide books or maps. Have you found anything?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm also looking at doing the Camino Catalan in April this year -- I can't seem to find any English guide books or maps. Have you found anything?
Hi Melina. I read blogs and distilled information from them. I also "translated" the Spanish language Consumer guides. Send me your email address and I can send the files to you.

Hi Melina. I read blogs and distilled information from them. I also "translated" the Spanish language Consumer guides. Send me your email address and I can send the files to you.
Jakke, you know it would be really great if you would post these files as a "Resource" on the forum. Sounds like it is all anyone needs to start walking.

Are you planning to walk from San Pere/Llanca, or Montserrat, or some other starting point? And while I am being nosy, I also wonder whether you plan to go through Huesca (which is the alternative that I would most highly recommend now that I am also giving unsolicited advice!). Buen camino, Laurie

p.s. And I assume you have the list of accommodations published by the Amics of the Camino Catalan. If not, I can find it for you, I'm sure it is posted here.

Jakke, you know it would be really great if you would post these files as a "Resource" on the forum. Sounds like it is all anyone needs to start walking.

Are you planning to walk from San Pere/Llanca, or Montserrat, or some other starting point? And while I am being nosy, I also wonder whether you plan to go through Huesca (which is the alternative that I would most highly recommend now that I am also giving unsolicited advice!). Buen camino, Laurie

p.s. And I assume you have the list of accommodations published by the Amics of the Camino Catalan. If not, I can find it for you, I'm sure it is posted here.
No problem. Give me a couple of days.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sorry -- I answered only one question.
Yes, I plan to walk from Montserrat via Huesca. That decision is based on the reports of the pilgrims in their blogs.

Hi Jakke,
I would also very much like to see your files on the Catalan Camino.
We ( wife and I) plan to start at Montserrat on 21 April.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back