• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bras for " curvy " girls

spagirl

Time of past OR future Camino
frances(Sept 2018)
Lots of talk about ice breaker, exofficio. All great but appear to be for those ladies for whom a good bra is not a requirement like oxygen. Any D / DD ladies with good quick drying supportive bra options?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What do you normally wear? The Camino is a walk, not an athletic event. You just need a comfortable supportive bra like you wear every day.

I would argue that for some the Camino is an athletic event....maybe the biggest one they have ever participated in! But not the topic....
I do not usually wear a quick dry bra- just a normal underwire with good support. I have been on a trying on binge at outdoor stores and the quick dry/ merino bras just don't fit or are like not wearing one at all. All the sports bras I have would take too long to dry.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I would argue that for some the Camino is an athletic event....maybe the biggest one they have ever participated in! But not the topic....
I do not usually wear a quick dry bra- just a normal underwire with good support. I have been on a trying on binge at outdoor stores and the quick dry/ merino bras just don't fit or are like not wearing one at all. All the sports bras I have would take too long to dry.

Stick to the one you are used to, you will do fine. Polyamide or more technical ones will dry quicker than the wool ones. I can assure you. You will need the support of that underwire and the ones you now wear will do the trick.

Last edited:
I'm an E cup and wore this Lululemon bra. It was handy having 'pockets' for lip balm, a bit of cash, etc. It dried pretty quickly and was supportive.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-sports-bras/Stash-N’-Run-Bra/_/prod8900617?color=0002

I am now looking for something different though, as i"m changing what shirt i'll wear next Camino and don't want cross over straps. But if it works with what you're wearing, i'd recommend this bra. It's the only one i wear for any exercise i do (mainly a gentle walk, tough hike or tennis).

I'm an E cup and wore this Lululemon bra. It was handy having 'pockets' for lip balm, a bit of cash, etc. It dried pretty quickly and was supportive.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-sports-bras/Stash-N’-Run-Bra/_/prod8900617?color=0002

I am now looking for something different though, as i"m changing what shirt i'll wear next Camino and don't want cross over straps. But if it works with what you're wearing, i'd recommend this bra. It's the only one i wear for any exercise i do (mainly a gentle walk, tough hike or tennis).

Thanks....I will check it out!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes most of the bras talked about here seem to be for people who don't need very serious bras.

I have been using this one:
https://www.barenecessities.co.uk/intense-sports-bras-action-wired-sports-bra-17281.html

I live in Canada and have to order it from the UK (where there is a much greater range of sizes available, even in the average department store). Don't fall over when you see the price. But, it is quite comfortable and relatively light for what it does. And it dries over night. Most sports bras for bigger sizes have all sorts of heavy material that is slow to dry. I've taken this one on a number of caminos and long-distance walks.

There is a bra called Knixwear that some women say is super comfortable - their sizes don't work for everyone though.

Last edited:
I just wore a Warner's minimizer underwire bra (#2544) It dries super fast and you can buy them at Walmart. It is not a sports bra, but it was fine for the camino.

What do you normally wear? The Camino is a walk, not an athletic event. You just need a comfortable supportive bra like you wear every day.
I'm a g cup and just used my normal everyday bras, much lighter and faster drying than sports type bras. As already said its not an athletic event, no running required. lol

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes most of the bras talked about here seem to be for people who don't need very serious bras.

I have been using this one:
https://www.barenecessities.co.uk/intense-sports-bras-action-wired-sports-bra-17281.html

I live in Canada and have to order it from the UK (where there is a much greater range of sizes available, even in the average department store). Don't fall over when you see the price. But, it is quite comfortable and relatively light for what it does. And it dries over night. Most sports bras for bigger sizes have all sorts of heavy material that is slow to dry. I've taken this one on a number of caminos and long-distance walks.

There is a bra called Knixwear that some women say is super comfortable - their sizes don't work for everyone though.

Looks great! Thanks

I would argue that for some the Camino is an athletic event....maybe the biggest one they have ever participated in!
Yes, it can be physically demanding, but you're not running and jumping, so you don't have to worry about too much bouncing. :)

And I don't like to wear pullover sports bras because they can be uncomfortable to put on and take off in the confines of a small shower stall when you are sticky with sweat, or not completely dry from the shower.

I agree, sport bras take to long to dry. I have a generous bustline and always take my semi lightweight underwires on the Camino and they work just fine. For me, it's only about comfort while walking with a backpack.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, it can be physically demanding, but you're not running and jumping, so you don't have to worry about too much bouncing. :)

And I don't like to wear pullover sports bras because they can be uncomfortable to put on and take off in the confines of a small shower stall when you are sticky with sweat, or not completely dry from the shower.
Totally true about the majority of pullover style sports bras! I feel like I am wrestling with a straitjacket trying to get them on or off. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Check out Miss Mary of Sweden ranges. Goes to G cup.
A very good quick drying sports bra is by Anita range. Have had mine for several years and gone swimming in it too as it does look decent enough.

This is my favorite:

https://change.com/ca/sport-p5637897740

I also require a very supportive bra, and this one is perfect.

It has an ordinary closing at the back. Really comfortable, fast drying, can even take the washing maschine and dryer at high temperatures, the straps csn be adjusted easily.

I’m 165 cm high, weighs 75 kg, and have a DD cup. I use an ‘Medium 3’ (m3).

Echo those who say wear what you wear in your normal life. First camino I wore a sports bra and hated it. In all my pictures I look like I have a uniboob. As I am a 36DDD I bought one with a lot of support and felt like it was too constricting. For second camino, I just work my unwire bra and was much happier. I go again in April and will wear my underwire lacey bra again....its all about the tired and true. Good luck containing the girls :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I couldn't stand the sweatiness of my everyday bra. Definitely need something sweat wicking!!

After many trials at MEC I found a super comfy quick dry raceback sports bra from Old Navy. I also had a regualr bra for evenings. Hope you find a solution that works for you!

Ugh.... sports bras. Squished, flattened, soaked with sweat. No bueno. My regular bras are fine. 36dd

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lots of talk about ice breaker, exofficio. All great but appear to be for those ladies for whom a good bra is not a requirement like oxygen. Any D / DD ladies with good quick drying supportive bra options?

Shock Absorber bra. Best support, pretty quick dry, affordable.

I know that with a giant pack on my back, exhausted ,sweaty, Meseta wind swept hair that quite frankly isn't as 'luxurious' as it once was....never mind practical footwear and a giant plastic poncho, old lady walking sticks ( boy have I changed my mind on those) that having one great big giant UNABOOB should be no where on my list of concerns but man oh man is hooking a giant frame to your front not the most unappealing image ever?
I caught a glimpse of my self walking past a store window yesterday feeling all healthy and smug and superior self propelling myself to the grocery store........
boy did that image fade fast! The refection scared the bejeezez out of me! My boobs looked like they were in desperate need of help escaping and were taking matters into their own hands by jumping ship themselves.
On a positive note maybe I will look so desperate that young ponytail swinging a cup millennial pilgrims will leave me the bottom bunks!!!

I wear a DD cup and have finally found a sports bra that works for me. In anticipation of my Camino walk this September, I ordered two new bras from "Glamorise." I find them comfortable, supportive, and quick drying. I bought two last year and wear them on a daily basis, as I just like the extra support these bras provide, so it only made sense that I get a couple more for the Camino. https://glamorise.com/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Spagirl, even though the sports bra's do take longer to dry I did feel they were worth it. The best thing about sports bra's are not just the bounce protection but they are designed to not have any of those weird underwire rubbing spots. My sports bra's still have underwire but I didn't have any of those "omg I need to stuff a tissue under that wire bit in my armpit" kind of moments. That's why I took sports bra's and I wasn't sorry.

I only took 2 and took one of those mesh wash bags (that I normally put my bra's in to wash) and if it was slightly damp I just hung the whole bag on the back of my pack. You couldn't really see what was in there and an hour in the sun and it was done and back in my pack.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.