• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logistics for Finisterre and Muxia.

Wazza

Time of past OR future Camino
de Frances 2017. Finisterre 2017
My wife and I have just completed Camino Frances from St Jean. We are now going to trek to Muxia and then to Finisterre. My questions relate to all types of accommodation in some of thr small towns as we wont be doing the 30 km plus legs in one day. Also, we need a bag transported as we did on Frances. Who are the best operators to call as I also need a new envelope. Where can I get one in Santiago? Apologies for the multiple questions.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Wazza, congratulations on reaching Santiago!
The Galician Tourist Office has details of accommodation and they'll probably know the answers to your questions re bag transport etc.
It is situated in Rua do Vilar, here's their website http://www.turismo.gal/
Also Gronze and Eroski sites have details for Finisterre and Muxía.

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/etapa-de-fisterra-a-muxia-de-muxia-a-fisterra

https://www.gronze.com/santiago-finisterre
And there's another one: http://www.mundicamino.com/los-caminos/41/camino-de-fisterra/

Good luck with your planning :)

Last edited:
We just returned from Santiago last night after completing the Camino Ingles and also Santiago to Finesterre and finished in Muxia. A person traveling with us shipped a small bag the whole way using C0rreos. They charged her 20 Euros for the Camino Ingles route and also 20 Euros for 6 drops to Muxia. We were booked ahead so the post office set up 1 ticket with all the stops on each route. The bag was delivered every day with no problems.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Our route
Day 1) Santiago to Negreira 23 km stayed at the Pension La Mezquita
Day 2) Negreira to Olveiroa 35km stayed at Pension As Pias (tough day would suggest break it up into 2 days)
Day 3) Olveiroa to Corcubion 25km stayed at Pension Beiramac
Day 4) Corcubion to Cabo Fisterra 22km (splurged stayed at the light house) Hotel O Semaforo
Day 5) Finesterre to Lires 19km stayed at Pension As Eiras
Day 6) Lires to Muxia 17 km stayed at Hostal La Cruz (across the street from the beach and you can get your Muxiana)

We were very happy with all our accommodations, we had private rooms but most of these also hosted an Albergue.

Last edited:
For shorter stages, I left Santiago in the afternoon and walked some 8-10km to Casa Riamonte which is lovely. From there it was Casa Pepa, a beautiful old stone house with a large dorm upstairs, a common area/bar on the ground floor. Then albergue Moreira in Cee, an ok albegue, well located, in a lovely town and finally Fisterra where I stayed at the new Oceanus albergue, a 2 minute walk to the cwnter of town as you come in from the beach.

Anyone of these albergues can organise mochilero service for you. While there is a lot of tension at the moment within/against the mochilero industry in the area, I really don’t think it matters much who you deal with. I like the idea of using Correos as it may help keep regular postal service alive in rural areas.

Our route
Day 1) Santiago to Negreira 23 km stayed at the Pension La Mezquita
Day 2) Negreira to Olveiroa 35km stayed at Pension As Pias (tough day would suggest break it up into 2 days)
Day 3) Olveiroa to Corcubion 25km stayed at Pension Beiramac
Day 4) Corcubion to Cabo Fisterra 22km (splurged stayed at the light house) Hotel O Semaforo
Day 5) Finesterre to Lires 19km stayed at Pension As Eiras
Day 6) Lires to Muxia 17 km stayed at Hostal La Cruz (across the street from the beach and you can get your Muxiana)

We were very happy with all our accommodations, we had private rooms but most of these also hosted an Albergue.
That’s

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am currently walking the Santiago to Fisterra route (no guide book) after having finished CF. I was going to stay in SdC, but my legs just wanted a walk. Tomorrow I head to Fisterra from Olveiroa. Today was a long walk. I am very thankful I bit the bullet and walked this way. I find the Fisterra route just as if not more beautiful than the rest of the Camino. I hope my boots, feet, socks, knees and legs will go the distance tomorrow. I am due to fly from SdC on Friday so will hop on the Thursday morning bus from F to SdC, fit in some shopping and then fly out Fri morning.
Ah, this has been a blessing.

My boots are worn,
My pants are torn,
My socks are for the tip.

My gloves are tossed,
My buff is lost,
But beanie’s made the trip!

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back