• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid September 2018

mistermac

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013, 2019 [from Sahagun]
CP 2015
VdlP/Sanabres 2016/2017
Camino de Madrid Sept 2018/2019
I plan to leave Madrid at the beginning of September 2018. Is anyone else walking at that time?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have tentative plans but not shared with my husband yet as we said after finishing CF again last year that we would not walk the Camino again! However, tempted by the Madrid and bought a map covering it yesterday!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am walking the Madrid in September, but no date booked yet.

I am walking the Madrid in September, but no date booked yet.
I expect to leave Madrid on 3rd September 2018. Might see you somewhere along the way. I have knee issues so won't be setting any speed records.

Like others, tentative plans for Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo in September
However... given that my wife and I arrived in Santiago yesterday from SJPP (my 2nd CdF) and head on towards Finisterre and Muxia in about 3 hours , I haven’t discussed these plans yet ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I’ll be three weeks behind. If any peregrina wishes to share a room at JardinHostwl in Tres Cantos PM me!

I would be interested to hear how to get from Finisterre to Madrid - all avenues I have tried seem extraordinarily convoluted and/or time consuming...
First timer from Canada

I would be interested to hear how to get from Finisterre to Madrid - all avenues I have tried seem extraordinarily convoluted and/or time consuming...
First timer from Canada

Hi. This thread is about walking from Madrid to Sahagun on the Camino de Madrid. I'm thinking that you're asking about how to travel from Finisterre to Madrid by bus/plane/train? The thing to do would be to get back to Santiago from Finisterre and then travel to Madrid. i know from experience that the train is fairly straightforward - about seven hours journey. Try the Rome to Rio website. Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm planning to leave Madrid on 31st Aug. I'll keep a look out for you :). I plan to "smell the roses" so maybe our paths will cross.

I'm planning to leave Madrid on 31st Aug. I'll keep a look out for you :). I plan to "smell the roses" so maybe our paths will cross.
Good to know. Thanks.

I have tentative plans but not shared with my husband yet as we said after finishing CF again last year that we would not walk the Camino again! However, tempted by the Madrid and bought a map covering it yesterday!
Do you have a link to the route?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I found this map very useful as you can drill down to see the detail of any section as well as an overview of the route as a whole - https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/relation/112925. Best of all though is the CSJ 'Pilgrim Guides: Camino de Madrid 2017/18' - superb value for £4 for the kindle ebook (it's available on amazon).

I arrive in Madrid on 3rd September, then doing a few days as a tourist, then arriving in Santa Maria la real on 6th September, start walking from there the next day.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm leaving Madrid on 3rd Sept. I'll look out for you. Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I arrive in Madrid on 3rd September, then doing a few days as a tourist, then arriving in Santa Maria la real on 6th September, start walking from there the next day.
Now in Leon after walking from Segovia to Sahagun. The Camino France's is quite a shock to the system after the quiet of the Madrid route. In Sahagun was the first time I had to share the albergue with other. All the Albergue on the Madrid I had completely to myself and my own key. I was only able to use English twice, both time with ladies in supermarkets, for a few minutes.I enjoyed all ten days, very much. But Spanish is definetly essential in my opinion.

Now in Leon after walking from Segovia to Sahagun. The Camino France's is quite a shock to the system after the quiet of the Madrid route. In Sahagun was the first time I had to share the albergue with other. All the Albergue on the Madrid I had completely to myself and my own key. I was only able to use English twice, both time with ladies in supermarkets, for a few minutes.I enjoyed all ten days, very much. But Spanish is definetly essential in my opinion.
How did you like the route, Mike?
I like flat terrain or gently rolling hills what Camino de Madrid after Segovia really is (Tierra de Campos, like a Meseta) so that made this Camino very special to me.

I plan to leave Madrid at the beginning of September 2018. Is anyone else walking at that time?
you will have many companions on this route! lots of rabbits. I di 4 days on this route then decided to go back to Madrid and catch a train to sahguin do the Frances. Luckily I did the switch when I was on my first day in Sahguin experience extreme pains in my abdomen and they want to bring me to the hospital. I stayed another nite here and continued. Back home eventually I was diagnosed with gallstones. Nevertheless, I would attempt this Camino but with a companion, I found it too lonely. Buen Camino Hombre.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi there.
We finished walking the Camino de Madrid on 21 September 2018 - 12 days from Madrid to Sahagún. This way is not for everyone, but we enjoyed it very much. For anyone interested, here is a link to my blog. I was many days behind for a while due to lack of wi fi, but it’s now up to date. We begin on the Salvador tomorrow

caminospain2018.wordpress.com

PS. My blog is a journal of my experiences and impressions along The Way. It’s not packed full of practical information. For that we used Johnnie Walker’s excellent guidebook and information from the Association of Amigos of Camino de Madrid. Muchas gracias to both.

Hi all,
I finished the Madrid Camino last week, what an amazing walk, 14days, 6 other pilgrim's & 8 cyclists , so very quite.
Segovia was a highlight , the mountain crossing but also the austere Maseta.
Finding yellow arrows was an issue, all along this Camino, I often needed Google maps & a Camino website to get my bearings. I know of 4 people who stopped walking because they had issues with the signage.
Also I had to carry a lot of food & extra water.
If you are considering walking it be prepared.
Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all,
I finished the Madrid Camino last week, what an amazing walk, 14days, 6 other pilgrim's & 8 cyclists , so very quite.
Segovia was a highlight , the mountain crossing but also the austere Maseta.
Finding yellow arrows was an issue, all along this Camino, I often needed Google maps & a Camino website to get my bearings. I know of 4 people who stopped walking because they had issues with the signage.
Also I had to carry a lot of food & extra water.
If you are considering walking it be prepared.
Buen Camino
Congrats!

Although I don't really get that about bad signage. I walked it in 2014 and never ever needed to check on-line for GPS tracks :D
I thought that maybe the arrows would be hidden in high grass but then again that would more likely happened to me in May and not to you in September. I'm completely surprised and confused with what you wrote...
One more thing. The land after Segovia is locally called Tierra de Campos until you are near Sahagun when Meseta (not Maseta) begins. So I was told ;)

Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.