• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Confraternity of St James albergue

Hansel

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances and Fisterre (2018,08) ,Camino Primitivo, and Fisterre,(2019,04)
Looking to stay in the Albergue run by the confraternity of st james on the camino frances, currently a day from Leon, but couldn't find it on their website, or in the small booklet for 2017/2018,maybe too tired when I started looking, do you have the name of the refuge and town?
Thanks Bill

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
And DO go to mass in the evening to hear the Gregorian chants-right across the square!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I don’t think you can book @Hansel, which is why you may be having trouble finding it online. When you get to Rabanal walk up the street and you will find it beside the little church. If it is not open when you arrive, there will be a notice on the door with the opening time, so line up with the other pilgrims by placing your pack in a line. And don’t wander off too far! It operates on the original “refugio” principles - no reserving so not even for companions - you must be there in person, and only for those with no vehicle support, ie walking and carrying their own packs.

Be warned that the queuing can start very early at this time of year especially if it's hot. By Early I mean by 10am and they usually don't open until 1.30 after the hospitaleros have had lunch.

Alternatively El Tesin as you enter the village on your left is good - you can stand at the julliet balcony and wave to entering pilgrims and so is El Refugio Hostaria (Tonio's) on the other side of the church.

Down the hill on the village square you have Pilar's set around a courtyard and always buzzing or the Municipal.

Kanga is right, walkers/cyclists/horse riders are the rule. When I worked there I went into Astorga on my day off and took my pack in to bring back supplies. Waiting for the return bus I got talking to an American lady who assumed I was a pilgrim. We got off the bus together at Pilar's and I took the short cut through the back garden and was in reception in time for her to swear she'd walked all the way in from Astorga - and then she saw my face . . . Be sure your sins will find you out!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was there a few days ago about 12 midday. On that particular day it did not open until 14.00. (Usually 13.00) no queue. Most had gone to Albergue Pilar beside the municipal Albergue. The food in Pilar was excellent. Albergue Pilar a bit cramped but reasonably organized. Breakfast from 6am €3

https://albergueelpilar.com/

Vespers in Church at 19.00 a great camino experience.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I was there this afternoon. I hope your reception is more humane than the one I got! :oops:
Oh that's a shame. It all depends on who is volunteering. The couple when I was there last September were lovely. It is one of the alburges I plan to stay at again this time if only for English afternoon tea in the garden.

I don’t think you can book @Hansel, which is why you may be having trouble finding it online. When you get to Rabanal walk up the street and you will find it beside the little church. If it is not open when you arrive, there will be a notice on the door with the opening time, so line up with the other pilgrims by placing your pack in a line. And don’t wander off too far! It operates on the original “refugio” principles - no reserving so not even for companions - you must be there in person, and only for those with no vehicle support, ie walking and carrying their own packs.
I found it in my booklet from the confraternity, once I knew where to look, looks like I'm still about two days to go to Rabanal del Camino staying at Villar de Mazarife, at Albergue Paraiso de Jesus, has a small pool which was welcome, anyone else on the Frances nearby?

Oh that's a shame. It all depends on who is volunteering. The couple when I was there last September were lovely. It is one of the alburges I plan to stay at again this time if only for English afternoon tea in the garden.
Might keep going up the hill, will see how the feet and legs are doing.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Spoke to a nice lady, but got there about eleven am, so kept going to the next pueblo.

This was my FAVORITE stay! Loved the short pilgrims mass in the evening. I even got to be an English reader! No reservations - first come basis.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back