• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lisbon to Santiago August 2018

WalkingGeo

Sept/Oct 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2016 Frances
August 2018 CP - Lisbon to SDdC
Hi All - My first night in Portugal will be at the "This is Lisbon Hostel" and starting my walk August 1st. Can't wait!! I walked the Camino Frances in September of 2016 and at the end of that 35 day journey, the thought that I'd be doing another was the furthest thing from my mind. Then within weeks of my return to life's routines - It happened - It's funny how the Camino works it's way into your mind, invisible at first, then slowly making way to the front of your consciousness, unwilling to be ignored. Pulling, demanding you back! I don't know how anyone can deny the urge. I'm weak, so here I go again!! lol

I look forward to making new friends, seeing new sights and furthering my growth as a Pilgrim for life!

George

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked between Lisbon and Porto last Oct, took the central way, there are albergues there, the route is getting busier. If you are decided on maing the coastal way from Lisbon then you can find accommodation in hostels, pensions and campsites along the way. Orbitur campsite has a special discount for pilgrims. Be warned that the coastal way from Lisbon to Porto is not exactly a Camino, no albergues there and no yellow sings, and it may not be as social as CF. The proper Camino spirit and plentiful accommodation options you can find after Porto, especially on the central way.

Thanks, my mistake. I posted in the wrong thread, duh! I'm planning on the central route from Lisbon and may switch over to the coastal route from Porto on! I will probably make that decision when I'm there! So long as I know where I'm starting and ending, everything else is flexible! Thanks for the note!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi All - My first night in Portugal will be at the "This is Lisbon Hostel" and starting my walk August 1st. Can't wait!! I walked the Camino Frances in September of 2016 and at the end of that 35 day journey, the thought that I'd be doing another was the furthest thing from my mind. Then within weeks of my return to life's routines - It happened - It's funny how the Camino works it's way into your mind, invisible at first, then slowly making way to the front of your consciousness, unwilling to be ignored. Pulling, demanding you back! I don't know how anyone can deny the urge. I'm weak, so here I go again!! lol

I look forward to making new friends, seeing new sights and furthering my growth as a Pilgrim for life!

George
I will be starting from Lisbon on August 2nd. Hopefully, our paths will cross!
Bom Caminho!!

Yes, The Camino is a drug of sorts.....
Last night flipping through television channels I came across a Rick Steve's episode featuring Galicia and The Camino Frances. I was fixated for the entire 30 minute show.
Like a disease once it gets into your blood. I hope no cure is ever found for it.......... (LOL!)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

George
Starting on August 24th - please keep updating as you travel, especially accommodation. Thanks

Bom Caminho to all that are on the Camnio Portuguese and also to all that aren't!!

I've been walking now for 6 days and have met only 16 pilgrims on the Camino since Lisbon. We have been seeing each other off and on since the beginning.

It has been difficult with the heat and have elected to walk the shorter stages for safety every day but today!

The Pilgrim traffic has been very light and we have had no problem getting beds!

We are in Galega now and look forward to continuing the journey!

Bom Caminho!

George
Hi, starting Portuguese Camino on Aug 25th from Lisbon. What was the Lisbon Hostel like to stay in? John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You are offically a pilgrim. Starting my 25th camino october in Ferrol Santiago Finnisterra Muxia

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back