• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Awesome Place by the River between Zubiri and Pamplona!!

The Cheer Fairies

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall (2018)
We thoroughly enjoyed taking some time for music and replenishing ourselves at a neat spot by the river. The food is good - there are even vegetables in the dishes, which we found very lacking during our Camino. The setting is peaceful yet energetic with Pilgrims sitting around relaxing, sharing food and drinks. One pilgrim even joined in a song with the musician singing the day we were there. Reflecting on that time makes me smile and long to be back on the Camino. Bien Camino all........

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We thoroughly enjoyed taking some time for music and replenishing ourselves at a neat spot by the river. The food is good - there are even vegetables in the dishes, which we found very lacking during our Camino. The setting is peaceful yet energetic with Pilgrims sitting around relaxing, sharing food and drinks. One pilgrim even joined in a song with the musician singing the day we were there. Reflecting on that time makes me smile and long to be back on the Camino. Bien Camino all........
Want to share the name of this magical place?

The riverside path from Zubiri to Pamplona is quite a stretch. Have you any more details or a photo re the exact location of this pleasant spot?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Don’t know about walkers as I walked the Camino 12 years ago, but we cyclists have our amazing ten-kilometers-long cycling lane to Pamplona by the river Arga. The river to your left, park to your right, a lot of picnic opportunities. Oh, I forgot to mention a small waterfall. Love it!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, the description of a place on the river sounds more like La Parada de Zuriáin - it's right by a bridge you have to cross. Lovely place, we stopped there for breakfast on our first Camino and then stayed the next time. They have a room with bunks and a few private rooms. Delightful people and great food - the description of vegetables included definitely matches our experience! They cooked a special dish just for my vegetarian mother. Lovely atmosphere and great kindness, in a beautiful setting. There is a funny metal sculpture of a pilgrim (I think!) just outside, if that helps to jog memories. It's about 1-2km before Irotz.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Loved the chickens running around begging for treats.
They have a live cam at the bar where you can take a selfie.
Cool place.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I loved this place! My sister and I stopped there in 2016 and met a young man walking back to St Jean from Pamplona. He gave us his hiking poles. Great memories!

"Back in the day" it was listed as the only refugio in Pamplona!! From it the recommended path circumvented Pamplona to the east and south. There has been a lot of change since 1986...

This was the first place where there was any thing to eat or drink after leaving Zubiri. (Early May). A long way to go on an empty stomach. Do not make this mistake! My iPad indicates the location is Zuriain. The same place as noted above.
There were many a grateful Pilgrim stopping here for rest and replenishment.
0A3CB52A-4B0E-451A-AA41-01D57A611B9F.jpeg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
When my friend and I first walked the Camino, we had planned breakfast at Larrasoana but.....nothing open then & I think the Albergue was closed due to dealing with bedbugs.
No brekkie till outskirts of Pamplona it being Sunday and we had to run to the little store that was just closing for siesta.
Lesson learned!! From then on (and on subsequent trips) I always carry my emergency supplies of chocolate bar, bag of Babybel cheeses and an orange!

I stopped there in 2017 for a bowl of absolutely delicious soup. I was alone but sat with a group of friendly pilgrims. Lovely place!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Darn it! I've tried to remember and am upset with myself for not writing it in my journal. I promise, it will stand out and you will walk upon it as you walk to Pamplona. Enjoy!! Bien Camino.....
Is it at a bridge over the river? A bldg associated with your memory?

That's a great stopping place. I was attacked by this vicious kitten while trying to drink my coffee there. He was relentless in his demands to be pet and snuggled. I thought it was really cute at the time, but that was before I met all of the other truly nasty, pushy feral cats on the Camino... Cats cats, everywhere. Even had one try to fight me for my pulpo in Samos.

Buen Camino!

1540055125851.png

Very nice and freindly people there. They put up with a lot of newbies with grace and charm. It is amazing how few pilgrims pick up after themselves and expect the owners to bus the trash left on the tables.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very nice and freindly people there. They put up with a lot of newbies with grace and charm. It is amazing how few pilgrims pick up after themselves and expect the owners to bus the trash left on the tables.
Great spot to stop, last year we stopped had a coffee
,orange juice and a potato tortilla. Great memories

Phil and I stayed here in 2016. Watched the local fly fishermen come in for a shot of whiskey before going out at first light followed by a flood of peregrinos for breakfast. Rooms ok. Not the cleanest, but we were two of only three pilgrim's since this is off the stages. Loved sitting out in the evening watching pilgrims and fishermen alike. Phil fly fishes here so was reminded of home.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.