• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Finisterre to A Coruna

Calisteve

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Camino - Primitivo, Norte, Mozarabe
Hi guys - would welcome advice re getting from Finisterre to A Coruna airport on a Saturday in July. Will be flying to the UK and Heathrow is more convenient for us than Stansted - hence am considering flying back from A Coruna. Been searching bus websites all morning, but haven't found definitive confirmation. Or is it a lot easier just to get a bus to Santiago and put up with Ryanair?

Many thanks in advance...

Best wishes

Steve

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Calisteve,
Sabine beat me to it! :)

This bus takes you to the A Coruña bus station, and from there you can get a taxi ride to the airport.
Buen Camino.

I took the bus from Fisterra to A Coruna in November. Once you reach A Coruna you can take a bus to the airport quickly and cheaply. Every 30 minutes or so during the day. They do not leave from the main bus station though: you catch it from a bus stop just outside a petrol station on the opposite side of a major road nearby.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi guys - would welcome advice re getting from Finisterre to A Coruna airport on a Saturday in July. Will be flying to the UK and Heathrow is more convenient for us than Stansted - hence am considering flying back from A Coruna. Been searching bus websites all morning, but haven't found definitive confirmation. Or is it a lot easier just to get a bus to Santiago and put up with Ryanair?

Many thanks in advance...

Best wishes

Steve
Not sure about from Finisterre but we took a bus from Muxia to A Coruna to fly to Faro Portugal. It was a couple of hours. It was pretty easy. I'm sure there is a bus from Finisterre.

Yes the bus across the road from the bus station is the blue line. It will say airport.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If there is no direct bus to A Coruna from Finisterre, and you need to go via Santiago, think about taking the train from Santiago to La Coruna.

Train station in Santiago is easier to reach than the bus station and a lot more comfortable (Santiago bus station is very run down, although I appreciate that if you have taken a bus from Finisterre to Santiago, you are already at Santiago bus station, and you do not then need to walk to the train station). Also, on the train, you have your luggage with you, instead of it being down in a hold of a bus, where you don't know if someone else will remove it on an intermediate stop. Nice new trains too.

Trains go from Santiago to A Coruna at least hourly.

When you come to A Coruna train station, walk straight on across traffic lights from the front door and down a hill to a busy dual carriageway. If you bear right when you hit the dual carriageway, the airport bus stop is about 50 yards further on. This is in contrast to A Coruna bus station which is further away from the airport bus stop (as Bradypus says, the airport bus does not stop at the bus station). Airport bus goes every 30 minutes and if I recall correctly, once I reached the bus stop, I had about 10 inutes to wait.

One thing about the evening Vueling flight from A Coruna to Heathrow. Ryanair type food to buy on the plane. In addition, A Coruna airport is very small - you do not need to get there 2 hours before the plane goes. Nearer to 1 hour before the flight is sufficient. There was a cafe type restaurant by check in, but the food served could hardly be described as wholesome. There was a similar poor cafe through security. Bottom line meaning that as the Vueling flight is a late evening one, I would recommend eating a good lunch in Finisterre or Santiago before you transfer to A Coruna (there are also not good restaurants near the bus or train stations in A Coruna).

Main reasons I flew from a Coruna was that was a direct flight to Heathrow, and the price was much cheaper than flying to Heathrow than from Santiago (via Madrid or somewhere). Santiago though is a good, modern airport.

to further the question
took a look at the suggested site and have these options for departure point:

so which one is it (or at least the most convenient, if you will)?

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back