Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Penasillas - Taberna do Peto questions

StFina

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
Does anyone know if Taberna do Peto in Penasillas has rooms to rent above their bar? Tried calling and no answer. Much thanks - 73

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Does anyone know if Taberna do Peto in Penasillas has rooms to rent above their bar? Tried calling and no answer. Much thanks - 73
Hi StFina.

I just finished the Camino de Invierno yesterday.
I stopped for coffee and tostada at the Cantina O Peto in Penasillas. The lady there was very nice and advised me about the ascent to Monte Faro. Unfortunately I did not ask about lodging at her place. Not sure if they offer rooms. Apologies for not being able to help.
My suggestion is that if the weather is not clear and nice, give the ascent to the Ermita a miss. I went up through the "way of the cross" in heavy rain and fog but visibility was approximately 5 metres only and there was snow on the ground. I struggled to find my way back through the Cruceiro. I did not see the provinces of Galicia from the top.
!Buen Camino!

Attachments

• 20190410_131819-1612x1209.jpg
    20190410_131819-1612x1209.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20190410_132158-1382x1843.jpg
    20190410_132158-1382x1843.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 3
Just spoke with them. No rooms to rent. Much thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1: Ponferrada to Villavieja As usual, life has a habit of changing plans so we found ourselves on the Invierno a month later than expected. Regardless though, we are happy to finally get...
If I leave Ponferrada early enough to arrive in Villavieja and spend some time at the castle Cornatel, can I leave the next day, spend some meaningful time beholding las Medulas and Orellan, and...
Hi all - a question for all you Invierno experts: We are starting the Invierno (finally!) tomorrow, but there’s a slight issue with our plan. My partner needs to be present for a work Zoom...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.