• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Volveremos - Querido Camino Campaign

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
“What can we do to help the Camino?” is the most frequently asked question during this time when because of the pandemic many pilgrims will not walk this year.

“When will the pilgrims and visitors return?” is the anxious question asked by many albergues, hotels and other services along the Camino routes.

One thing we can ALL do is send them our best wishes and reassure them that we WILL return when we can.

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO EMAIL THE MAIN PRESS OUTLETS ALONG THE CAMINO

Simply cut and paste the list of emails addresses at the end of this post, making sure the semicolon is between the addresses.

Type Querido Camino - Volveremos in the subject box.

Attach a photo like the one below or simply sign it Peregrino (man) or Peregrina (woman), your name and where you are from.
Don’t forget the important word VOLVEREMOS – WE WILL RETURN.

You can write your own message or use this:

Querido Camino - Volveremos
We want you to know that we care for the people of Spain and the Camino
Queremos que sepa que nos preocupamos por los Españoles y el Camino.
Peregrino(a) (Your Name),(City, ST, Country)

List of email addresses to send your message to (don't worry, they have all agreed to participate!):

redaccion@diariodenavarra.es;
redaccion@noticiasdenavarra.es;
local@diariodeburgos.es;
redaccion.nc@nortedecastilla.es;
internet@diariodeleon.com;
redac.santiago@lavoz.es;
info@elcorreogallego.es;
local@elcorreogallego.es;
galicia@europapress.es;
info@laregion.es;
redaccion@elprogreso.es;
pam@lne.es;
publicidad@lavoz.es
oficinadelperegrino@catedraldesantiago.es
arzsantiago@archicompostela.org

Example picture/drawing:

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I take it out @Robo and will at the working one when I find it ;-)
BC SY

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Great idea, I've done it. Thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
“What can we do to help the Camino?” is the most frequently asked question during this time when because of the pandemic many pilgrims will not walk this year.

“When will the pilgrims and visitors return?” is the anxious question asked by many albergues, hotels and other services along the Camino routes.

One thing we can ALL do is send them our best wishes and reassure them that we WILL return when we can.

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO EMAIL THE MAIN PRESS OUTLETS ALONG THE CAMINO

Simply cut and paste the list of emails addresses at the end of this post, making sure the semicolon is between the addresses.

Type Querido Camino - Volveremos in the subject box.

Attach a photo like the one below or simply sign it Peregrino (man) or Peregrina (woman), your name and where you are from.
Don’t forget the important word VOLVEREMOS – WE WILL RETURN.

You can write your own message or use this:

Querido Camino - Volveremos
We want you to know that we care for the people of Spain and the Camino
Queremos que sepa que nos preocupamos por los Españoles y el Camino.
Peregrino(a) (Your Name),(City, ST, Country)

List of email addresses to send your message to (don't worry, they have all agreed to participate!):

redaccion@diariodenavarra.es;
redaccion@noticiasdenavarra.es;
local@diariodeburgos.es;
redaccion.nc@nortedecastilla.es;
internet@diariodeleon.com;
redac.santiago@lavoz.es;
info@elcorreogallego.es;
local@elcorreogallego.es;
galicia@europapress.es;
info@laregion.es;
redaccion@elprogreso.es;
pam@lne.es;
publicidad@lavoz.es
oficinadelperegrino@catedraldesantiago.es
arzsantiago@archicompostela.org

Example picture/drawing:

Thank you for posting this with emails I could copy and paste.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@SYates I am wondering what happened with our volveremos-messages. Did they get published in the media we sent them to? Did albergue-owners and other businesses along the camino get to see them? How many messages have been sent? Has there been any reaction? 🤔
I'd love to find out.

There were various articles here in Spanish newspapers, both in print and online, about the campaign, yes, so your messages got read by many people. Here is one that is mentioning various:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for the link, @SYates . They even quoted me! 😊 I'm glad I asked. Otherwise I would never have known. So our messages have indeed been read. So nice to know.❤

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.