• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

This is my favorite creation made while On Camino!

Arn

Veteran Member
In a recent thread on "What's the one thing in your pack..." several of you said you carried a sketch pad, colored pencil kit, or, did not pack a favorite item, such as a SLR camera. In this thread, post your most favorite Sketch, Painting, Rubbing or Photo created while walking the Way. Let's give other pilgrims an opportunity to share your creativity.
Buen "Hold it! Ah, perfect!" Camino
Arn

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@mspath, totally not fair. I was hoping you were either asleep or not paying attention. Now, I'll have to find another photo. Likely one not as obvious to a veteran Camino pilgrim.
Wasn't there another thread for "Where was this picture taken" puzzles? I think this one is more about sharing our art (recognizing that photos can also be art).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This photo of my wife, which I took somewhere on the road to Samos in April, 2013, remains my favourite Camino photo. It very much reminds me of Bilbo's walking song, "the road goes ever on and on..."Misty.jpg

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Mind you...the painting was in my head on the Camino, but was done once home. I never seem to be able to find room for paper/paints/brushes in my pack, and by the time I end up somewhere in the afternoon, have showered, washed clothes and found sustenance...the last thing I want to do is paint. I’d much rather get my head around what the next day offers and chat with with pilgrims. I so enjoy this forum!

Mind you...the painting was in my head on the Camino, but was done once home. I never seem to be able to find room for paper/paints/brushes in my pack, and by the time I end up somewhere in the afternoon, have showered, washed clothes and found sustenance...the last thing I want to do is paint. I’d much rather get my head around what the next day offers and chat with with pilgrims. I so enjoy this forum!
Lovely paintings, and I did wonder where you would find the time to create something of such detail between camino chores..

Here are some sketches from my Camino Portugues May 2019. Most of my sketches were done in the afternoon as I was exploring the town I was in. Occasionally I would do a sketch while walking, stopping for a particular picturesque scene. I would then take a photo and then water color in the evening. The last photo is of my sketch kit. After the journey I was regretting not sketching more. But I would have needed another sketch book or a larger one as I was rationing pages at the end of my trip. Back home I made copies of the sketches and incorporated them into the scrap book I made that included my photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2092 (1).JPG
    IMG_2092 (1).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2095 (1).JPG
    IMG_2095 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2098 (2).JPG
    IMG_2098 (2).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_E2068.JPG
    IMG_E2068.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_E2086 (1).JPG
    IMG_E2086 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_E2089 (1).JPG
    IMG_E2089 (1).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_E2067.JPG
    IMG_E2067.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
If I painted the pictures in my head they would challenge Salvador Dali for surrealism.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here are some sketches from my Camino Portugues May 2019. Most of my sketches were done in the afternoon as I was exploring the town I was in. Occasionally I would do a sketch while walking, stopping for a particular picturesque scene. I would then take a photo and then water color in the evening. The last photo is of my sketch kit. After the journey I was regretting not sketching more. But I would have needed another sketch book or a larger one as I was rationing pages at the end of my trip. Back home I made copies of the sketches and incorporated them into the scrap book I made that included my photos.
Very clever MorningWaters! Love the book you used. All so colorful and playful.

Very good! Beyond my talents. Btw lavandaria is lavender, lavederia you mean
According to Google Translate, lavandería, lavadero and lavederia all mean 'laundry'. None of these words was in the Spanish-English section of my small dictionary and only 'lavadero' was given for 'laundry' in the English-Spanish section. GT didn't seem to mind whether I entered 'lavedería' or 'lavederia', but when I entered 'lavanderia' I was asked if I meant 'lavandería'.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back