• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Proper Bag Transfer Etiquette

Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
What if I hired a bag-transfer outfit to drop off my mochilla at someplace where I do not intend to stay the night?!? I'm not at all sure how I feel about strolling into Albergue/Hostal X, grabbing my bag, and then just wandering on.... Never done anything like that, before. Guidance sought.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Tell ya why I ask...

It looks like I'm going to have to trim the second half of my planned Mansilla-SdeC walk in September.... So right now I'm thinking of walking up from Villafranca del Bierzo to O Cebreiro and using a bag transport outfit to take the strain off my aging back.... But -- not then staying the night in O Cebreiro! Instead, picking up my bag somewhere in O Cebreiro and hiking off-Camino downhill to Piedrafita, where I can catch a late afternoon ALSA bus on to SdeC....

I wonder if the famous horse guy can tote a mochilla up the hill from Las Herrerias, and just dump it inside the church....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Tell ya why I ask...

It looks like I'm going to have to trim the second half of my planned Leon-SdeC walk in September.... So right now I'm thinking of walking up from Villafranca del Bierzo to O Cebreiro and using a bag transport outfit to take the strain off my aging back.... But -- not then staying the night in O Cebreiro! Instead, picking up my bag somewhere in O Cebreiro and hiking downhill to Piedrafita, where I can catch a late afternoon ALSA bus on to SdeC....

I wonder if the famous horse guy can tote a mochilla up the hill from Las Herrerias, and just dump it inside the church....
I'm pretty sure that the bag transport companies have arrangements with local businesses to take charge of mochilas (one n, not two 😉) for those staying in public albergues. You would have to ask the company that you plan to use.

What if I hired a bag-transfer outfit to drop off my mochilla at someplace where I do not intend to stay the night?!? I'm not at all sure how I feel about strolling into Albergue/Hostal X, grabbing my bag, and then just wandering on.... Never done anything like that, before. Guidance sought.

Local cafes are a better bet, just google the name of one and they will leave your bag there for you.

On the Correos site they mention that they have partnerships with businesses in Galicia to hold backpacks for those staying in the Xunta albergues.

The Xunta's public hostels do not allow the collection or delivery of rucksacks. However, you can do so at one of our partner establishments. You can find an alternative delivery / collection place or contact us at paqmochila@correos.com.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Tell ya why I ask...

It looks like I'm going to have to trim the second half of my planned Mansilla-SdeC walk in September.... So right now I'm thinking of walking up from Villafranca del Bierzo to O Cebreiro and using a bag transport outfit to take the strain off my aging back.... But -- not then staying the night in O Cebreiro! Instead, picking up my bag somewhere in O Cebreiro and hiking off-Camino downhill to Piedrafita, where I can catch a late afternoon ALSA bus on to SdeC....

May be you have a reason not to but, since you're going straight through to SdC would it not be possible to get the bag transferred straight there?

May be you have a reason not to but, since you're going straight through to SdC would it not be possible to get the bag transferred straight there?
I honestly didn't suppose that bag transfer firms would do a transfer as lengthy as Villafranca to SdeC! I'll look and see.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Try the Spanish post office service. Here is their English link. You can send them a querry. They reply quickly.
Good luck and Buen Camino

https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/
It looks as though Correos can do the job! Which will certainly simplify things for me. Muchisimas gracias!

(Ain't the Forum great?!)

It looks as though Correos can do the job! Which will certainly simplify things for me. Muchisimas gracias!

(Ain't the Forum great?!)
Glad to learn that the Correos can help! Let's hope that the next months are safer for everyone to travel where/when they wish.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Tell ya why I ask...

I shipped my bag up to O'Cebreiro. When I checked into the municipal (xunta) albergue. I was told that they do not accept bag deliveries and that my bag would be in one of the restaurants later in the day. Turned out that my bag was in the restaurant closest to the municipal albergue and had been there for several hours. All of the bags were in a pile in the center of the restaurant and that seemed ok with everyone at the restaurant. So, my recommendation is to ship you bag to the municipal albergue. It only takes 5 minutes to check every restaurant in town. I used a private shipper; Correos might be more business like and actually tell you where your bag will be.

I would think that with Correos it would arrive at the destination you addressed it to, which includes their own post office branches. Ivar also offers space, I believe.
Having read of many people in the forum making use of that service posting stuff ahead it looks like, well at least along the Francés, they are used to dealing with this type of request

Tell ya why I ask...

Why not ride a horse up with the famous horse guy (Victor at Al Paso)-- It's a nice easy uphill ride at a walk. He does have someone drive people's stuff up upon request. Here is his email. v.vigaray@gmail.com

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What Correos Told me:

"Hi, good morning! You can send the backpack [from Villafranca or Las Herrerias directly to SdeC] but not as a PAQ Mochila. You would have to send it as a PAQ Peregrino and you would have to process it from the post office. You have more information in https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/transfer-luggage . "

When I Did my first two Caminos it was never heard that you didn't carry your own Moncilla. people actually rebuked you, now all is different ad even have done it once.

When I Did my first two Caminos it was never heard that you didn't carry your own Moncilla. people actually rebuked you, now all is different ad even have done it once.
When I did my first Camino in 1977 I didn't know that people were actually still doing it on foot! And very few were! ... I did it by train. By foot is better! Pax.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What Correos Told me:

"Hi, good morning! You can send the backpack [from Villafranca or Las Herrerias directly to SdeC] but not as a PAQ Mochila. You would have to send it as a PAQ Peregrino and you would have to process it from the post office. You have more information in https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/transfer-luggage . "
Remember that the post office may be closed when you get to SdC, maybe for a few days. You might want it sent to Ivar at extra cost (storage and posting).

Also, I had to deal with correos a few times on my CF. The service was good but I had to speak Spanish each time. They were good about my bad Spanish too.

I think it's OK. I had my mochilla dropped off at Orbigo, arrived to collect it and decided on the spur of the moment to walk on to the next village. There was no one around when I walked into to the bar, which made me think i was lucky it was still there, picked it up and walked on.
I think Albergues accept it as par for the course. As we know, a bag delivered does NOT constitute a ved reservation.

Tell ya why I ask...

Why not just pay a big tip to the hotel for accepting delivery of your bag?

I honestly didn't suppose that bag transfer firms would do a transfer as lengthy as Villafranca to SdeC! I'll look and see.
In 2018 I had my suitcase (I had been visiting family in the UK) transferred from Pamplona to Santiago using Jacotrans. It was left at the place we were going to be staying 3 weeks later. Not exactly cheap but better than trying to move it on a daily basis.

I have another take on bag delivery ,some years back i was checking into the albergue in fromista and noticed a pack sitting by the door as i sat with the hospitero . Well checked in and after a rest and shower walker back thru reception going out and a French guy was raising a fuss . It seems he had his bag sent there and when he arrived there his pack was missing . The reception person did not remember the red pack being delivered ,but knew nothing about it . The delivery company just drops the pack inside the reception and goes on .the bag service accepted no responsubility AND the Albergue either . The rather overly put out pilgrim called the police and they made a report . He claims the pack contained all his money and passport and credit cards. I would never part with those things . They asked the pilgrims staying there if we saw the red pack and also anyone hanging around . I said i did see a pack but didn't pay much attention to it . The albergue granted him free overnights and it seems tried to supply him with gear from their abandoned stock . He got a pack & sleeping bag and some clothes . It was a real mess. Bottom line there is some possible security issues when somebody carries your pack . I have had someone carry my pack twice in a dozen caminos ,but only cause i was injured . Think about it

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
He claims the pack contained all his money and passport and credit cards

have had someone carry my pack twice in a dozen caminos ,but only cause i was injured . Think about it

Well, obviously one should always carry their valuables with them at all times!

The post office may be able to send your bags. I thought I saw an ad for that service. Or we sometimes used a taxi for our bags but we had a lot of people.
To answer the question though I wouldn't send a bag to a albergue and not stay they. They would assume they had your business for the night and your not staying may impact on them

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bottom line there is some possible security issues when somebody carries your pack
When I walked I used a pack transfer company a few times, I have a degenerative back condition and sometimes the pain got too much. On one occasion I found my pack had been obviously opened and searched. Luckily I carried all my valuables with me

Just ask the transfer service. There is a phone number on the envelops. When ever I used a service: 1 fill out the envelop. 2 call the service just to make sure. 3. Take a picture of the completed envelop and your bag. Number three is important. As the day goes on I couldn't remember where I was staying. The names are similar and as you talk to fellow pilgrims I would mix up where I was staying with where they were staying.

What Correos Told me:

I posted a bag from Sarria to SdC and picked it up at the Post Office close to the Cathedral. I don't speak Spanish but had no trouble communicating as I had kept my original receipt.

I got there quite late on a Friday (or possibly Saturday) and they were going to be closed the next day. Initially they said that I was too late to get it that day but I put on my Pilgrim puppy dog eyes 🥾🐶 and they relented and asked me to come back later so that they had time to find it as they had a queue waiting.

I came back at closing time and my bag was waiting for me.

Well, obviously one should always carry their valuables with them at all times!
Agreed! I believe these services operate on the Spanish equivalent to the principle of “all care and no responsibility”....

I have had a few experiences thus:
One when I did not anticipate walking far that day, but found that I felt fine and would like to walk further. I retrieved my bag from the place I had nominated and walked on.
Another when I arrived at an albergue but found that it was not the one nominated for bag delivery. The quick-thinking owner told me that he would send for my bag and I could stay at his establishment.
And another when I found that I did not like the the look of the Albergue where my bag had been sent. I had to wait until they were open at 2pm, retrieved my bag and booked in elsewhere.
No complaints from anyone.

Your question is probably one that others will be interested in. Last time I walked, from Ferrol to Santiago in 2019, I did two new things. I booked each night, and I sent on my bag also. It was on the last day, in the last albergue we stayed in before Santiago, that I noticed pilgrims coming from other albergues to pick up their bags, delivered to my albergue by Correos. It seemed to be a normal event, no problem at all for the albergue, nor for the pilgrims. Correos has a very well organised, and also reasonably priced service. The message is that you can sleep in a Xunta albergue, but send your bags to a Correos pickup/set down point in a named private albergue/café.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Kelley, did you actually ride up? I stayed in Las Herrerias and anticipating the next days walk and saw the sign advertising the horse ride I was so tempted!
Does anyone know how Victor and his horses are doing. Has he managed to keep them. I remember that last year he was really worried as he wasn’t making any income from them.

Kelley, did you actually ride up? I stayed in Las Herrerias and anticipating the next days walk and saw the sign advertising the horse ride I was so tempted!
Yes, it was our first camino in 2015. We kept seeing those signs saying you need a horse, and I thought "Damn straight, necesito un caballo." My shoes were too small, I had blisters and had been dreaming about my horse at home. Victor was just opening up for Spring (it was right before Easter), and my son and I helped groom the horses while we waited a Spanish family, friends of Victor's. (The horses were shedding their winter coat and were pretty shaggy looking!) All that was volunteer, it made us feel at home. :) We used Victor's pack transfer service, because I honestly couldn't imagine riding up wearing a pack; I am used to being balanced on a horse. So we sent up our stuff in a car. The ride up was uneventful, and my feet were glad of the break. The horses are well trained and just kept a steady walk. Victor trotted along side of the horses on his own two feet.-- Happily, the car bringing our stuff up missed our walking sticks and had to make another trip. While we waiting, the Spanish family invited us to share tapas with them, my 13 yo son got to meet some kids his own age, and we had a wonderful afternoon.

Last edited:
Tell ya why I ask...

You may be able to use the post office Paq Mochila system to pick up your pack and leave it at a local post office.
The link below illustrates how to arrange a pickup.

I have not used this system but I have used the Correos Post Restante system to post ahead unwanted items that I needed post Camino to the Correos Post office in SdC

I was interested in riding the horses up too but remembered seeing horse riding was on the exclusions list (along with motor bikes etc) of my travel insurance so gave it a miss - just something worth checking? Chances of a fall is probably minimal but you never know when a horse may startle at something unexpected.

Dont use the service myself cause I reckon if I brought it, then I carry it. However, I had some friends who sent their bags on to Pamplona and the bags were left in the lockers at Jesus y Maria albergue. They had asked for them to be sent to their hotel but the carrier left them in the albergue. The hospitaleros had no problem with the bags being left there. on another occasion, I saw pilgrims having their bags delivered to the hotel in Rabanal because Gaucelmo does not accept bag transfers and do not admit pilgrims who do it. The hotel knows what is going on but do not seem to complain about it. It really is down to your own conscience. As I said, I dont transfer my pack as in all conscience, I feel like I would be cheating those pilgrims who carry their own.

I was interested in riding the horses up too but remembered seeing horse riding was on the exclusions list (along with motor bikes etc) of my travel insurance so gave it a miss - just something worth checking? Chances of a fall is probably minimal but you never know when a horse may startle at something unexpected.
It's more likely that a car will hit you on the road at dusk. Some horses startle easily-- these horses go up and down the hill day after day. They know their jobs and have seen pretty much everything.

Dont use the service myself cause I reckon if I brought it, then I carry it. However, I had some friends who sent their bags on to Pamplona and the bags were left in the lockers at Jesus y Maria albergue. They had asked for them to be sent to their hotel but the carrier left them in the albergue. The hospitaleros had no problem with the bags being left there. on another occasion, I saw pilgrims having their bags delivered to the hotel in Rabanal because Gaucelmo does not accept bag transfers and do not admit pilgrims who do it. The hotel knows what is going on but do not seem to complain about it. It really is down to your own conscience. As I said, I dont transfer my pack as in all conscience, I feel like I would be cheating those pilgrims who carry their own.
At 81 years of age I don’t feel at all guilty having my basic bag transferred so that all I need is a small day pack.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It's more likely that a car will hit you on the road at dusk. Some horses startle easily-- these horses go up and down the hill day after day. They know their jobs and have seen pretty much everything.
I totally agree with you! I just wanted to point out that some travel insurance policies may not cover horse riding unless added as an extra, therefore if someone (in the very unlikely event) should unfortunately take a fall and injure themselves they may not be covered by their inusrance. Hopefully being hit by a car at dusk would be covered by most insurance policies tho😊

Wouldn't necessarily be a problem. A lot of companies have just one place in each town to drop off backpacks, and that is quite often a café rather than an albergue or hostal. The establishment doesn't have to accept backpacks if they don't want to and I would guess are paid anyway for the service. So relax, just do it and see what happens.

We met a pilgrim who was having his backpack transferred. He was younger, and apparently fitter and stronger than us. We later got chatting to him and his partner, who patiently explained that the backpack contained his medication.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I totally agree with you! I just wanted to point out that some travel insurance policies may not cover horse riding unless added as an extra, therefore if someone (in the very unlikely event) should unfortunately take a fall and injure themselves they may not be covered by their inusrance. Hopefully being hit by a car at dusk would be covered by most insurance policies tho😊
What about the horse?

When I walked I used a pack transfer company a few times, I have a degenerative back condition and sometimes the pain got too much. On one occasion I found my pack had been obviously opened and searched. Luckily I carried all my valuables with me.

I have the same issue with my back, and although I’m going t try to carry the pack as much as possible, I know there will be times when I wil want to send the pack ahead. In those times, I will want a small day pack for essentials, e.g. water, jack, first aid kit, etc. What did you use fo a day pack?

In the tradition of the camino i may choose to have my few belongings carried on the back of a modern donkey (a van), as many did in the middle ages. Of course I could go the whole hog and get someone else to walk the camino for me, as some did.

There is little to prove on pilgrimage by carrying your own luggage, there is no 'correct' way, its what you carry in your soul that counts. Being self righteous about carrying a backpack and comparing your feats to those of your fellow Pilgrim is hardly soul purifying.

Of course if you're on the camino for the walk, the views, the cheap wine and accommodation then how you spend your holiday is also totally unscripted, not many ways to cheat yourself that way either.

The Spanish Post Office is a well proven and safe method of carriage for both Pilgrim and walker.

I have the same issue with my back, and although I’m going t try to carry the pack as much as possible, I know there will be times when I wil want to send the pack ahead. In those times, I will want a small day pack for essentials, e.g. water, jack, first aid kit, etc. What did you use fo a day pack?
I kept what was needed on a day's walk. The rest went in the rucksack, along with some things from my companions backpack. that helped both to have an easier walk. I have no compunction about having done that.
What follows is not essential in my reply, but I just feel like adding it! I do not mind at all how anyone else views the ethical or moral part of what it is to be a pilgrim. We are here, and now. No comparison with before.
I have no idea how I will approach the next camino, but I guess it will be a carry with me journey! It depends totally on the availability of accommodation. On the Ingles, I guessed, correctly, that I would be sleeping in the open air if I did not book each night. Young people can gallop ahead and beat all comers in the queue! Let them!
So would I... but not now.
Returning to the question: carry your important documents and money/cards, your water, change of socks, nourishment in terms of fruit, nuts, biscuits...

We met a pilgrim who was having his backpack transferred. He was younger, and apparently fitter and stronger than us. We later got chatting to him and his partner, who patiently explained that the backpack contained his medication.
Wow, he was trusting. I never let my medication out of my control. Even going out for dinner, I have a day pack to carry my meds in. Suffer with type 2 diabetes and terrified of losing the pills.

At 81 years of age I don’t feel at all guilty having my basic bag transferred so that all I need is a small day pack.
Not quite as old, 72, but I just feel guilty, especially when I see older than me carrying packs. Did it once between los arcos and Vianna and I just felt bad especially seeing a lady who seemed older than me carrying a pack that looked heavier than the one I had sent ahead. I am just uncomfortable about doing it. But it is at the end of the day up to everyone's own opinion. I just don't feel happy doing it

Oh in Spring 2002, even thinking taxi-backpack meant a frown of great judgment was visited upon one: "This is not the pilgrim Way! Your Camino will not count unless you walk every inch and suffer!"

I did not walk every inch, I had one taxi transfer, I received my ComposteIa, I swore I would never, ever do this again ... I eturned in 2012 and 2019 and opted several times for taxi backpack.

However, I am committing to an Autumn 2021 (we shall see!) and to a scrupulous review of every ounce I pack. I am opting for Gossamer Gear as Osprey has, for me, left the building. The actual act of carrying one's carefully considered needful possessions for a well marked, well provisioned pilgrimage of several hundred miles across France/Spain/Portugal -- without the need for cooking utensils, without having to pitch a tent in the woods, wihtout having to start a fire in the rain to cook a meal, without the weight of a bear canister, and, depending on your choice of Way, to-die-for delicious hot coffee every couple of hours -- is not a big ask.

I at 76 and in this moment, my intention is to carry it all with me, neither as an act of penance nor one of suffering. I am choosing a thoughtful awareness of my need based on three previous Caminos, the diligent preparation of fitness to carry my pack some hundreds of miles and the gratitude that it and all within it serve me perfectly.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Then you can repay the bar/cafe by buying a refreshment there. Or, as someone else suggested, use Correos if they have an office in O Cebreiro.
As I mentioned upthread, you don't need to consider if there is a Correos office as they partner with local businesses.

On the Correos site they mention that they have partnerships with businesses in Galicia to hold backpacks for those staying in the Xunta albergues.

The Xunta's public hostels do not allow the collection or delivery of rucksacks. However, you can do so at one of our partner establishments. You can find an alternative delivery / collection place or contact us at paqmochila@correos.com.

You might want to consider using a lightweight duffel bag to send your heavier items ahead, and take what you need for the day in a that a well fitted backpack with good suspension.

I haven't done it myself, but I did purchase this ultralight duffel bag - only 2.8 ounces/80 grams

I just feel guilty, especially when I see older than me carrying packs. Did it once between los arcos and Vianna and I just felt bad especially seeing a lady who seemed older than me carrying a pack that looked heavier than the one I had sent ahead.
Carrying your own heavy backpack does not relieve the other person of their load, so feeling "guilty" doesn't make sense!:)

I prefer to carry my own pack all the way, for the sense of freedom - having everything I need with me. I confess to a bit of pride about it, but would quickly abandon my pride if I weren't able to do it comfortably.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wow, he was trusting. I never let my medication out of my control. Even going out for dinner, I have a day pack to carry my meds in. Suffer with type 2 diabetes and terrified of losing the pills.
Maybe it was the other way round. At any rate, I remember feeling about 2 inches tall when I found out his story. It just goes to show you have to be really careful about the judgments you make.

Carrying your own heavy backpack does not relieve the other person of their load, so feeling "guilty" doesn't make sense!:)

I prefer to carry my own pack all the way, for the sense of freedom - having everything I need with me. I confess to a bit of pride about it, but would quickly abandon my pride if I weren't able to do it comfortably.
Not exactly heavy. Keep my weight to about 8 kg max. Agree about freedom which is why I also never book albergues in advance. Started out one morning from Mañeru and only got as far as Lorca. Stopped at Albergue bar for a drink and bite to eat. Got chatting with owners and on a whim decided, I like it here, booked in and had a lovely relaxing day. Had I sent pack ahead i would have had to walk on and had i booked would have had to phone up to cancel. However, no matter what, I still had a feeling of guilt the one time I did send my pack on. Its hard to explain, it just didn't sit well with me

Started out one morning from Mañeru and only got as far as Lorca. Stopped at Albergue bar for a drink and bite to eat. Got chatting with owners and on a whim decided, I like it here, booked in and had a lovely relaxing day. Had I sent pack ahead i would have had to walk on and had i booked would have had to phone up to cancel.
One year my friend and I stayed at Casa Mágica in Villatuerta. As we were relaxing in the pool in the courtyard on a hot July day a woman that we had met the night before in Puente la Reina walked by and saw us. She was rather envious of our surroundings, and would have probably stayed there had she not sent her pack ahead to an albergue in Estella.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I still had a feeling of guilt the one time I did send my pack on. Its hard to explain, it just didn't sit well with me
I understand. For example, I have set myself a target of walking at least 50 km/week at home, and have faithfully done it for 4 months now. If I walked 60 km one week and then only 49 km the following week, I would feel disappointed in myself. Makes no sense other than pride in my accomplishment of an arbitrary goal. But that is not necessarily a bad thing when applied to life in a sensible way.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back