• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Camino Wandering [Paid] 2021-04-05

No permission to buy ($4.99)

Tara Marlow

Author
Time of past OR future Camino
2018 (solo), 2019 (with my husband).
Tara Marlow submitted a new resource:

Camino Wandering - A tale about the power of friendship.

Aubrey is struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered life when her son convinces her that walking 500 miles across Spain via the Camino Frances would be good for her.

When she befriends Pam and Georgina, she meets kindred spirits. Each carry their burdens close to their hearts, trying to find where they fit “in the real world.”

Overcoming blisters, aching joints, and the uncertainty of life, the trio walk together on a path of trust and forgiveness. But as they shed the miles, and...

Read more about this resource...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Hello,

Hello Tara,
7 years before I actually travelled from Australia to commence the Camino I was visiting Santiago De Compostela with my mother after my father had died. I knew nothing about the Camino however as we stayed in the main square I was fascinated watching hundreds of people coming from all directions with backpacks kneeling & "'kissing the ground" '. I decided to go closer & asked a couple of people what all this is about & they directed me to the information office. As I turned to leave within my heart I heard the words you will be doing this. Yes, 7 yrs later, Sept 1/2018 I had arrived in SJPDP with a work friend. We both had no real plans or goals set, the only thought I had was I just want to "Stop Doing & Just Be". We both did research & reading especially John Brierley's Pilgrim guide to the Camino de Santiago. We both recognised our walk speeds were different, & throughout our readings, we were reminded to follow our own journey.
Anna & I did end up walking our own journeys & were in contact with each other regularly. We often met up & slept at the same places but not always. My real journey began when I was on my own and I experienced 5 life-changing events. Yes, I experienced what it is to just BE. I also gained 6 very special friends from all over the world, we zoom & are in contact with each other regularly. I also met a kindred spirit who lives in British Columbia and we carry each other's joys & burdens. WE are pilgrim sisters our connection is like no other relationship I have ever experienced.
I had a trip planned to British Columbia, Aug2021, this however will now be 23/24.
I also know I will be heading back to do another Camino sometime in the future.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello,

Hello Tara,
7 years before I actually travelled from Australia to commence the Camino I was visiting Santiago De Compostela with my mother after my father had died. I knew nothing about the Camino however as we stayed in the main square I was fascinated watching hundreds of people coming from all directions with backpacks kneeling & "'kissing the ground" '. I decided to go closer & asked a couple of people what all this is about & they directed me to the information office. As I turned to leave within my heart I heard the words you will be doing this. Yes, 7 yrs later, Sept 1/2018 I had arrived in SJPDP with a work friend. We both had no real plans or goals set, the only thought I had was I just want to "Stop Doing & Just Be". We both did research & reading especially John Brierley's Pilgrim guide to the Camino de Santiago. We both recognised our walk speeds were different, & throughout our readings, we were reminded to follow our own journey.
Anna & I did end up walking our own journeys & were in contact with each other regularly. We often met up & slept at the same places but not always. My real journey began when I was on my own and I experienced 5 life-changing events. Yes, I experienced what it is to just BE. I also gained 6 very special friends from all over the world, we zoom & are in contact with each other regularly. I also met a kindred spirit who lives in British Columbia and we carry each other's joys & burdens. WE are pilgrim sisters our connection is like no other relationship I have ever experienced.
I had a trip planned to British Columbia, Aug2021, this however will now be 23/24.
I also know I will be heading back to do another Camino sometime in the future.
Hi Kerry,

That's an incredible story. I believe the Camino does call to us. (And keep calling to us, even once we've walked it!)

I heard about the Camino about ten years ago from a woman's blog. I was then working in a corporate environment, in a job I liked but didn't particularly love. Something about her posts spoke to me. I've since gone back to re-read them and, to be honest, there was nothing compelling in them. Obviously though, there was something that made me me think: 'what's that about?'. I've since walked the Camino twice - once in 2018 solo and again in 2019 with my husband - and it keeps calling me back.

I wrote Camino Wandering not as a memoir but as fiction because, well, I'm a fiction writer. And I felt there was a more powerful story to tell than mine. Once I'd written the book, it was not one story, but three - the main characters.

I am like you, I will return to walk another Camino. While I have walked twice, I feel as if I have experienced it three times, in writing the book. If you'd like to reconnect to your moments, I encourage you to read my novel, because it will return you to those walking moments for sure.

Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back