• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Get QR code to enter Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbe2

Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2023 walked all or part of CF 11 times
Use this Website to obtain QR code

To protect your health, the Government of Spain has implemented a series of measures to protect the general public’s health, including health control of passengers upon arrival in Spain. From this website you can fill out the health control form and obtain your QR Code, to show it at the control points upon arrival in Spain.
I haven’t done it yet...but wanted to share the info!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
That doesn't look like an official website to me

So far as I'm aware https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/home.htm is the gov website

But hey, I'm just a paranoid anarcho-pagan and I know they're out to get me o_O
@Marbe2's link looks to be part of the larger Spanish government site.
If you search on https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/home.htm for "stph" you will find this:

13 MSSSI results for spth

[Order by relevance] [Order by date]
  1. [Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare - Professionals - Hygienic-sanitary controls in means of international transport and facilities of international ports and airports]
    https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/sanidadExterior/ ControlHS.htm
    : //www.spth.gob.es/ or through the free application SPAIN TRAVEL HEALTH- SpTH (available for Android, iOS). When the traveler uses the sea route, while the computer system for this route is enabled, or when in exceptional cases it has not been possible to complete the Health Control Form electronically, he must present the form upon arrival in Spain on paper, in a format DIN A4, completed on both sides as shown for download. As part of the documentary control that

Thanks guys. Like I said I’m paranoid. I don’t like websites that require information I’m not prepared to share. Then again I’m not intending to travel to Spain until most of this guff is just guff
As a computer engineer, I share your caution. Good boy.

To protect your health, the Government of Spain has implemented a series of measures to protect the general public’s health, including health control of passengers upon arrival in Spain. From this website you can fill out the health control form and obtain your QR Code, to show it at the control points upon arrival in Spain.

When I flew back to Spain this past summer, this was the correct website to use. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just to avoid potential confusion: This Spain Travel Health system has been in place since last year. The QR code that you will get under this system - you will get it only 2 days before your departure date, btw. When you have filled out the first form you get an email with a link to a second form that you need to fill out closer to departure date - is not the QR code that you may get eventually in the context of the planned "proof of vaccination/negative PCR test/I had already Covid-19" EU digital pass system ... that will be a different QR code. 😎

I
Just to avoid potential confusion: This Spain Travel Health system has been in place since last year. The QR code that you will get under this system - you will get it only 2 days before your departure date, btw. When you have filled out the first form you get an email with a link to a second form that you need to fill out closer to departure date - is not the QR code that you may get eventually in the context of the planned "proof of vaccination/negative PCR test/I had already Covid-19" EU digital pass system ... that will be a different QR code. 😎
Indeed. I am waiting for the proper EU vaccine passport system.

Oh good. It’s no wonder I’m not confused 😉
I have a friend who has a bar-code tattooed on the back of his neck. He claims that if scanned the code reads “I am not a number”. He has often claimed that nothing is true and later found to have lied.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

THE EU digital pass system?? ....as I understand it ...THE EU digital pass likely may not pertain to non- EU members this year...leaving conditions of entry up to the individual country. Last week, the European Commission said countries should open their borders to vaccinated non-EU travelers, although it accepted that each individual member state would decide what works best for them.
So while you EU folks may be looking for another QR code...us Non EU folks may only need the one for Spain. If I am wrong,please correct this assumption.

Last edited:
@Marbe2 sadly I think you are assuming to much, love, Eeyore 😪
I don’t think so @Tincatinker. See

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Agreements between EU nations remain elusive, but countries, barring a new variant outbreak will open using their own criteria....Greece in 5 days...

Last edited:
I think it is fruitless to speculate: The EU is working on an internal solution (first), and we just have to wait it out. I believe the rest of the world will unify on such a passport/certificate, in due time, synchronised with the EU.

I will, once more, remind you of the story of the little sparrow who forgot to fly south in the autumn:

One day it started to snow, and he realized he had forgotten to fly south. So he started to fly, but as he ascended, ice started to form on his wings, and he fell to the ground, in a farmers field, shivering with cold.

The farmer was out with his horse, plowing the field, and a as they passed the sparrow, the horse left a solid dropping on top of him. The sparrow became warm and comfortable again, but after a while, he thought it was too bad lying in a pile of sh*t, so he started to make squeeking noises in order to be saved.

The cat on the farm heard him, picked him up, and cleaned him thoroughly. Then the cat ate the sparrow.

The moral of this story is:

1) He who sh*ts on you, is not neccessarily your enemy.

2) He who gets you out of the sh*t is not neccessarily your friend.

3) If you are warm and happy in a pile of sh*t, keep your mouth shut.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think it is fruitless to speculate: The EU is working on an internal solution (first), and we just have to wait it out. I believe the rest of the world will unify on such a passport/certificate, in due time, synchronised with the EU.

I will, once more, remind you of the story of the little sparrow who forgot to fly south in the autumn:

One day it started to snow, and he realized he had forgotten to fly south. So he started to fly, but as he ascended, ice started to form on his wings, and he fell to the ground, in a farmers field, shivering with cold.

The farmer was out with his horse, plowing the field, and a as they passed the sparrow, the horse left a solid dropping on top of him. The sparrow became warm and comfortable again, but after a while, he thought it was too bad lying in a pile of sh*t, so he started to make squeeking noises in order to be saved.

The cat on the farm heard him, picked him up, and cleaned him thoroughly. Then the cat ate the sparrow.

The moral of this story is:

1) He who sh*ts on you, is not neccessarily your enemy.

2) He who gets you out of the sh*t is not neccessarily your friend.

3) If you are warm and happy in a pile of sh*t, keep your mouth shut.
Greece is opening up May 15..not waiting for EU Green certificate...
That is fact, not speculation. Those who need to wait for EU passport..by all means wait for it!

Greece is opening up May 15..not waiting for EU Green certificate...
That is fact, not speculation. Those who need to wait for EU passport..by all means wait for it!
I know. But me, not having a conformed vaccine passport, even if vaccinated, will have to take a 10-day quarantine hotel at my own cost, even if I am vaccinated, when returning to Norway, bc of no formal arrangements. Will not happen/will not pay for that. I am waiting, keeping my mouth shut :)

Greece, as well as Spain/Italy, is desperate for tourist income. I will wait until it is all settled with proper rules for traveling. We have to be sober on these issues.

I know. But me, not having a conformed vaccine passport, will have to take a 10-day quarantine hotel at my own cost, even if I am vaccinated, when returning to Norway, bc of no formal arrangements. Will not happen/will not pay for that. I am waiting, keeping my mouth shut :)
Alexwalker...I understand your circumstances☹️

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Alexwalker...I understand your circumstances☹️
Believe me: My better half is crazy about Greece (me too), so we are just watching carefully how soon we can go there. The food and people are fantastic. We have friends there. 1 month there as soon as possible, for sure. But as said, we wait until all is sorted out properly. For now, desperation for tourists rule in Southern Europe, due to lack of income. I find it unrealistic to go when not much is secure.

After that, a 2-month Camino is waiting for me...

Since last year, everybody who flies to Spain has to fill out this Spain Travel Health form, either online and then you get a QR code to show at the airport, or in paper form to show at the airport. You need to do this, whether you fly to Spain from an airport in EU+ or non-EU. The paper form is published in the BOE, see here, it's identical with the online form.

You enter your personal details, your flight details, where you will be staying in Spain and whether it's a permanent address during your stay, and then you answer 4 questions: Did you have contact with a person with confirmed Covid-19 in the last 14 days? Do you have fever or respiratory problems or do you have a cough? Did you attend/visit a hospital during the last 14 days? Do you have a certificate for a negative PCR test result done 72 h before your arrival in Spain?

Finally, you have to indicate the country where you started your trip; all the countries that you have travelled to or transited during the last 14 days before your flight departure; and you have to indicate the purpose of your visit to Spain: tourism, work, family visit, special mission, cooperation, other.

That's it. It's nothing new.

Last edited:
When I flew back to Spain this past summer, this was the correct website to use. :)
I know things are likely to change once tourists are again allowed in, but now you’ve piqued my curiosity.

I wonder how you got a PCR test result that met the website’s requirements. The testing sites in my area do not issue a document, it’s an online result, much less a document with passport or ID number on it (not sure what ID number the document is referring to) - so I’m wondering how you threaded that needle last summer.

This certificate or supporting document must be the original, will be written in Spanish and / or English, French or German and may be presented in paper or electronic format. The document will contain, at least, the following information: traveler's name, passport or ID number, date of the test, identification and contact details of the center that performs the analysis, technique used and negative test result.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Oh my goodness !! What a drama if you’re coming from the wrong places !!
Same here. I'll let everyone else get the kinks worked out and report back. 😄
I guess I should be thankful we from Oz and many other countries like us - cannot leave our shores. We don’t have to stress over this.
(At least for a while ).

all those ‘kinks’ should be smoothed out by the time we get there ...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We don’t have to stress over this.
No need to stress. Neither the current Spanish Travel Health QR code nor the future EU digital pass QR code are an “Open Sesame” code to gain entry into Spain. They facilitate mass travel, in particularly through airports.

The Spth QR code simply confirms to Spanish border control that you have provided the Spanish government’s databases with the data they require from you.

The EU QR code (exact name is still being negotiated) will be optional anyway. At least that‘s what they keep telling us. They have a saying in Brussels: “Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed“. According to the latest grapevine, the EU gateway system to link national vaccination databases will be in place and running by 21 June. Where the individual EU countries will be by that time is anyone's guess. Some are more apt than others at getting their act together - legally, technically, organisation wise.

Last edited:
Dear all,

I got this message from a US citizen that entered Spain last week. He was not entering on a tourist visa, he was entering on a residency visa, so it was ok for him to enter now. His experience was as follow (I copy/past his message with his approval):

1. You MUST have a paper certificate of a negative result from a PCR Covid that is no more than 72 hours old at the hour when you enter a Spanish airport.
  2. You must have a paper certificate (not just a digital one). And the certificate needs to be in the same name as your US Passport and have your US Passport number written on it. (My PCR result did not have my US Passport number written on it. However, I was able to take the certificate to my general physician in the US - and she wrote my Passport number on the certificate, signed it with her name and credentials and dated her signature. This seemed to suffice at the Madrid airport.)
  3. Your Covid test must be a PCR test. This is NOT what is called a rapid test in the US. Getting a PCR test result back within 24 hours in the US is tricky. Remember you only have 72 hours to arrive in Spain from the hour the test is administered (not the hour you receive results.) My results came back later than my initial flight to Madrid, so I had to cancel that day's flight about an hour before my flight, wait for my results and then re-book. I was fortunate to receive my results in 25 hours. This allowed me to rebook for the next day. Because of the flying time to Spain, if my results had not come back within 36 hours of being administered - I would have had to start over, have another PCR rest and hope to get the results in about 24 hours. Arriving in Madrid - I learned that in Spain you can get PCR results the same day. In the US - PCR results usually are returned in 36-48 hours. I was lucky to find a service that returned results in about 24 hours. This 72 hour time limit is a hurdle if you are flying from the US to Spain, especially if you are flying from the West Coast.
  4. You must acquire a QR code. After border control in Spain, I went through a rigorous screening of my PCR paper certificate. The screening began by an agent scanning my QR code which retrieved my health record form that I completed via the app before leaving the US.
  5. The Spain Travel Health form is accessed by downloading the app in either IOS or Android. It appears that you must have a smartphone or tablet with this app to complete and register your health form with your US passport number, health record, airline tix booking, date of travel and seat number on the plane. If your form is not complete by the day of travel, you will receive a reminder notice through the app to complete your registration. Once you are registered with the Spanish Government (via the app) your digital QR code will appear in the app. To find the app in an App store, type - SpTH - which stands for Spain Travel Health. I was not allowed to board my flight from the US to Madrid without having this QR code digitally registered with my airline ticket. This attachment to your ticket is something that "Spain" does through the app - not you.

Once I arrived in Madrid, I was repeatedly asked if I had a QR code. However, this QR code requirement just began on 1 May. Perhaps the newness of the requirement may be why I was repeatedly asked if had my QR vote.

Right now, it appears that to meet Spain's requirements, you are not allowed to visit another country before arriving in Spain from your home country. Of course this does not include a layover at another country's airport. However, you must keep track of the 72 hour rule between the hour the test is administered (assuming a negative result) and your arrival hour in Spain.

Last edited:
message from a US citizen that entered Spain last week
It is useful and interesting to read such detailed description by a traveller who actually travelled from the USA to Spain recently.

A small correction, and I'm not saying this because I am a know-all but in the hope to share helpful information: one doesn't have to download the Spth app to a mobile phone although it's useful to have it. One can provide the required data on the Spanish government's website online and will receive the QR code by email which can then be printed out.

Also, the Spth system with its QR code etc was already live in May 2020.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I got this message from a US citizen that entered Spain last week. He was not entering on a tourist visa, he vas entering on a residency visa, so it was ok for him to enter now. His experience was as follow (I copy/past his message with his approval):

1. You MUST have a paper certificate of a negative result from a PCR Covid that is no more than 72 hours old at the hour when you enter a Spanish airport.
  2. You must have a paper certificate (not just a digital one). And the certificate needs to be in the same name as your US Passport and have your US Passport number written on it. (My PCR result did not have my US Passport number written on it. However, I was able to take the certificate to my general physician in the US - and she wrote my Passport number on the certificate, signed it with her name and credentials and dated her signature. This seemed to suffice at the Madrid airport.)
  3. Your Covid test must be a PCR test. This is NOT what is called a rapid test in the US. Getting a PCR test result back within 24 hours in the US is tricky. Remember you only have 72 hours to arrive in Spain from the hour the test is administered (not the hour you receive results.) My results came back later than my initial flight to Madrid, so I had to cancel that day's flight about an hour before my flight, wait for my results and then re-book. I was fortunate to receive my results in 25 hours. This allowed me to rebook for the next day. Because of the flying time to Spain, if my results had not come back within 36 hours of being administered - I would have had to start over, have another PCR rest and hope to get the results in about 24 hours. Arriving in Madrid - I learned that in Spain you can get PCR results the same day. In the US - PCR results usually are returned in 36-48 hours. I was lucky to find a service that returned results in about 24 hours. This 72 hour time limit is a hurdle if you are flying from the US to Spain, especially if you are flying from the West Coast.
  4. You must acquire a QR code. After border control in Spain, I went through a rigorous screening of my PCR paper certificate. The screening began by an agent scanning my QR code which retrieved my health record form that I completed via the app before leaving the US.
  5. The Spain Travel Health form is accessed by downloading the app in either IOS or Android. It appears that you must have a smartphone or tablet with this app to complete and register your health form with your US passport number, health record, airline tix booking, date of travel and seat number on the plane. If your form is not complete by the day of travel, you will receive a reminder notice through the app to complete your registration. Once you are registered with the Spanish Government (via the app) your digital QR code will appear in the app. To find the app in an App store, type - SpTH - which stands for Spain Travel Health. I was not allowed to board my flight from the US to Madrid without having this QR code digitally registered with my airline ticket. This attachment to your ticket is something that "Spain" does through the app - not you.

Once I arrived in Madrid, I was repeatedly asked if I had a QR code. However, this QR code requirement just began on 1 May. Perhaps the newness of the requirement may be why I was repeatedly asked if had my QR vote.

Right now, it appears that to meet Spain's requirements, you are not allowed to visit another country before arriving in Spain from your home country. Of course this does not include a layover at another country's airport. However, you must keep track of the 72 hour rule between the hour the test is administered (assuming a negative result) and your arrival hour in Spain.

Thank you for this Information Ivar. My sense is that airlines and government will work together to modify this plan for the masses. Getting a PCR test in USA in such a narrow window of time , right now, is not practcal to get masses of tourists to Spain.

This process does not take into account vaccinated tourists. IMO is likely to change.

Nevertheless, regarding PCR testing!
@peregrina2000

Here is a helpful site to getting a PCR Test for travel! https://thepointsguy.com/guide/where-to-get-covid-test-travel/

Last edited:
I wonder if one has to produce a negative PCR Test also when having been vaccinated, anyone knows?

I wonder if one has to produce a negative PCR Test also when having been vaccinated, anyone knows?
In Italy:- in order to enter other regions in Italy with a red lock down condition from another colored region a 48 hr test result OR a double covid vaccination document OR a document with analysis that proves you have survived a covid infection must be available in case of a police control.

This CNN site about traveling to Spain is VERY outdated. Months old.
Updated May 2021? Do you have more current information regarding Spain!
I am certainly hoping that proof of vaccination will be enough. However, The point of referencing the CNN article was to alert us that Spain is requiring a QR code. This requirement has now been been substantiated by a traveler who flew to Spain ( see Ivar # 23) about a week ago.

Whether PCR testing and/or some type of vaccination certificate will be required from abroad...we are all hoping to find out.😀

Last edited:
This CNN site about traveling to Spain is VERY outdated. Months old.
Well, let's say it is not exactly new news. Here is another report from an American forum member who travelled from the USA to Spain and had to have a QR code under the Spth system. He wrote already in September 2020:

Howdy Everyone!.. We made it to Spain! So everyone knows what documents we have, I have an AMERICAN PASSPORT, NIE & PADRONAMIENTO [...]
So here’s how it went, in preparation we went online to the spanish health website, filled out the online form back in July and then again 48 hours before our flight. A few minutes after being completed, a QR code arrived by email. These need to be printed out and kept with you while you are in Spain. Here is the link... https://spth.gob.es/

I know. But me, not having a conformed vaccine passport, even if vaccinated, will have to take a 10-day quarantine hotel at my own cost, even if I am vaccinated, when returning to Norway, bc of no formal arrangements. Will not happen/will not pay for that. I am waiting, keeping my mouth shut :)

Greece, as well as Spain/Italy, is desperate for tourist income. I will wait until it is all settled with proper rules for traveling. We have to be sober on these issues.
I'll drink to that!

I know things are likely to change once tourists are again allowed in, but now you’ve piqued my curiosity.

I wonder how you got a PCR test result that met the website’s requirements. The testing sites in my area do not issue a document, it’s an online result, much less a document with passport or ID number on it (not sure what ID number the document is referring to) - so I’m wondering how you threaded that needle last summer.

This certificate or supporting document must be the original, will be written in Spanish and / or English, French or German and may be presented in paper or electronic format. The document will contain, at least, the following information: traveler's name, passport or ID number, date of the test, identification and contact details of the center that performs the analysis, technique used and negative test result.
At that time (July 2020), Spain wasn't requiring a PCR test on arrival. I just had to fill out the online form with my travel and identity details, and download the QR code for passage through the Madrid airport. :)

We used this website when we flew to Spain in September.

I know that its a very fluid situation and that rules for travel will change by the time many readers of the forum travel to walk their Camino.

What is the deal for those non-EU pilgrims landing at a French airport and then walking into Spain? There will not be a record of your entry into Spain, for starters. The free movement without documentation across Schengen borders may not apply to Covid related documentation and proofs.

What is the deal for those non-EU pilgrims landing at a French airport and then walking into Spain? There will not be a record of your entry into Spain, for starters. The free movement without documentation across Schengen borders may not apply to Covid related documentation and proofs.
This is such a futile discussion. It's not exactly a secret: Long before Covid-19, it's been known to everyone that internal borders within Schengen can be crossed by those who are not allowed by law to cross them. The mere fact of being in the EU doesn't bestow the freedom rights on you that the citizens of the Union have.

Currently, UK newspapers openly write that people who have second homes in Spain and France intend to fly from the UK to Portugal, hire a car and then drive to their second homes outside of Portugal because they may be not allowed on direct flights to Spain and France. A pilgrim who currently walks in Portugal/Spain reported recently that locals in Portugal told him that they "just jump" across the Portuguese/Spanish border while it was officially "closed" (Physical closure and police control are mainly at the major roads of connection between the two countries. He didn't follow their example, btw.) There is no border control on the Napoleon route from SJPP to Roncesvalles. There's not been a border control since decades, not even last year.

There is no "loophole", as some say. People know what they are allowed to do and what they are not allowed to do by law. And even when they don't know, it does not exempt them. The fact that there is no control, and that there are no sanctions, and that the chances are minuscule that they will ever be "found out", doesn't make such behaviour ok.

This situation is the reason why there is a desire to have a coordinated approach to lifting travel bans and travel restriction throughout EU+. Some EU countries believe that they can't wait for the others and are making use of their national privileges and are jumping the gun in the mad race of attracting early summer tourists to the south of Europe.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes, I am fully vaccinated (2 Pfizer shots) and as I entered Spain on Saturday, no one asked for my vaccination card which I carry with me. But they wanted was proof of a negative PCR test, no more than 72 hours from when it was administered. It was a challenge in my US city to find a PCR test that would get me results in 24 hours. Most places were saying 36-48 hours to post results. And that would not have given a very tight window to fly from the US West Coast to Spain.

People know what they are allowed to do and what they are not allowed to do by law.
And besides 😇: I and many others have now lived through a whole year with restrictions on mobility. Most of the people I know simply complied. Not out of fear of sanctions and fines or blind obedience. They informed themselves and complied. They crossed internal Schengen borders while restrictions were in place. Nobody checked whether they were on an essential journey (allowed) or not. Nobody checked whether they were on a shorter, less than 48 hours trip (allowed) or not. Nobody checked whether they received a maximum of 2 people in their homes arriving from a neighbouring country (allowed) or not. Nobody checked whether they did a PCR test after their return (obligatory) or not. They simply complied knowing full well that a minority of others didn't.

So let's just assume that the majority of third country nationals (non-EU) who are already allowed to enter EU+ or will soon be allowed to do so will act in the same way.

And besides 😇: Don't forget that there's a small stamp in your passport and that every albergue and every hotel in Spain registers your stay and transmits the data to the Guarda Civil. If they really wanted to know, they could find out where you came from, when you came, where you stayed and what kind of documents and proofs you have with you.

Last edited:
I wasn’t suggesting breaking any laws or current rules. I was just wondering what the procedure was for someone landing in France and then walking, unchecked by any authority, into Spain. Does one have to report in anywhere or are the French checks enough?

Mind you, the idea of wading ashore, from my son’s sailing boat, onto a deserted beach under a full moon does sound exciting.

I wasn’t suggesting breaking any laws or current rules. I was just wondering what the procedure was for someone landing in France and then walking, unchecked by any authority, into Spain. Does one have to report in anywhere or are the French checks enough?

Mind you, the idea of wading ashore, from my son’s sailing boat, onto a deserted beach under a full moon does sound exciting.
I know you weren't suggesting breaking rules. As to your specific question: there are no checks when walking from France into Spain. There are no requirements to report to anyone in Spain. Pilgrims are already walking from France to Spain and every day, more are on the way. Hey, tomorrow is the start of the long Ascension weekend and next week is Whitsun, another popular time to start travelling. Maybe it is just my impression but it seems to me, from what I read on FB groups, that very long train journeys to SJPP are currently more popular than flights to Biarritz/Bayonne (could also be that there aren't any flights yet or no suitable ones. I didn't check).

Spain will apparently allow British tourists in starting May 20th without PCR test... as long as the infection rate remains low in GB. And if this happens, what are the odds that Spain will require vaccinated visitors from USA to get a PCR ?? before entry... especially when the vaccines are WHO approved.......

Last edited:
Spain will apparently allow British tourists in starting May 20th without PCR test... as long as the infection rate remains low in GB. And if this happens, what are the odds that Spain will require vaccinated visitors from USA to get a PCR ?? before entry... especially when the vaccines are WHO approved.......

You can check the official Spanish Health Website. 🙏

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This site is a link on the main government web page you cited
I know. I've been informed. I've done further research. I've used different Browsers and some of my different internet personalities. I even interviewed two of my 14 year old nephews (who will recover given time). I only posted in the first place because the link looked one step from official to me. I've learnt that the link is indeed one step from the official .gov.es site and is as safe as milk in a dairy.

I guess its a Tinker problem - keep your enemies close because your friends might join them any day ;)

I've tried opening the link, but the web page has been blocked. I'm not sure if that's to do with my settings or the link.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've tried opening the link, but the web page has been blocked. I'm not sure if that's to do with my settings or the link.
It works for me.
Looks to be something on your end. Maybe try a different browser?

If your browser is telling you the link is "unsafe" just click on "Advanced" and "agree", "go to" or whatever.

As there are no standard UK/EU/USA standards for what constitutes a "safe" website it's best just to click on the adverts and buy something. Perhaps, oddly, that always seems to work ;)

I have had my two doses of vaccine but...I live in Brazil and here we are given the Coronavac vaccine from China which apparently is not accepted by the EU...what now?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh good. It’s no wonder I’m not confused 😉
I have a friend who has a bar-code tattooed on the back of his neck. He claims that if scanned the code reads “I am not a number”. He has often claimed that nothing is true and later found to have lied.
I read an account one time (on the interwebs so it must be true!) about some guy who wanted his social security number tattooed on the back of his neck as a statement of modern nameless reality. When scanned he discovered it said "$24.99." He should probably start worrying about his "sell by" date.

I have had my two doses of vaccine but...I live in Brazil and here we are given the Coronavac vaccine from China which apparently is not accepted by the EU...what now?
As a follow on to this- Any word if the EU accepts the J&J one dose vaccine? It would be my luck the one I got isn’t acceptable.

As a follow on to this- Any word if the EU accepts the J&J one dose vaccine? It would be my luck the one I got isn’t acceptable.
It does. It's also known as Janssen here in Europe. I'm not finding official lists right now, but as an example, the EMA recommends Janssen here: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-recommends-covid-19-vaccine-janssen-authorisation-eu

And this news article cites the Janssen vaccine: https://english.elpais.com/society/...accination-of-under-50s-to-begin-in-june.html

And here: https://www.travelweekly.com/Europe-Travel/Spain-allowing-entry-to-vaccinated-Americans

SpTH tip: as of this morning, the SpTH iPhone app was not working for me. At the last step it displayed a spinning circle that never concluded.

So at the suggestion of several people on this site I went to https://www.spth.gob.es/create on my laptop instead. Success! It took a few minutes to work through all the questions but the server responded immediately at every step, including the email validation.

I hope they fix the problem in the app soon. Otherwise there will be a lot of frustrated travelers, since the official materials are all pushing the app and it's easy to miss that the website is equally valid.

Thanks guys. Like I said I’m paranoid. I don’t like websites that require information I’m not prepared to share. Then again I’m not intending to travel to Spain until most of this guff is just guff
"Just because you are paranoid does not mean that people are not out to get you!" (Terry Pratchett plus others)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
"Just because you are paranoid does not mean that people are not out to get you!" (Terry Pratchett plus others)
More likely Joseph Heller Catch 22; though Henry Kissinger's "Even the paranoid have enemies" pre-dates the publication of Catch 22 but perhaps not the concept. “Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.” has been variously been attributed to Sun Tzu; Niccolò Machiavelli; Petrarch and, of course, the sage Michael Corleone.

None of which equates in anyway to the simple process of obtaining a QR code to enter Spain.

so I am leaving monday to walk the portuguese coastal route. I can't figure out how to fill out the Spanish health form because it requires you to give your airline or ferry info. And.... I am walking into Spain (LOL). It won't accept my flight into Lisbon obviously... any thoughts? anyone?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
so I am leaving monday to walk the portuguese coastal route. I can't figure out how to fill out the Spanish health form because it requires you to give your airline or ferry info. And.... I am walking into Spain (LOL). It won't accept my flight into Lisbon obviously... any thoughts? anyone?
You only need the QR code if you are arriving by air or sea.

That doesn't look like an official website to me

So far as I'm aware https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/home.htm is the gov website

But hey, I'm just a paranoid anarcho-pagan and I know they're out to get me o_O
Tink:

Marbe2 has the official website for Spain Travel Health and obtaining the QR code correct. I just got my QR code to enter Spain on Thursday morning, earlier today. I depart from Miami tomorrow afternoon.

It was easy. Just go slow, and answer the questions - all of them.

After two years! I am returning to volunteer at the Pilgrim Office. Fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited:
Tink:

Marbe2 has the official website for Spain Travel Health and obtaining the QR code correct. I just got my QR code to enter Spain on Thursday morning, earlier today. I depart from Miami tomorrow afternoon.

It was easy. Just go slow, and answer the questions - all of them.

After two years! I am returning to volunteer at the Pilgrim Office. Fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.

Tom
I just tried to fill out the form...and it is saved, but incomplete. 48 hours before traveling, I should get a seat assignment and finish (I hope).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back