Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Primitivo 7 Sept Start

Flig

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo Sept 2021
Arrived in Oviedo this afternoon. Got my first stamp at the cathedral, and I have to admit that a little thrill of excitement ran through me when I saw the actual ink on the paper.
Off to Grado tomorrow.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Stopped at Paladin for lunch. Sin gluten (gluten free) is on the menu! Something I have been worrying about since I was diagnosed two months ago.
I’ll be topping up my water supply from the fuente, another first. A bit tired, hills here seem to have higher gravity than the ones back home, but only 7 km to go after this.

Will do! I’ll be sure not to mention the wonderful weather, breathtaking views, and well marked gorgeous trails that I saw the first 15 km.
This is the one Camino I never fretted about losing my way, probably because big cities were the difficult part for me. The most can’t possibly get lost day for me, out of 90 days on 9 caminos was actually the Hospitales day. Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This is the one Camino I never fretted about losing my way, probably because big cities were the difficult part for me. The most can’t possibly get lost day for me, out of 90 days on 9 caminos was actually the Hospitales day. Buen Camino!
Just crossed hospitales today, after staying at the Albergue at Samblismo, amazing food, breath taking views and luckily didn't get lost!

Well Oviedo lived up to its reputation of being hard to leave if you only follow Camino markers. However I had the handy dandy Camino Ninja app, plus a few others, to lead the way out. Navigation after that was straight forward though there was one church that tried to lure pilgrimage off the path to pay a visit.
Weather was perfect walking weather, dry, partially sunny, with temps around 70. Sun and dehydration still tried to get me, but you could not beat the weather today.

Staying at Quinta private Albergue. Very nearly full, I’ll check out the other places when I go out to eat and see if they are close to full. I have a reserved bed tomorrow night, but may need to book something in Tineo.

Just booked, or trying to book Samblismo for the 11th. Seem like very nice folks. Location could not be better for the Big H.

12th seems a bit more problematic.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just booked, or trying to book Samblismo for the 11th. Seem like very nice folks. Location could not be better for the Big H.

12th seems a bit more problematic.
Try Miguelin in la Mesa. Berducedo is a bottleneck. It’s about 4 flat kms from Berducedo. And if you start from Samblismo, you’re a few kilometers ahead of the game anyway.

Buen Camino, I hope to be following in your footsteps in a few days!

Ended up taking a recovery/rest day in Tineo. Nice place, great atmosphere. A few old injuries started playing up and I was running out of juice.

After fattening up for a day I should be good to go on the 12th. Unable to book Samblismo so have a spot at La Montera in Borres. Trying to book Miguelin or Albergue Camino Primitivo, but haven’t heard anything back from either yet. No worries, ill keep trying to book either way I’ll see what’s there whenever I get there.

Great walk the other day, wonderful views and friendly locals with always a wave or a hello for a peragrino.

Hard to say what is normal but trail seems pretty busy. At least 20 peregrinos that I saw on the trail and many more in Tineo proper. The folks I’ve met are a mix of nationalities with Italian and Spanish being the most prevalent. The Nords, to include the Germans, seem to be the next largest bloc. The only other native English speakers I’ve met w a pair of perrgrinas from the US. Some facility with the Spanish language is highly recommended, otherwise the simple things, like checking if a bunk is available, become very hard, and can be the cause of a little frustration at the end of a stage. View attachment 109011

Attachments

• D384A570-C125-435F-BB2F-A04DF544C55A.jpeg
    D384A570-C125-435F-BB2F-A04DF544C55A.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 4F90950A-2209-4529-978D-7BB5AB1C67EF.jpeg
    4F90950A-2209-4529-978D-7BB5AB1C67EF.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 7D65439E-6118-4504-A047-7291F1A57269.jpeg
    7D65439E-6118-4504-A047-7291F1A57269.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am starting on 16th from Oviedo. I checked quinta website for today and they seemed almost empty. also checked some others which also had places for today and next few days. Would prefer to just walk and decide where to stop later. Are you finding albergues seem to be all completely full or are there generally beds available somewhere?

I am starting on 16th from Oviedo. I checked quinta website for today and they seemed almost empty. also checked some others which also had places for today and next few days. Would prefer to just walk and decide where to stop later. Are you finding albergues seem to be all completely full or are there generally beds available somewhere?
There seem to be some beds available. Though you may want to book the day before and day after hospitalers since those are choke points with very limited alternatives in the immediate area.

Ended up taking a recovery/rest day in Tineo. Nice place, great atmosphere. A few old injuries started playing up and I was running out of juice.

After fattening up for a day I should be good to go on the 12th. Unable to book Samblismo so have a spot at La Montera in Borres. Trying to book Miguelin or Albergue Camino Primitivo, but haven’t heard anything back from either yet. No worries, ill keep trying to book either way I’ll see what’s there whenever I get there.

Great walk the other day, wonderful views and friendly locals with always a wave or a hello for a peragrino.

Hard to say what is normal but trail seems pretty busy. At least 20 peregrinos that I saw on the trail and many more in Tineo proper. The folks I’ve met are a mix of nationalities with Italian and Spanish being the most prevalent. The Nords, to include the Germans, seem to be the next largest bloc. The only other native English speakers I’ve met w a pair of perrgrinas from the US. Some facility with the Spanish language is highly recommended, otherwise the simple things, like checking if a bunk is available, become very hard, and can be the cause of a little frustration at the end of a stage. View attachment 109011
Where did you stay in Tineo and how was it?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Coming out of Le Mesa. Wonderful views. We did have to climb down the through those clouds down to the reservoir.

Attachments

• 3388DE35-CFA6-4D92-BED1-AF3BB5AB656F.jpeg
    3388DE35-CFA6-4D92-BED1-AF3BB5AB656F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
It was the Hotel Palacio de Meras. I splurged and stayed at the hotel. They do have a very nice Albergue as well that I would recommend.
Thanks, that was where I was looking. Their website seems to indicate that the Albergue closes Sept 30th but that the hotel is open all year. Trying to confirm. Thanks for your help! Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Should be in Lugo on the 18th. Trying to figure out the rout once I hit CF.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back