• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Unvaccinated Canadian

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwinkelm

Time of past OR future Camino
Good day,

I am trying to plan a trip to complete El Camino de Santiago during October of this year.

I hope to begin in St. Jean-Pied-De-Port after flying from Canada to Bordeaux.

I am unvaccinated and I understand that I need to present a negative test and quarantine in Bordeaux for 7 days.

Has anyone completed the hike recently while being unvaccinated?

My concern is travelling to Spain from France as I also understand that I will need to present another negative test.

If you can help me with anything, you would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@kwinkelm I'll assume you’re making a serious enquiry rather than just Trolling for fun. So, I’d advise checking very carefully on all the relevant, individual, government websites before you book your flight as to the precise criteria they intend to have in effect in October.
Then, if you are still determined to walk a Camino, consider vaccination - both for your own protection and for the safety of those you will encounter

As a fellow-Canadian may I say:
-France just announced only fully-vaccinated people can arrive from US. While this does not currently apply to Canada, anyone travelling into another country right now does so at the will of that country, and the situation can change rapidly and at any time.
-There are umpteen COVID trails on this forum. Maybe start there. There you will find info regarding your need to apply weeks in advance for a Health report/QR code which I understand you will need to show to eat in restaurants, stay in albergues, etc.
-Even here in Canada, due to rapidly increasing numbers, many provinces require a vaccine passport, complete with QR code to access non-essential services such as sporting events, restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theatres, etc. As of Monday I (understandably) won’t be allowed to eat on a patio without showing proof of double vaccination.
-By October the new Canadian regulations about flying may be in place. Once they are, you will not be able to fly within Canada without being double-vaccinated. When returning home to Canada you will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
-Perhaps a little more reading before opening up a new thread here will give you the answers you need, and may save you a lot of money, hassle, and heartbreak if your plans are thwarted.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Here you will find the requirements for entering any country in the EU:

Then, if you are still determined to walk a Camino, consider vaccination - both for your own protection and for the safety of those you will encounter
Very good advice. Corona is no illusion; It very much exists... The vaccine is microchip-free.

Thank you everyone. My main concern is entering Spain as I understand I will be required to present another negative test result.

I already researched French entry requirements but I was experiencing trouble while determining Spanish entry requirements. For confirmation, are they identical?

I'll continue to research. Thank you again!

France and Spain are not identical. Also keep in mind that the degree of enforcement along land borders does not change the requirements. You are still obliged to conform with the law, even if no one is checking when/where you cross the border.

Start with this thread, for the best sources of information on travel requirements.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good day,

I am trying to plan a trip to complete El Camino de Santiago during October of this year.

I hope to begin in St. Jean-Pied-De-Port after flying from Canada to Bordeaux.

I am unvaccinated and I understand that I need to present a negative test and quarantine in Bordeaux for 7 days.

Has anyone completed the hike recently while being unvaccinated?

My concern is travelling to Spain from France as I also understand that I will need to present another negative test.

If you can help me with anything, you would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
I am in no position to advice you; I can only give you MHO:

I would not try to travel unvaccinated anywhere outside my safe corner (Arctic Norway) until this is over. Fortunately, as fully veccinated old person, I have been able to stay for 3 1/2 weeks in Crete this summer, trouble-free, and am now planning my next CF. I may still contract the virus, but not being really ill, most likely, but even as fully veccinated, I will follow all restrictions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back