• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mike Savage

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• Would wish to share a glass or 10 with you again, Mike! It was a pleasant time together in SdC ! :)
    Reactions: Mike Savage
    Mike Savage
    Mike Savage
    Three years until retirement for me then I could show up anywhere at any time. I hope our paths cross again.
    Hi fellow westerner...got any ideas or advice on what Camino my wife might do as a follow up th Frances, cheers
    Mike Savage
    Mike Savage
    Hi,
    I really enjoyed the coastal route in Portugal from Porto to Santiago and am returning in September to walk the central route from Porto to Santiago. Beautiful scenery and town, the people are wonderful and many speak English, and the food really is good especially if you like seafood and pastries. It is also a little cheaper than Spain.

Bom Caminho!
    So Mike, shall I expect to make your acquaintance after Lisbon? Spending three nights there, then departing for Santiago Sept 7.
    Mike Savage
    Mike Savage
    I think I will just miss you. I arrive in Lisbon on the 9th for two days then a day in Fatima and two days in Porto. I will probably bus from there to Marinhas on the 14th and start walking to Santiago. I expect to be in Santiago Sept 24-25th. If you see an old guy (60) with a gray handlebar mustache make sure to say hi if I don't say it first! Bom Caminho, I hope you have the best time ever.
    magpye
    magpye
    Ok, I in Porto sept 24, so not likely to connect, but thanks anyway. Enjoy. And hey, 60 not so "old"!
    I'm volunteering (Hospitalero) in Salamanca Sept 15-30. Then I think I'll walk to Finester Then meeting my wife and friends to walk the Camino Sanabre Oct 11-18. Let me know if you will be in the vicinity or are looking for any training walks before hand
    Mike Savage
    Mike Savage
    Good to hear from you Willy. I will be walking the Portuguese Coastal route Sept 8-26. I know I will be in Porto Sept 12 and plan to be in Santiago Sept 23-25 and fly out the morning of the 26th. Any Saturday before then if you want to do a training walk let me know and I can meet you most anywhere.
    Hey, Willy! Nope I'm not out walking. I'm still waiting to see if I can get off work for 5 weeks September-October to walk Lisbon to Fatima to Porto to Santiago with another forum member whom I met in Santiago last year. I hope you have a great time.
    Are you out walking again? I'm headed back to be a Hospitalero and later walk the Camino Sanabre. Call me if your walking I need all of the miles with less excuses....... Willy
    Hi Mike, how are you doing? What did find of the albergue Orisson. You will do fine Mike. I will keep following you on your journey.
    For now I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.
    Well, your departure is almost there.
    You will love your stay at the albergue Orisson.
    I wish you all the best during your journey to Santiago de Compostela.
    Buen Camino, Peter.
    Mike Savage
    Mike Savage
    Thank you so much Peter it really means a lot to me. Also thank you for helping me as well as everyone else on the forum.
    Thanks for your response about the Teva sandals. The grooves on the footbed are what cause your blisters? There's no kind of insole you could add? I guess that gets more complicated. I am a little more worried that the straps will chafe. What will you use for second shoes? Exciting that you are leaving on your Camino soon! I'm not going till spring. Cheers, Jill
    Mike Savage
    Mike Savage
    JillGat, I don't want to have to carry insoles in addition to the sandals. The straps are great I just wish the soles worked for me. For second shoes I am bringing Sockwa G4s which really are minimalist. It is slightly more protection for the soles of your feet than going bare foot. Buen Camino!
    Well Mike the date is set. We, my wife Pam and I are headed back to walk the Camino Ingles slowly then some other adventure in Northern Spain. It was great to see your name again as I have been following posts on this route........ Buen Camino.... Willy
    Mike thanks for the contact. I walked the Camino Frances from SJPP 2013 and the Camino Portugues 2014. I live in the Avenues and am currently planning on walking the Primitivo and or Ingles this year. .... Willy Littig
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back