• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

EmoJohnson

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• Hi Emily Have you decided what camino you are doing and if you are doing it this summer. My husband and I are currently discussing going in July to Porto and doing the same as what I did. Hope to book three weeks and show him the sights and taste the food and drink. Really hoping it works out. 🤞
    I really want to go back to Portugal and just holiday in and around some of the stunning towns situated on the Atlantic Ocean. Plus eat the great food.
    I know, now I'm home its like what do I do now? Actually I've taken up a new art medium which is both fun and interesting and 2 people want me to show them how to do it...ha ha I'm only just learning it myself.

My hubby and I are talking about the next adventure together. He has sent away for the Italian camino...we will see what happens
    Have had 3 full days of sightseeing and shopping in Porto. I like it here and for me it has a really good vibe and Im experiencing a deep sense of joy.
    I stayed in a hotel Miradoiro de Belvis just on the edge of Santiago close enough to walk but not so close as to get the noise I was more than happy with all of the places I chose. Tomorrow transfer to the Hotel Aeroporto a 3-5 minute walk to the airport the plane leaves at 6 am so will be up before the crack of dawn.
    Back in Porto and a few days of sightseeing but in all honesty I'm ready for home..it seems almost anti-climatic after the experience of Santiago. Best wishes to you Emily.
    Reactions: EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    You had a wonderful time in Santiago, then?
    Where did you stay?
    Oh dear I repeated myself. I coined an original expression that a gentleman from Anacortes Washington (close to where I live) thought was priceless so he wrote it in his little book with my name...its Camino Dementia!
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    Hahahaha! So good. There's no cure for that, unfortunately.
    Reactions: Rina22
    Had to fight not dissolving into tears as I made my way up the little narrow street towards the cathedral. Had slightly over an hours wait in line to get my compostela which seemed like torture being so sore and exhausted but it's done and a great accomplishment no matter what!
    I whistled for my trusty steed EL Taxicabo to miss the soulless trek out of Padron along the highway and g it dropped off in Teo which was supposed to be a little over 2 hours HA HA no way that it was..more like 3 and a half. I barely had anything left in me to make.
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    The trek out of Padron is all highway? I'm trying to recall. I think I got a lot of nature but there was a stretch I'd have to walk alongside to my pensione in Escravatude (sp?) and I freaked out, it was getting on nightfall, and I asked a man to drive me the five minutes because it was too "peligroso" -- I was so grateful to this man bc there were no open restaurants or stores to call a cab.
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    The km markers just seemed so off! Every section was so much longer to walk....
    Arrived in Santiago about 12:30ish on the 5th had to stand exhausted in a long line to get my compostela took over an hour but when I looked back it was probably going to be at least 2 hours for many...grueling after walking and being so exhausted and sore.
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    Yes! I waited for almost 2 hours (i think it was) on my birthday June 3 for my Compostela! I thought it was busy bc it was a Saturday but I guess it's always busy during high season of summer. Pretty grueling. They should have benches. But I was so excited to get my official paper!
    I'm in Padron. Walked two 6 hour days and really feeling it. I'm probably going to taxi from here to Two or O Milladoira and only walk for 7 to 10 km...my body is getting close to be being done!
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    You are kicking butt! Go, go, go!
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    My body felt completely odd when the inertia got halted! My legs felt leaden like tree trunks yesterday.
    So will you be in Santiago tomorrow June 3rd?
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    Rina - I loved these 2 places: Pontevedra and Caldas de Reis (name different spelling on our Camino passports) I wouldn't necessarily stay in Padron and feel it's good for seeing the sites (sacred sites!) and then keeping walking...,
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    Did you enjoy Arcade?
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    I was! June 3 - June 5 in Santiago but now I'm already back in the states (in Customs).
    You go girl buen camino
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    Caldas de Reis is exquisite!
    Rina22
    Rina22
    Depending on my lower body I might be hiring me a taxi to Caldas. Today was short from Arcade but tough as it was a slow grind up hill a good portion of the way. I'm still mystified as to how I can rack off 6 miles in 2 hours or less at home and doing 8 miles today took so freaking long 3 and a half hours or a bit better.
    I haven't seen a lot of Vigo it's a massive city. Kind of hanging around the plaza where my hostel is located. I can see the cruise ships if I go outside. There's a great tapas bar across the way and I've eaten 3 meals there and plan on dinner there tonight fabulous food. It's also a great place to people watch
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    It sounds like you found a great place to stay! I had to get the heck out of Vigo bc the big city was bringing me down :)
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    I also have a wicked sunburn from my walk to Vigo. I finally caved and paid for the expensive Spanish sunscreen (for children, SPF 50!) as I ran out.
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    I hope you're doing well! Happy to hear you're eating fabulous food! I just had calamares picante in Pontevedra's main square (one of them!) YUM
    Lol it's all right catching rides as I said before. I finished my entrance into Vigo and to my hostel by taxi just couldnt walk anymore. Hoping to walk the distance to Arcade tomorrow and to Pontevedra but I'm looking at the distance from Padron to Santiago and know I ca t do that many hours or kilometres. I will probably catch a ride to Teo which is about 7 km from Santiago and walk from there.
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    I'm looking for a good half way point on the Padron to Santiago stretch.
    I'm staying in Pontevedra tonight and explored the town and it is so beautiful! I hope you'll have some time to explore the center. The cathedral for peregrinos is lovely.
    From Vigo to Arcade 20 km...4 plus hours. Arcade to Pontevedra 11 km...2 and a half hours. Pontevedra to Caldas des Reis 24 km...5 plus hours walking. Caldas to Padron 13 km...3 hours. And finally Padron to Santiago 25 km...6 plus hours. I seriously miscalculated some of this points. Think I will be finishing in a taxi as I enter Santiago.
    Hey Emily I'm in Vigo staying at Hostel Colegiate in Plaza la Iglesia 3. Here tonight and tomorrow nnight then pushing on to Arcade.
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    Hola Rina! I'm sorry not to see this earlier! I walked to Vigo (20? exhaustive miles) and was so depleted I checked into Kaps Hostel. Now I'm headed (by bus - very easy out of Vigo) to Redondela. I may look around Resondela and then hop a bus to Pontevedra and then walk the rest of the way to santiago. How are you liking Vigo? Perhaps you've moved on from there by now...
    Thanks for writing!
    EmoJohnson
    EmoJohnson
    (Just reread your message and see you're headed to Arcade tomorrow)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back