Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Resource icon

Chrome Extension - SpanishDict 1.0

No permission to download
There are several translation extensions available from the Chrome Web Store. The following is a link to an article that lists The 10 Best Translation Extensions for Chrome. I have been using the Google Translate Chrome Extension, but I frequently use spanishdict.com as a reference.

I became tired of copying and pasting a word from a web page to Span¡shD!ct, so I created a very simple Chrome Extension to add a Span¡shD!ct menu item to the Chrome Context Menu. The Chrome Context Menu is accessed with a right mouse click.

What does the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension do?
  • Add a menu item to the Chrome Context Menu for Span¡shD!ct.
  • Copy selected text from a web page and opens a new tab with Span¡shD!ct.
  • The Span¡shD!ct tab will display the dictionary or a translation dependent on the selected text.
screen shot.png

screen shot2.png

How do I use the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension?
  • Select the desired text.
  • Right click to activate the Chrome context menu.
  • Left click the Span¡shD!ct menu option.
How do I install the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension?
  • Download the zip file.
  • Extract the files from the zip file. I placed the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension in the following directory on my computer: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\spanishdict context menu.
  • Open Chrome.
  • Navigate to the following url: chrome://extensions/.
  • Select the Load unpacked button on the top left of the web page.
  • Select the directory where you extracted the files for Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension.
  • NOTE: You can view the contents of the manifest.json and script.js files in any text editor before installing if you have any security concerns.
screen shot3.png

What is spanishdict.com?
spanishdict.com is a website that has a dictionary, conjugation, examples, pronunciation, and a thesaurus tab.
  • The dictionary tab contains the definitions and uses of the word.
  • The conjugation tab contains the verb conjugations for the moods and tenses. Irregulars are identified in red.
  • The examples tab contains examples of the word in sentences.
  • The pronunciation tab contains the Latin American and Spain pronunciation of the word with a video that demonstrates how to pronounce the word. It also contains the Span¡shD!ct phonetic alphabet (SPA) that is a simplified phonetic spelling of the word.
  • The thesaurus tab contains synonyms and antonyms of the word.
References
spanishdict.com
Chrome Web Store
Chrome Web Store Help – Install and manage extensions
The 10 Best Translation Extensions for Chrome
Author
linkster
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating