• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Chrome Extension - SpanishDict 1.0

No permission to download
There are several translation extensions available from the Chrome Web Store. The following is a link to an article that lists The 10 Best Translation Extensions for Chrome. I have been using the Google Translate Chrome Extension, but I frequently use spanishdict.com as a reference.

I became tired of copying and pasting a word from a web page to Span¡shD!ct, so I created a very simple Chrome Extension to add a Span¡shD!ct menu item to the Chrome Context Menu. The Chrome Context Menu is accessed with a right mouse click.

What does the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension do?
  • Add a menu item to the Chrome Context Menu for Span¡shD!ct.
  • Copy selected text from a web page and opens a new tab with Span¡shD!ct.
  • The Span¡shD!ct tab will display the dictionary or a translation dependent on the selected text.
screen shot.png

screen shot2.png

How do I use the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension?
  • Select the desired text.
  • Right click to activate the Chrome context menu.
  • Left click the Span¡shD!ct menu option.
How do I install the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension?
  • Download the zip file.
  • Extract the files from the zip file. I placed the Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension in the following directory on my computer: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\spanishdict context menu.
  • Open Chrome.
  • Navigate to the following url: chrome://extensions/.
  • Select the Load unpacked button on the top left of the web page.
  • Select the directory where you extracted the files for Span¡shD!ct Chrome Extension.
  • NOTE: You can view the contents of the manifest.json and script.js files in any text editor before installing if you have any security concerns.
screen shot3.png

What is spanishdict.com?
spanishdict.com is a website that has a dictionary, conjugation, examples, pronunciation, and a thesaurus tab.
  • The dictionary tab contains the definitions and uses of the word.
  • The conjugation tab contains the verb conjugations for the moods and tenses. Irregulars are identified in red.
  • The examples tab contains examples of the word in sentences.
  • The pronunciation tab contains the Latin American and Spain pronunciation of the word with a video that demonstrates how to pronounce the word. It also contains the Span¡shD!ct phonetic alphabet (SPA) that is a simplified phonetic spelling of the word.
  • The thesaurus tab contains synonyms and antonyms of the word.
References
spanishdict.com
Chrome Web Store
Chrome Web Store Help – Install and manage extensions
The 10 Best Translation Extensions for Chrome
Author
linkster
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from linkster

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back