• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago 2017-02-20

No permission to buy (£3.58)
In early 2014 we visited our friends Jessica and Nigel, and the Camino de Santiago came up in conversation. They had just completed it but we had no idea that it even existed until they told us about it. We learnt that it was a famous walk that started in St Jean Pied-de-Port and finished at Santiago, a total of 800km equating to 500 miles. This distance seemed to be an awful long distance to me. The most I had walked in a day was the Yorkshire Three Peaks, which was about 25 miles. I had lost a few toenails on that walk and did not want to repeat the experience. However Naoko, who was a much keener walker than me, wanted to learn more about it. She was told that she should:
•Read the book by John Brierley, entitled ‘Pilgrim's Guide To The Camino De Santiago’.
•Watch the film starring Martin Sheen called ‘The Way’.

We went on to walk & cycle the Camino over 3 years, with me cycling due to a foot problem. The book includes many photographs and our tale of of our trips, including the wonderful camaraderie that we found along the way.
Author
Mike Newton
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Mike Newton

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back