A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides
Guide to 'O Camiño Verde' crossover - Lugo on Primitivo to Sobrado on Norte

Guide to 'O Camiño Verde' crossover - Lugo on Primitivo to Sobrado on Norte

O Camiño Verde, the Green Camino, is a crossover from Lugo on the Primitivo, to Sobrado dos Monxes on the Norte, through a tranquil and beautiful rural area, mainly on farm and forest tracks. It is fully waymarked with green arrows, diverting from the Camino Primitivo just after the Roman bridge in Lugo.

What forum members say about it
'I loved the two "green arrow" days'
'I'm so glad that we took this little diversion. To anyone thinking about it - just do it'
'The route alongside the river was absolutely beautiful'
'Beautiful and adventurous'
'Two of my favourite Camino days ever'

Stages
There are two stages, with an overnight stop at Friol. The first stage has two options: one taking in the interesting Roman sanctuary of Santa Eulalia de Bóveda. The second stage also has two options.

Accomodation
Friol is a lovely tranquil village with a bank, bars and restaurants, and a supermarket. There is also a summer outdoor public swimming pool - the Club Fluvial.
Casa Benigno - pension with bar and restaurant in main square 982 375 028 €16 single ensuite room, €30 double
Casa de Martiño - casa rural 982 163 700
Bi Terra - casa rural 982 183 746

Links to directions and Wikiloc routes (updated 2018)
Lugo-Friol via Cota ... pdf ... wikiloc
Lugo-Friol via Bóveda ... pdf ... wikiloc
Friol-Sobrado via Marco das Pías ... pdf ... wikiloc
Friol-Sobrado via Foxo do Cabrito ... pdf ... wikiloc

A similar route appears in the German guide to the Primitivo by @Raimund Joos and Michael Kaspar.

Background
José Manuel Sánchez Grande from Friol, @xmsg, created the route and painted the green arrows, and I have been helping with refreshing the arrows, guide revisions, translation and publicity.
This route is unofficial at present, so please post your support in José's blog comments, which are assisting him in getting local officials behind the route:
http://estradasecorredoiras.blogspot.com/
Blog pages on stages (in Spanish):
Lugo to Friol
Friol to Sobrado

Threads on this Forum about the route
These can be found on this subforum
Author
notion900
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings