A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Resource icon

Guide to 'O Camiño Verde' crossover route - Primitivo to Norte

O Camiño Verde, the Green Camino, is a crossover from Lugo on the Primitivo, to Sobrado dos Monxes on the Norte, through a tranquil and beautiful rural area, mainly on farm and forest tracks.

José Manuel Sánchez Grande from Friol, @xmsg on this forum, created the route and painted the green arrows. There are two suggested stages, with an overnight at the peaceful town of Friol, where there is a pension and other accommodations, bank, bars and restaurants, and a supermarket. There is also a summer public swimming pool by the riverbank.

This route is unofficial at present, so please post your support in José's blog comments, which will assist him to get local officials behind the route.

A similar route appears in the German guide to the Primitivo by Raimund Joos @Raimund Joos and Michael Kaspar, who I believe met with José when researching the book.

José's directions and maps were revised, and the green arrows refreshed, in August 2016. There are separate downloads from his blog for the two stages, each with a choice of English, Castellano and Gallego.
He also gives Wikiloc routes.
You should download offline maps as there is poor mobile signal for part of the way.

José's blog pages with downloads
http://estradasecorredoiras.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Camiño de Santiago: Lugo-Friol
http://estradasecorredoiras.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Camiño de Santiago: Friol-Sobrado dos Monxes

Threads on the Forum about this route
www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/crossing-from-primitivo-to-norte-yes-you-can.42599/#post-453368
www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/lugo-to-sobrado-2016.40889/
www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/alternative-way-from-lugo-to-santiago.7380/
www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/lugo-to-sobrado-not-missing-santa-eulalia.24326/
www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/in-sobrado-dos-monxes.40795/
www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/primitivo-over.41520/#post-422184
Author
notion900
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from notion900

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement