• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Way, My Way

The Way, My Way 2013-10-10

No permission to buy ($7.95)
Australian movie director Bill Bennett's account of his Camino pilgrimage has been likened to the books of Bill Bryson and Eric Newby.

At times laugh-out-loud funny, at other times deeply moving, his account of his walk across Spain is required reading for anyone considering the Camino, and for those who've walked it but who want to re-live their experiences through a witty and insightful writer.

The book has received rave reviews by readers, one New York reader giving it five stars and describing it as: "...beautifully written, honest, funny, and moving. It tells you what it really feels to make the Camino a transformative experience. A great book!

Here are more reviews - AMAZON REVIEWS

TWMY_BillBennett_cover sm.jpg
5.0 out of 5 stars The one book on the Camino that you HAVE to read, October 9, 2013
By
Britta Huttel
(Sydney, Australia) -
This review is from: The Way, My Way (Kindle Edition)
A WARNING: if you start reading this book, you can't put it down until you've finished it. I certainly could not and I've read many, many books on the Camino written by people from many countries with very varied stories to tell about their Camino journey. Bill Bennett's The Way, My Way is funny, witty, profound and very moorish. He is astonishingly open about his journey, both emotionally and physically; you very clearly feel his pain ripping out that toe nail and gag at the thought of that blister! Also, as a photographer Bill's photos accompanying his story are compelling and as insightful as his words. I sincerely hope Bill keeps travelling other Camino routes and writing his stories for us to be enthralled again.
Author
billbennettoz
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

This is one of the best books I've read about the Camino. I've shared it with friends who are planning to join me next year on our own pilgrimage, and they, too, found Bennett's story down-to-earth, humorous, and thought-provoking. His experiences made me believe that even I can walk all The Way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back