• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

¿When go to see the sunflowers¿

ranthr

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
I have walked from Le Puy in August and in May and also from Moissac in May hoping to see sunflowersacres, but they were either dead in September or small plants in May. On my first walk on GR 65 arriving in SJPdP late September the last part was boring in my opinion with dead acres of corn or sunflowers along the way all day. I want to go back when it is flowering.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@ranthr , your past experience ought to answer your question - though I appreciate that some reassurance from the web always helps.....
The sun- flowering season migrates north, much as the birds do, just a little later. June on the Meseta, July on those vast fields of France. If you really want to see that glorious gold and amber glow then you have to walk when the sun is hammering down and even the sparrows are silenced. Or you could just go to the Louvre or the Prado and gaze on the Van Goghs in their air-conditioned comfort.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks, I thought June would be the time, but then I would miss it again. The van Goghs in the Prado, Tincatinker, made me only more wanting to enjoy on the real flowering, so I guess I must try out the heat in July , worst mosquito
period in the north of Norway by the way.

Thanks, I thought June would be the time, but then I would miss it again. The van Goghs in the Prado, Tincatinker, made me only more wanting to enjoy on the real flowering, so I guess I must try out the heat in July , worst mosquito
period in the north of Norway by the way.
I didn't experience any problem with mosquitoes in July/August, but I did in September.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Back