Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.

LIVE from the Camino Álvaro Lazaga walking again

alansykes

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
The caminopath Álvaro Lazaga is back on the camino, his 44th, filing daily reports on youtube. He left his (rainy) home town of Benidorm on Monday, heading northwards towards Valencia and Castellón, where he will join the Camino del Bajo Aragón towards Zaragoza. He is hoping it will be legal for him to cross into Teruel province and the region of Aragón on May 9th - "¿libertad?". If it isn't, he will return home.

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
none past, planing to go on May to do the French walk( 2015) do not have sense of direction
The caminopath Álvaro Lazaga is back on the camino, his 44th, filing daily reports on youtube. He left his (rainy) home town of Benidorm on Monday, heading northwards towards Valencia and Castellón, where he will join the Camino del Bajo Aragón towards Zaragoza. He is hoping it will be legal for him to cross into Teruel province and the region of Aragón on May 9th - "¿libertad?". If it isn't, he will return home.

Enjoy, keep posting what is open or close for us to know. Thank you

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Various ones.
I'm going to bump this, not sure about the new rules on the forum and bumping but Alvaro a couple of days ago reached Castellon and started a Camino proper from there, this route so far looks a stunner, and even some pilgrim accommodation, for anyone looking for a new, beautiful and challenging route this so far on the 1st two days has ticked a lot of boxes.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.
Today Álvaro arrived in Escatrón, where I have been on the Ruta del Ebro. Looks like there is now a very nice albergue there. We had to stay down in a windowless cement block along the river.

Oh, the longing.....

From 2018, but I guess it will still be spotless. Not that many pilgrims passing by anyway.

Oh the longing indeed.

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

peregrina2000

Staff member
When I was in Escatrón (and now I remember getting a hug from a real camino enthusiast, who came out of the tourist office and might just have been the woman in Álvaro’s vlog), I heard there was a nice monastery up the river a way. I went into a bar to ask for directions, but started chatting with three very nice women who needed a fouth to play Parcheesi. So I spent the afternoon doing that instead.

DC817A7C-653F-4499-9770-926B4891158E.jpeg

I remember leaving Escatrón the next morning. First sight was a hydro-electric plant. Then across the river, I could see what very definitely looked like a monastery. Yes indeed it was the Monasterio de Rueda, Cistercian monastery now turned into a fancy hotel. The cloister looks just stunning. But I’ve seen many beautiful cloisters and only rarely get the chance to enjoy Parcheesi and learn all about the declining fortunes of Escatrón.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads