• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf 2.0

No permission to download

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
ivar submitted a new resource:

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf - “All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf

View attachment 6004
Inspired by some previous work on lists of albergues and seeking a combined list of references for albergues on the Camino Frances that brought various strands of information together in one place, we decided, to produce such a single list. One of the drivers was to be able to store this digitally and access it on the camino from a mobile phone.

The list was produced by trawling through guide books, internet sites and any other reference material. It does not deal...

Read more about this resource...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks - my other half will appreciate this since she is about to leave next week to start her camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
indymaine, As one of the collators of the information and producer of the pdf file I would appreciate your perspective on how you would revise the document. We are going to review it's ongoing production during the next two months. Personally as a 69 year old with 20/20 vision with glasses I can read it just fine in landscape mode (which is what it is produced in) but I recognise that it is at the limit of font size. We do provide the original excel spreadsheet for those people who would like to manipulate it for their own benefit. As it's a work of love by volunteers any suggestions on how it may be improved are appreciated. Personally, I think that the 'staging' information could be removed and perhaps graphic icons used to represent other types of information. We are open to constructive ideas ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This looks amazing Ivar, what a great resource! It will come in handy in a couple of weeks when I finally arrive in Spain. Thank You!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ivar, It's great but you have to have 15/20 vision to read it. I tried to print it in "landscape" but that didn't make any difference.
Ivar and Collators - yes thank you for the resource but how do I get a copy I can actually read?? I tried to copy it to excel and the printing was virtually unreadable. Cheers S_Mike

Ivar and Collators - yes thank you for the resource but how do I get a copy I can actually read?? I tried to copy it to excel and the printing was virtually unreadable. Cheers S_Mike
OK Ivar - I think I have figured out how to print (and save a copy to - as a pdf so have not changed your original). Cheers

I can make this resource available in it's Excel format by email. I'd wait a while though as it's undergoing changes to reduce unnecessary information, such as stages, distance to SdC and elevations, that isn't agreed among the various sources in order to make it more readable.

What a fantastic resource! Thank you! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Our latest version has been uploaded. We continue to welcome pointers to changes, errors and omissions. It requires forum members feedback to keep this free resource up to date. Many thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wonderful resource. I saved it onto my computer and was able to increase the font size for a better print-out. There are always new albergues. One I stayed at in early October 2013 between Palas de Rei and Santiago was at Salceda where "Albergue de Boni" had been open less than 3 weeks in a totally renovated huge house with all new and comfortable furnishings. Boni himself had walked the Camino 7 times in his life and is a thoughtful and caring hospitalero.

Thanks Ivar for this information. This will help my wife and I plan our walk in September - October 2014. This would be nice to have in Excel. We will also check for further updates.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
But you took away the "km to Santiago, km from last facility" :(
We had to make room in order for people to print it. Stages and distances are both variable and available in other guide books. As this is a list of albergues I decided to drop it. Personally I'd like to drop the location facilities as again they are available in the guides and this would ease the problem of printing even further. If we did that then we could bring back the km from last facility column. Views are welcome - a chance to influence us ;)

As David has already said, we will consider all forum member's suggestions as to format and what to include or exclude.
Most importantly we would also appreciate hearing of any new or closed albergues or any other corrections to the file.

This is a wonderful resource, I'll print it and bring on my camino. As a newbie I'm not sure about the types of albergues? I'm guessing P - Private, M - Municipal (but what does that mean?). Par - Christian? A - no idea. A little help in clarifying this would be wonderful =) I am also interested in knowing if any of these celebrate pilgrim's mass, do you know?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We've just produced a second release this month. The pagination glitch has been sorted out. Downside is that there are a greater number of pages but they ought to print OK. Websites have been checked out. And the distance from last locality has been reinstated as requested by a couple of people. Again we are dependant on feedback to maintain the resource.

This is a wonderful resource, I'll print it and bring on my camino. As a newbie I'm not sure about the types of albergues? I'm guessing P - Private, M - Municipal (but what does that mean?). Par - Christian? A - no idea. A little help in clarifying this would be wonderful =) I am also interested in knowing if any of these celebrate pilgrim's mass, do you know?
P=Private, Par=Parish run, M or X = Municipal run, A=Association (e.g. CSJ) run.

Last edited:
Hi :)

Great work guys I was using mainly only this pdf when I was walking in 2013 and I was using this Albergues_Camino_Frances_2012-v1-6 bersion of it and it was working flawlessly, I think You don't need any guide book or any other crap just this one :)
But upon reading through the new version I think it changed horrible compared the above mentioned one for example the colour coding makes it very easy to read and to distinguish while in the new one it's nearly unreadable and it's became 20!!! pages while the old one was just a mere 7 , and also I like the fact that there are the distance informations to Santiago in km and the height in there too :p

Otherwise great work keeping it updated too :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you....an invaluable resource. I am leaving for the Camino on Apr 23rd and I will find a way to take the "lightest" possible copy with me.
A sincere "Thank you" from all who travel behind you!!!!

Thank you so much for this wonderful resource :) I walk mid May this year so it's peace of mind having this resource to refer to. Thanks again :)

We have been advised of an error which will be amended in the next release:
there is an error in the “All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf listing. Under the listings for St. Jean Pied de Port the email address for Maison Kaserna is shown as Jaques.mullon@orange.fr it should be Jacques.mullon@orange.fr. (note the c in Jacques)
Thank you @Billy Grass !

Thankyou for the handout. I have printed it out so Im pleased.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Re: Logroño Alb Parish; in Sept 2013, we were asked for 5 euros, but communal dinner and breakfast were included.
A stunning price. Are you sure that it wasn't 'donativo' for the meals? The cheapest albergues charge 5€ for a bed alone, or at best with a limited breakfast IMHO.

A stunning price. Are you sure that it wasn't 'donativo' for the meals? The cheapest albergues charge 5€ for a bed alone, or at best with a limited breakfast IMHO.
Sorry, I don't recall the details, but you're probably correct. I just remember being charged the 5 euros when we arrived so thought it better to alert you to that, just in case someone was expecting donativo.

From what I have read on this forum, every albergue has wifi access. But this doesnt seem to be reflected in this pdf. When we see an albergue that has internet access on this pdf does this imply having only physical computers to use? Are we to assume that every albergue has free wifi we can use for our tablets?

Not every albergue has Wi-Fi. Some albergues have excellent Wi-Fi such that you can surf the internet on your iPhone from your bunk bed! Others have Wi-Fi but the connection is very weak. Many albergues have absolutely no Wi-Fi. An occasional few albergues have a public coin-operated computer. Many bars and cafés have Wi-Fi, especially in cities, but many don't, yet once in a while you can stop at a café in the middle of nowhere and find that they have great Wi-Fi for their customers.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Not every albergue has Wi-Fi. Some albergues have excellent Wi-Fi such that you can surf the internet on your iPhone from your bunk bed! Others have Wi-Fi but the connection is very weak. Many albergues have absolutely no Wi-Fi. An occasional few albergues have a public coin-operated computer. Many bars and cafés have Wi-Fi, especially in cities, but many don't, yet once in a while you can stop at a café in the middle of nowhere and find that they have great Wi-Fi for their customers.

Thanks Journeycakes!
I am doing an online course at the same time as my Camino so I have to make sure to find decent Wifi along my trek. If the Albergues isn't good enough I can go to the bars. LOL Didn't think of that.
Than you so much.

I can make this resource available in it's Excel format by email. I'd wait a while though as it's undergoing changes to reduce unnecessary information, such as stages, distance to SdC and elevations, that isn't agreed among the various sources in order to make it more readable.

Could you please provide the file in Excel format ?
Thanks
TD

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear BlackDog,
Good day!
I just wanted to let you know that my husband Lorenzo and I, pilgrims who did the Camino Francés from León to Finisterre in 2008, recently opened a new private albergue called Casa do Rego (www.casadorego.com) in the village of A Pena (Camino Francés, Km. 97,2) after Ferreiros and before Mercadoiro. I'd really appreciate it if you could include this information in your list of albergues. Those who've stayed with us in the course of the month that we've been open sum up their stay with: hospitality, quiet place and good food.
Do let me know if you need further information.
Many thanks!
Buen camino!
Carol

This is great! Thank you!

However, it is a bit difficult to read on my Galaxy S4. It is probably much easier to read on a tablet with it's larger screen. I printed it out and had it bound with a plastic cover, front/back [ for protection ] and will roll it up and stuff it into my backpack to use along The Way.

Thank you again for all the hard work you put into this project.

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf - “All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf

I always seem to have trouble when I download this file..This time it worked great on my laptop but won't open on my Android phone. It will download the file but says it can't open it. I have Adobe. Do I need something else? Would much rather have it on my phone than have to print it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I always seem to have trouble when I download this file..This time it worked great on my laptop but won't open on my Android phone. It will download the file but says it can't open it. I have Adobe. Do I need something else? Would much rather have it on my phone than have to print it.
You should be able to read it with Adobe Reader. It's saved from Excel in pdf format so I don't know if that creates a problem. I can read on my Android phone & tablet. Do you want it as an Excel file?

Im getting nothing but a post in Spanish, not an attachment. Am I doing something wrong.

Thx

Buen Camino

"Snake"

Sounds as if the site has some issues. Can't help you with that unfortunately

Ahh... you are using the app. This pdf document is in the Resource Section of the website, so it is not in the app itself (I used to have it as a link, but Apple would not approve the app unless I removed it). So you need to go here:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...lbergues-on-the-camino-frances-in-one-pdf.10/
..(in safari). Log in to the website and then download the pdf.

...not sure why the link goes to this old post though.. will look into that.

Saludos,
Ivar

As is the way of corrections, immediately I have been told that the Albergue do Brasil does not exist any longer in Vega de Valcarce. I shall make the change once we have done some more cross checking of other possible corrections. Don't be shy to give us any amendments you may have. We do not include non albergue accommodation as it would become an impossible task to maintain.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
BlackDog updated “All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf with a new update entry:

Version November_2 2014

A big thanks to @pico whose observations I had overlooked as I was on Camino and completely forgot about them! There are a number of new albergues and a new location Camponayara about 7 Kms outside Ponferrada which has a new albergue.

All corrections are welcome. We still have to do a sweep through various sources to try and detect any errors or omissions so we welcome your support in this task.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I got an email from one pilgrims saying the following:

FYI:
Next to the private Albergue in Caldadilla de la Cueza they have opened up a new municipal albergue (very clean; good showers; only problem was the flies). I was there on 9/16 and they said it opened about 3 months before. It is actually attached to the private albergue.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

There is another wonderful albergue to add to the list. It just opened this summer. It is fantastic.

Albergue Leo in Villafranca del Biezero
Telephone 987 54 25 58 or 658 039 244
Calle de Agua #10
Email; info@albergueleo.com
Private
10 euros
washer/dryer; serves breakfast; wifi;

There is another wonderful albergue to add to the list. It just opened this summer. It is fantastic.

Albergue Leo in Villafranca del Biezero
Telephone 987 54 25 58 or 658 039 244
Calle de Agua #10
Email; info@albergueleo.com
Private
10 euros
washer/dryer; serves breakfast; wifi;
Thank you very much I shall note it for the next amendment :)

I got an email from one pilgrims saying the following:

FYI:
Next to the private Albergue in Caldadilla de la Cueza they have opened up a new municipal albergue (very clean; good showers; only problem was the flies). I was there on 9/16 and they said it opened about 3 months before. It is actually attached to the private albergue.
Thanks Ivar it is in the file already.

Hi guys.

This is a fantastic ressource that I also used on my first bit of the Camino. But I have a question - what happened to the first column? Its not in the pdf anymore and I can't find the excel file anywhere. I like to manipulate the file myself before printing it and sending to my iPad ;-)

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf - Extraordinary New Albergue on top of the clouds in El Acebo (León)

Dear fellow pilgrims and hospitaleros. I recently moved to El Acebo to live and work @ Albergue La Casa del Peregrino, a gorgeous new albergue with mountain views, swimmingpool, bar, restaurant, garden and all facilities. I look forward to sharing this wonderful place with you!! Love and best wishes

El Acebo (León) entre Manjarín y Riego de Ambros:

Albergue La Casa del Peregrino P | 96 | 10 | 987057793 | Ctra. De Compludo, S/N | lacasadelperegrino@gmail.com Facilities: Alt. M B W D @ P Rte

Read more about this resource...[/QUOTE]

Hi, fabulous, great job. I don't suppose it's possible to start marking those places that are open all year round? It seems a lot more of us are walking Oct to Mar. Jill

Excellent resource.

The spreadsheet lists letters "P" and "M" under 'Type' for Albergues. What does "P" or "M" stand for?

My apologies if this has already been addressed.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ok, now ypu will have to tell me exactly where you see these abreviations.
I'm surprised that you do not notice them. Please see the 'Type' column right after the 'Name of the Albergue' column. And the letters are indicated under the "Type" column for each Albergue.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Now I see them, bit could not tell you what it stands for. Sorry.
This excellent resource should have a footnote and state what "M", "P", "Par", "A" and "X" stand for under the "Type" column. I think those responsible for putting it together should be able to help. Can any one of them comment on this?

Thank you very much for a fantastic resource! Is there any chance that a column be added to signify the presence/absence of a church?

€60,-
Hi, this is an amazing and wonderful resource. Thank you so much for making this. It would also be very useful to add a column about electrical plugs. I've heard their availability can vary widely from albergue to albergue, and I'm wondering whether I need to buy a new camera that uses disposable batteries (to replace the rechargeable camera I have now).

Hi there, wasn't entirely sure how to post a question to this resource thread, so I hope I have done it correctly. Could someone confirm what the letters signify under the heading "facilities"? I think I have figured out some, but I couldn't find a legend, or something like that to explain the letter code used. Sorry if this is a somewhat stupid or redundant question, but we seem to have selected the Camino Frances over the Norte and need to get to work figuring out our plans.

This resource looks extremely helpful - merci beaucoup!!!

Please disregard my earlier reply asking about the letter code used under the "facility" heading - I found the descriptions on the bottom of the PDF. For some reason it wasn't showing at first. My mistake - :)

€60,-
I have spent a very enjoyable, lazy afternoon looking through this resource and would like to say a big "Thank you" to BlackDog for his labour of love in preparing and maintaining this resource. I start of on the 13th April and will be making use of the information!

Thank you so much for this precious list.
Brilliant file to my phone.
:) mush appreciated.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Can you upload also the Excel file?
I prefer not to do so. It has been used in violation of the copyright by commercial organisations. Email me and tell me what you want to do with it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back