A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

☀️🕶 Max temperatures in Spain today

Cayou

Camino(s) past & future
2015 Villafranca to SdC 2016 St Jean to LosArcos 2018 Leon to SdC 2019 Le Puy to Conques
Ouch! I walked in August once … 35-40' is not so fun.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
That's much nicer for walking!
I totally agree! 😃 I love walking on the cusp of feeling chilly as I naturally pick up a bit of energy and speed without trying...probably my body working to warm up a bit.
Heat makes me miserable. I lose energy and slow way down as my body drags! 😰

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
I like when it's warm, but that is way to hot to walk in. I'm concerned that people may get heatstroke or that it will start fires. Take care, drink water and please do listen to local news.

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2022)
Anything above 35C and I start to struggle.........and use way too much water......Not fun.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
I walked my first camino Roncesvalles to Santiago August to September 2001.

I left R. with black hair. I entered S. with a golden blonde hairline and wheat to light brown hair throughout.

Next year, I pray to repeat sun-bleach process. But, arriving in Santiago no later than July 24TH.

I wish to enjoy the fiesta!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2020? Looks like.... nowhere! 😁
I think the temperature was similar on my first Camino francés (July 2012). Unexpected heatwave when it had been quite cold and rainy only a few days before...
And since then I have read people writing ‘it never gets that hot on the CF, no need to start early’. Oh yes there is, in those circumstances 🤣
Keep safe pilgrims and have plenty of water. Oh, and an umbrella for shade 😉

witsendwv

Camino(s) past & future
(2015)
We walked the Camino Primitivo in Oct. 2016, the temperatures hovered around 40 degrees. We stayed in Campiello and were walking to Grandas de Salime down to the dam and up the very hot asphalt road. I remember moving from shadow to shadow for some relief from the sun. No such luck. In addition there were forest fires with planes flying overhead to drop water. Everywhere we stopped we were told, "No es normal"! Now I'm not so sure. :)

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Lee Howell Weather 13

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock