• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

❤A year ago today a dream came true

Iain McKie

Camino Iain
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances(2016)
A year ago today 26th Feb 2016 I set off form SJPD not knowing I had only one goal and that was to enjoy the adventure ahead. I had not planned past day 1 as I didn't want to put any pressure on time or what I needed to do each day. I would walk till I wanted to rest and just see how it went. I spent the next 35 days enjoying the most amazing experience I may ever have. I went through all the emotions and made peace with myself for a few things and yes the Camino has changed me spirituality and opend my eyes to more life. It's hard to tell people who have not walked the Camino the immense feelings I felt and the incredible people I met in a way that they can also feel. Even a year later however I sit and smile often, daily, when I remember the Camino. I wrote a blog every day that I have read back and it engulfes me with memories. If your going to walk the Camino I wish you a life remembering journey. If you have walked the Camino I'm sure you know what I mean. Either way Buen Camino.

This is a link to my blog from the time if you want a memory trip if some of the places or if your interested in my story. http://caminoiain.blogspot.co.uk

Buen Camino all ❤

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Your writing perfectly reflects how I feel about my Camino. Thankyou for the reminder. May the Way continue to sustain you.

Just read a little of your blog. ..what a beautiful Camino it must have been...and yes it is so much about the people. ..you ae blessed. Ultreia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A year ago today 26th Feb 2016 I set off form SJPD not knowing I had only one goal and that was to enjoy the adventure ahead. I had not planned past day 1 as I didn't want to put any pressure on time or what I needed to do each day. I would walk till I wanted to rest and just see how it went. I spent the next 35 days enjoying the most amazing experience I may ever have. I went through all the emotions and made peace with myself for a few things and yes the Camino has changed me spirituality and opend my eyes to more life. It's hard to tell people who have not walked the Camino the immense feelings I felt and the incredible people I met in a way that they can also feel. Even a year later however I sit and smile often, daily, when I remember the Camino. I wrote a blog every day that I have read back and it engulfes me with memories. If your going to walk the Camino I wish you a life remembering journey. If you have walked the Camino I'm sure you know what I mean. Either way Buen Camino.

This is a link to my blog from the time if you want a memory trip if some of the places or if your interested in my story. http://caminoiain.blogspot.co.uk

Buen Camino all ❤
Very well written! Spot on. The question is how long before a return? Or will you be ok with the blessing of the last... :)

Ain, I just put my current book 'The Art of Pilgrimage' aside, to read today's forum topics. I was struck by the irony of your post - how you chose to walk your journey and a quote from this book by my favourite poet Rumi "Don't be satisfied withe the stories that come before you - create your own myth"...and it is clear you did. Furthermore, you're from Dunoon. I will walk the Great Glen in May to reconnect to my ancestral home,then time in Edinburgh before heading to Dornoch. Loved your blog.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Just read a little of your blog. ..what a beautiful Camino it must have been...and yes it is so much about the people. ..you ae blessed. Ultreia

The people I met were incredible. Through all sorts of language we laughed and encouraged and learned- thank you Ultreia

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ain, I just put my current book 'The Art of Pilgrimage' aside, to read today's forum topics. I was struck by the irony of your post - how you chose to walk your journey and a quote from this book by my favourite poet Rumi "Don't be satisfied withe the stories that come before you - create your own myth"...and it is clear you did. Furthermore, you're from Dunoon. I will walk the Great Glen in May to reconnect to my ancestral home,then time in Edinburgh before heading to Dornoch. Loved your blog.

I have never heard that quote before and I love it. I'm going to look Rumi up now as I do a weekly radio show and use a different quote that comes my way every week and this week it will be this so thank you. The great Glen is stunning. I've never walked it but have driven up there many times. Beautiful part of the country. Edinburgh is a beautiful city with so much to see. Dornoch I went to a place just outside there called embo when a kid for a holiday. We there bottles with messages in them in the sea I believe in Dornoch and months later received messages from people in Denmark. I wish you a fantastic time on your travels over here.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have never heard that quote before and I love it. I'm going to look Rumi up now as I do a weekly radio show and use a different quote that comes my way every week and this week it will be this so thank you. The great Glen is stunning. I've never walked it but have driven up there many times. Beautiful part of the country. Edinburgh is a beautiful city with so much to see. Dornoch I went to a place just outside there called embo when a kid for a holiday. We there bottles with messages in them in the sea I believe in Dornoch and months later received messages from people in Denmark. I wish you a fantastic time on your travels over here.
And you would thoroughly enjoy the book The Art Of Pilgrimage. I'm not related to the author, Phil Cousineau.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back