• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

🎵 "I'm a leavin' on a jet plane"...again!

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
Hi all!
I leave today for a month in Portugal and Spain. I start out on the Rota Vicentina "Fisherman's Trail" before heading up to Porto to begin the Portuguese Camino. I'm looking forward to these two new routes for me. It always seems like it takes a long time for my next Camino to roll around...but then like today...it's finally here!
I'm usually not on the forum when I walk, but "I'll be back"!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Have a Buen Camino!

From Porto is a very nice & easy walk, but there will be LOTS of cobblestone walking...

9 days from now I will be in Burgos, heading out next Thursday. Will be good to get going again, and then in the Pilgrims Office 20. May - 3. June :)
Alex, it would have been nice to meet you. I think you will be working and overlap with my forum friend, Peter Franciscus, who will be in the office, too.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m staying in the Algarve for a few weeks next winter and hope to do a few days on the Rota Vicentina. Would love to hear your recommendations. Thanks!
I will be posting an overview of my thoughts and observations in a new thread when I return, including my opinion on the lodging.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all!
I leave today for a month in Portugal and Spain. I start out on the Rota Vicentina "Fisherman's Trail" before heading up to Porto to begin the Portuguese Camino. I'm looking forward to these two new routes for me. It always seems like it takes a long time for my next Camino to roll around...but then loke today...it's finally here!
I'm usually not on the forum when I'm walk, but "I'll be back"!
Great for you.....👣👣👣👣...
Paraphrasing the Chinese proverb: “Every journey begins with a first step....”

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all!
I leave today for a month in Portugal and Spain. I start out on the Rota Vicentina "Fisherman's Trail" before heading up to Porto to begin the Portuguese Camino. I'm looking forward to these two new routes for me. It always seems like it takes a long time for my next Camino to roll around...but then like today...it's finally here!
Yeah

Hi all!
Bom Caminho!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Cc,

Remember, no jeans to hold in your genes.

Let everyone enjoy your light.

Buena camina peregrina!

🥰🐢🦒🐘🍒🌳👣

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Chris. Don't forget your fishing rod!
Lots of bacalao to be caught on the Fisherman's Way!
Good travelling mate,
Gerard
Thank you, Gerard! No fishing pole, but maybe if I bring some fishing line (it weighs nothing) I can improvise by having one of my hiking poles do double duty as a fishing rod!😉

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back