Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

🚶Pilgrims walking now

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hola all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have set up a new section on the forum where I am trying to highlight everyone that is currently walking and posting about it on the forum. You can see this new section here:

On the main forum page it is listed towards the top in the "This Board" section.

For a thread to appear here it needs to fulfil the following requirements:
  1. Thread need to be started within the last 40 days [edited: Mistakenly wrote 90 days, it should be 40]
  2. It needs to have the "LIVE from the Camino" prefix.
  3. It needs to have at least one comment over the last 5 days.
It can be posted anywhere on the forum, as long as it complies with the 3 items above, it will automatically show up there.

Buen Camino all!
Ivar

Last edited:
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Year of past OR future Camino
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
PortuguĂŞs 2020
  1. Thread need to be started within the last 40 days [edited: Mistakenly wrote 90 days, it should be 40]
I like the idea in general but re: point 1, if someone is walking a camino for longer than 40 days and still updating their thread, I don’t see why their thread should no longer appear on the list just because it was started more than 40 days earlier.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea in general but re: point 1, if someone is walking a camino for longer than 40 days and still updating their thread, I don’t see why their thread should no longer appear on the list just because it was started more than 40 days earlier.
I can update this... I was thinking of the typical Camino Frances.. what would be a good number do you think?

My worry is that if we make it too high, the "Live from the Caminos" starting in Sarria will stay around in that section for a very long time after the person finish. (The day limit is only for appearing in this section by the way, the thread will of course live for "eternity" in the forum it was originally posted).

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
PortuguĂŞs 2020
I can update this... I was thinking of the typical Camino Frances.. what would be a good number do you think?
50-60 just to be on the safe side? Although that still wouldn’t be enough for the Via Francigena.
My worry is that if we make it too high, the "Live from the Caminos" starting in Sarria will stay around in that section for a very long time after the person finish. (The day limit is only for appearing in this section by the way, the thread will of course live for "eternity" in the forum it was originally posted).
Understood, but if those threads stop receiving comments they will drop off anyway based on requirement No.3.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

lt56ny

Veteran Member
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
You have some good points. I will change it to 50 days. If we see that threads slip by, we can up it even more.
Thanks Ivar I will be walking the VDLP and I k is it will take me more than 40 days in October. I am sure many others are similiar to me. Thanks again for all you do.

hughb

Norte June 2013 plus Finisterre
Norrte 2015
Ingles 2016
Portuguese 2018 and 2019
Fatima routes
I
Hola all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have set up a new section on the forum where I am trying to highlight everyone that is currently walking and posting about it on the forum. You can see this new section here:

On the main forum page it is listed towards the top in the "This Board" section.

For a thread to appear here it needs to fulfil the following requirements:
  2. It needs to have the "LIVE from the Camino" prefix.
  3. It needs to have at least one comment over the last 5 days.
It can be posted anywhere on the forum, as long as it complies with the 3 items above, it will automatically show up there.

Buen Camino all!
Ivar
I really wonder why anyone is promoting anyone to walk the caminho at this moment when the virus is rising yet again. I realise that there are many selfish people in the world, some choose to walk the caminho even now.

I live close to the Caminho Portuguese and have experienced the feelings of the local people when i am walking my dog using the Caminho path. Pilgrims are not welcome. Only a very small percentage of people living on the Camino benefit from the pilgrims.

I think that anyone who is promoting the idea of anyone walking any of the Camino routes at the moment is totally disregarding the safety of the local population.

Get real, the world has changed. Your caminho will wait.

This thread should be removed. Sorry rant over.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I

I really wonder why anyone is promoting anyone to walk the caminho at this moment when the virus is rising yet again. I realise that there are many selfish people in the world, some choose to walk the caminho even now.

I live close to the Caminho Portuguese and have experienced the feelings of the local people when i am walking my dog using the Caminho path. Pilgrims are not welcome. Only a very small percentage of people living on the Camino benefit from the pilgrims.

I think that anyone who is promoting the idea of anyone walking any of the Camino routes at the moment is totally disregarding the safety of the local population.

Get real, the world has changed. Your caminho will wait.

This thread should be removed. Sorry rant over.
I respect your opinion.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances