• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

1,5 kg more... and flashbacks...

martin1ws

Time of past OR future Camino
2018; (2020); 2021; 2022; 2023
I did my first camino in the summer of 2018. I damaged my knee a little bit on the airport before the return flight... I just felt the knee for a few weeks... I never had to go to the doctor, but I packed my backpack very light (2-5 kg) for my training walks ever since that. Today I added another 1,5kg bottle for the more "usual weight" on my short training walk... so the backpack had a little bit more than 6kg. As I started to go I thought that the backpack felt exactly like in these weeks on the camino... so many intensive memories came back like flashbacks on this "training walk".
... the pilgrims... the sun... talking with the pilgrims... the scenery... butterflies ... intensive emotions... nostalgia ...

Can I explain something like that to a non-pilgrim? No, I can't... 'es imposible' ... as F., a Spanish pilgrim on the Camino Aragones, said about explaining the 'magic' of a camino to a non-pilgrim...

It will take probably about 13 months until I am back on a 'short' camino again in the summer of 2020...

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Can I explain something like that to a non-pilgrim? No, I can't... 'es imposible' ... as F., a Spanish pilgrim on the Camino Aragones, said about explaining the 'magic' of a camino to a non-pilgrim...

I think many of us totally 'get' it.........
If I put my Camnio gear and pack on now and starting walking up the road.............
I might not stop! :rolleyes:

Just like "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry"

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Back