• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1 week in April

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Hello... Are there any folks out there who could recommend a good section of the Arles... If you only had a week to walk... Or even 6 days?

Many thanks :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello... Are there any folks out there who could recommend a good section of the Arles... If you only had a week to walk... Or even 6 days?

There are two really spectacular sections of the Arles route, Saint-Jean-de-Fos to Lodeve and Oloron -Saint-Marie to Jaca. The first will take you along the Herault river and the Pont-de-Diable, to Saint-Guilhem-Le-Dessert and then over the Road to the End of the World. This is the Haut Languedoc and its quite special! The other option would be to follow the Gave d'Aspe from Oloron-Saint-Marie along the valley and go over the Col-du-Somport into Spain. The climb up the Col isn't at all hard, nothing like the climb out of SJPDP.

As you've only got limited time I'm guessing that ease of access would be a priority and as there is a good train connection to Oloron, that that would be my suggestion.

Gavin

NO FAIR!!!! How did you get so lucky?!

Would love to hear your impressions, since that was a route I was considering for 2017. I ultimately made the decision with a toss of the coin, since I was so hopelessly undecided.

Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
NO FAIR!!!! How did you get so lucky?!

Would love to hear your impressions, since that was a route I was considering for 2017. I ultimately made the decision with a toss of the coin, since I was so hopelessly undecided.

Buen camino, Laurie

I am also interested walking the Arles route in sections a little at a time. Would like to know what you do.

Many thanks for the replies! I'm always amazed how quick the replies come in and how knowledgeable you all are!

@gavin01 we'll take a look at these places on the map. We were thinking of maybe going by train this time and leaving the car at home... so many thanks for the information.

@peregrina2000 we're in much the same boat as you... with no coin tossing :rolleyes: We take holidays out of holiday season due to our work commitments... we're going back to Lisbon in February but for a holiday and not specifically walking (but there will be one or two for sure :D). We can sneak a quick 6 days at the end of April and would like to go walking but closer to home and going further south for better weather seemed to make sense.

I think we might try and base ourselves in one area now as my husband likes the idea of taking bikes too and walking and cycling... so I'll take a closer look at the places recommended and see if we can come up with a plan. Problem is there are just too many places to visit and walk!

I'll keep you posted :)

@gavin01 - we've taken a closer look at your suggestions and we're thinking that the area around Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert / Lodève / Saint-Jean-de-Fos will be great for us.

There are a couple of Beaux Villages (La Couvertoirade and Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert)... and as well as the Arles Camino there are a few other randonnees routes to walk, so it looks like a good place to visit... and it's only 4 hours from home.

It's the ideal spring break so thanks very much for your suggestions! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back