Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1-Week To Go!

green_spork

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Aug/Sept (2017)
Afternoon all,

All going well, I should arrive in Madrid this time next week!
Coach booked to Oviedo, arriving Saturday evening!

Starting from Oviedo Cathedral from Monday 26 September!

Have been keeping an eye on the weather, and it seems the temperatures are still quite pleasant, with Accu weather only predicting a few days of rain!

I have the choice of taken a Poncho or light hooded rain jacket, the poncho would definitely protect more, but, it’s noticeable heavier when bundled in stuff sack!

Also had planned on taking a light synthetic down jacket for early morning’s!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Afternoon all,

All going well, I should arrive in Madrid this time next week!
Coach booked to Oviedo, arriving Saturday evening!

Starting from Oviedo Cathedral from Monday 26 September!

Have been keeping an eye on the weather, and it seems the temperatures are still quite pleasant, with Accu weather only predicting a few days of rain!

I have the choice of taken a Poncho or light hooded rain jacket, the poncho would definitely protect more, but, it’s noticeable heavier when bundled in stuff sack!

Also had planned on taking a light synthetic down jacket for early morning’s!
… and evenings

I really like Weatherspark.com. It has many detailed graphs you can study, honing in on your particular month of walking.
I leave next week too, for the Via Francigena, and have given attention to info on Lucca, Siena and Rome, as they each represent roughly 1/3 the distance apart as the trail heads south. Other than some general knowledge, I take it all as a grain of salt, as you never know what you are going to get...similar to a box of chocolates.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I really like Weatherspark.com. It has many detailed graphs you can study, honing in on your particular month of walking.
I leave next week too, for the Via Francigena, and have given attention to info on Lucca, Siena and Rome, as they each represent roughly 1/3 the distance apart as the trail heads south. Other than some general knowledge, I take it all as a grain of salt, as you never know what you are going to get...similar to a box of chocolates.
Sounds interesting, will check out the site!
Good luck for the Francigena!
I am considering this route for next year!
I think you might have the better weather!

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.