• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

10 days to Rome Where to Start

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017
Wanting to do some of this route in October. I want to finish in Rome and start about 10 days out - 20/24 km per day. Can someone advise a starting point. Catherine

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Depends on your fitness and purpose. 100km is enough for the Testimonium if walking.

If you want a tough walk, here are the distances for the different sections from Siena

Siena to Ponte d'Arbia 26 km
Ponte d'Arbia to San Quirico 26 km
San Quirico to Gallina 16 km
Gallina to Radicofani 22 km
Radicofani to Acquapendente 24 km
Acquapendente to Bolsena 23 km
Bolsena to Viterbo 36 km
Viterbo to Sutri 35 km
Sutri to Campagnano 24 km
Campagnano to La Storta 23 km
La Storta to Rome 19 km

If you want a leisurely one then Sloways have a route here

https://www.sloways.eu/walking-via-francigena-viterbo-rome#routeAndMap

PS Not pushing Sloways but they do have an app you can download and use on your phone.

There are limited alberuges on the route so I would check on that when planning.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back