• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

100 km Mark

ScaryB4Coffee

Put your feet up after walking. It's good for you.
Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte May/June (2016)
Frances September (2018)
My sister-in-law would like to join us for the last 100 km of the Frances. Where should she fly in to and what place would she start at?
Thanks for any information.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks for quick reply. After posting, of course, I found some posts about getting to Sarria. Looks like flying from LAX to Madrid, then train to Sarria. I now have to figure my best guess as to when we'll arrive there from SJPdP so we can meet up and make a reservation at a pension!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am flying to Madrid to meet my spouse roughly half way in a matter of weeks. We face the same question: where will he be?
On the day before my departure, he will tell me where he is. On the day that I land, I will check in. It does not change my landing at Madrid, and getting the train up to the CF is easy. If he's moving a little faster, we will meet in one town, a little slower and I will alter my destination.
I suggest that you consider a similar flexibility. There are buses up to many places on the CF from Madrid as well, so it's not too difficult.

Maybe she can stay in Madrid until she hears from you, and then take the train once you approach Sarria? :)
Madrid is so lovely, she will not be unhappy of spending a day there if necessary!

Thanks for quick reply. After posting, of course, I found some posts about getting to Sarria. Looks like flying from LAX to Madrid, then train to Sarria. I now have to figure my best guess as to when we'll arrive there from SJPdP so we can meet up and make a reservation at a pension!
Once you reach Leon you should be able to make a firmer "guess" as to when you will arrive in Sarria. Depending upon her adventurous spirit she might like to start in Ponferrada it will provide a better feel for the Camino.Cheers

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The time I spent walking the Camino was magical. The time I spent getting to and from the Camino was miserable. My personal preference is to minimize time spent in public transportation.

In June 2018, I flew from Minneapolis to Madrid, then caught a one-hour connecting flight to Santiago. The airport is technically in Lavacolla, a suburb of Santiago, so I rode a bus from the airport to the Santiago downtown bus station for half-an-hour, then switched busses to ride for two hours to Sarria. Probably costs more than the train from Madrid and I didn't see as much of the country, but I saved travel time which, after hours of flying, was important to me.

The time I spent walking the Camino was magical. The time I spent getting to and from the Camino was miserable. My personal preference is to minimize time spent in public transportation.

In June 2018, I flew from Minneapolis to Madrid, then caught a one-hour connecting flight to Santiago. The airport is technically in Lavacolla, a suburb of Santiago, so I rode a bus from the airport to the Santiago downtown bus station for half-an-hour, then switched busses to ride for two hours to Sarria. Probably costs more than the train from Madrid and I didn't see as much of the country, but I saved travel time which, after hours of flying, was important to me.

Thanks for that information, looking at doing that next spring and was wondering the best way to do it.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back