• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

100 km to Santiago on Portugese route

Marenka J

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances or Portugese April 2020
Plan to go on May 1, 2020 for roughly 100 km to Santiago. What would be the starting point for both Coastal and land option?
How this would compare with the route from Saria to Santiago?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola and welcome @Marenka J to the forum. If you are on the Central Route then you can start from Tui on the Spanish side of the border and its 120km to Santiago or if you start in Porrino its 103 km.
On the Coastal route via Vigo you can start inA Ramallosa which is `123 km or Vigo (via Redondela where it joins the Central Route) its 101.2km. From the little I have read Tui is probably easier to get to via a bus, don't recall reading about any one starting in Vigo. Hope this helps.

Plan to go on May 1, 2020 for roughly 100 km to Santiago. What would be the starting point for both Coastal and land option?
How this would compare with the route from Saria to Santiago?
Tui

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As I understand it, Vigo to SDC is just under 100km. We started at Baiona (a much pleasanter place in my opion). Bus from Vigo to Baiona is easy (we did it) and frequent.

Bus.gal is a good website (Spanish or Galician languages only) that shows the buses all around Galicia. The are a number of companies not listed on Google or Rome2Rio. Both Tui and Baiona look real easy to get to. The daily mental coin flip between the two is now a fun exercise. ;)
I should be starting from Baiona or Valença on the 29th of April. You may see me with my sketchbook and pen. The last coin flip may be at the Estación Autobús in Vigo.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.