• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1000 Mile Camino

omicko

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances,
May 1999 and others.
On the 12th of April I will leave Barcelona to go to Llanca. My Camino will begin in Cap de Creus, the most Easterly point in Spain, walking back to LIanca where I have a reservation in a hostel. The next day I will continue on the Cami Girone de Sant Jaume untill I reach Monserrat then the Camí de Sant Jaume to Pina de Ebro on the Ruta de Ebro. Passing through Zaragoza I will turn off after reaching Gallur on to the Camino Jacobeo Castillano Aragones until I reach Burgos on the Camino Frances. When I reach Ponferrada I will take the Camino de Invierno to Lalin continuing on the Camino Sanabres to Santiago de Compostela. From Santiago I head towards Muxia to my final destination Cabo Touriñan, the most Westerly point in Spain.
Ojalá.Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That should be an amazing journey/camino Mick. I wonder how long that will take you?
I am thinking, nothing definite yet, to do a 6 week camino from mid August to end September, can't decide whether I must do inland (la Plata) or coastal (Norte & Primitivo). I will be walking solo and that will be a challenge for me because, I cannot speak Spanish, 72 y female. I have walked the France in 2009 with a friend and since then the Camino keeps calling me back, "El Camino es una droga".
Once more, go well and a huge BUEN CAMINO!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What an amazing walk you are about to undertake - I wish you a safe and stunning time
Buen camino for every mile

On the 12th of April I will leave Barcelona to go to Llanca. My Camino will begin in Cap de Creus, the most Easterly point in Spain, walking back to LIanca where I have a reservation in a hostel. The next day I will continue on the Cami Girone de Sant Jaume untill I reach Monserrat then the Camí de Sant Jaume to Pina de Ebro on the Ruta de Ebro. Passing through Zaragoza I will turn off after reaching Gallur on to the Camino Jacobeo Castillano Aragones until I reach Burgos on the Camino Frances. When I reach Ponferrada I will take the Camino de Invierno to Lalin continuing on the Camino Sanabres to Santiago de Compostela. From Santiago I head towards Muxia to my final destination Cabo Touriñan, the most Westerly point in Spain.
Ojalá.Cheers Mick.

What a wonderful Camino you have planned. If you are going to stay in the youth hostel in Llanca, I'd just suggest you check the price of the Pensio Llanca, because when I stayed there last June, the price was the same for a bunk room in the hostel and the pensión. The pensión is quiet, clean, very basic. They are both well located for the trek up to San Pere de Rodes, which starts away from the center of town and the beach. Buen camino, Mick.

What a wonderful Camino you have planned. If you are going to stay in the youth hostel in Llanca, I'd just suggest you check the price of the Pensio Llanca, because when I stayed there last June, the price was the same for a bunk room in the hostel and the pensión. The pensión is quiet, clean, very basic. They are both well located for the trek up to San Pere de Rodes, which starts away from the center of town and the beach. Buen camino, Mick.
Hiya Laurie, in November 2015 I booked the bed in the 4 Bed Dorm for €17. it was a bit cheaper than a single room, shared bathroom in the Pensio Llanca.Thank you for all the HARD WORK you have done on the Cami St Jaume sites,cheers Mick.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ojalá.Cheers Mick.
Hola, Mick,

Exactly one of the Camino combos that are on my bucket list. I counted 1395kms from Sant Pere de Rodes to SdC and additional 80kms or so to Muxia. Technically you will be on Camino de la Lana also, for 60kms between Sto.Domingo de Silos and Burgos.
I guess you'll walk few kilometers more than I will someday hopefully ;) What an experience!

Ultreia!

Ojalá.Cheers Mick.
Brilliant stuff Mick ! What a life changing journey . Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ojalá.Cheers Mick.
Dear Amigo del Camino, next year I will do exactly your route ! From Cape to Cape!
Julio

Dear Amigo del Camino, next year I will do exactly your route ! From Cape to Cape!
Julio
Hi Julio, after my gran recorrido I might be able to answer some questions about the route you have,cheers Mick.

I would like to thank the members of this forum for their kind words of encouragement at my intent to do this Gran Recorrido. After a successful,but challenging, completion you can see my reason for doing it by clicking 'Resources' on the toolbar above then 'Miscellaneous' then 'Walking for a Good Cause, then WALKING THE WALK-1000 MILE CAMINO. This is an update one year later. (4th of March 2018)Suerte,Mick.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Mick
Did you keep a blog or other online account of your trip? I'd love to see more details!

Hello Rachel, unfortunately I do not have a Blog or any written account of the trek.
I have sent an article to your conversation box,regards, Mick.

Hi, Mick,
I see you've walked some of my favorite caminos! I'd love to hear how things went, especially on the St.Jaume/Catalan, Castellano-ARagones, and Invierno (well, I guess that's another way of saying I'd love to read anything you have to say about any of this patched-together multi-camino route :)). Did you by any chance use the forum guide for the Invierno? If so, do you have any comments or suggestions (or would you be willing to review a draft of the 2017 version to see if it provokes any?).

Welcome home and congratulations on a successful walk. Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello again Laurie, I thought the signage was quite good overall but in some places there were too many signs giving directions for lots of local walks. The caminos were varied and enjoyable, but due to time restraints to get back home, very long days (Soy Tortuga ) and the solitariness of it, It all became a blur.
When I reached Burgos I sent you a personal conversation mentioning this. I have resent this to you. It would be nice to go back and do these caminos at a more leisurely pace.

In 2015 I walked from Lisbon to Santiago - not one drop of rain. This time I took a chance and brought a very light raincoat,- it backfired on me. Also by mistake I left my waterproof overtrousers at home. I later bought some more plus a small umbrella. I began to love that umbrella.
Some key words were: caught in Storms with nowhere to shelter, antibiotics for a respiratory infection, sleeping in a church porch ( and glad of it ). On my caminos I bring an ultralight tent for emergencies and might only use it once or not at all. On this occasion 4 times.
As usual, my interaction with the locals and their acts of kindness by far outweighed the down points. I was like a drowned rat and an Artes-bar worker opened up another room, switched on an electric heater that used wood chippings, gave me blankets and dried all my clothes.

In Burgos and the rest of the camino Frances, until I turned off at Ponferrada onto the Camino de Invierno, I was overcome by the amount of Pilgrims. It was like being in the Sahara desert and then going to London. 2005 was the last time I did the camino Frances. An analogy of these stages, to me, was like that of a Hamlet then consisting of one bar but now 3 hostels and three bars. ( Hello Hollywood ). ;):(

About 10 years ago, in winter with a car, I was in that part of the Camino de Invierno around Chantada, Monforte de Lemos, Rodeiro, Quiroga etc.
This time in a hamlet, an elderly lady offered to make me a hot sandwich with homemade bread. 10 minutes later when it arrived, with a glass of wine,the bread was as hard as the hob of Hell. It took a while but I ate the lot. She then offered me homemade chorizo, which no amount of chewing would be sufficient, it was like rubber. I had to secretly throw it away.( Back home I'm a vegetarian but, on the caminos, in Spain, I eat EVERYTHING. ) Then she let out of the bag that there was a place in the pueblicita you could stay for free, which I did but it meant sleeping on cardboard and onion sacks on the floor. She was a lovely lady, I give her a kiss on either cheek.
In A Rua de Valdeorras I stayed at the house of Asun and her mother. Later that night Asun was calling my name many times. I ran downstairs to find Asun leaning over her mother, who was seated in a chair. I supported the head of her mother whilst Asun administered some of her homoeopathic preperations to her. One of her relatives was called and 10 minutes later he arrived. He managed to calm the mother and took her back to bed. The mother was having a panic attack. I loved the Camino de Invierno.
You have already had my updates for the Camino de Invierno which we have since discussed in conversations before I uploaded this post. Cheers, Mick.

Last edited:
That should be an amazing journey/camino Mick. I wonder how long that will take you?
I am thinking, nothing definite yet, to do a 6 week camino from mid August to end September, can't decide whether I must do inland (la Plata) or coastal (Norte & Primitivo). I will be walking solo and that will be a challenge for me because, I cannot speak Spanish, 72 y female. I have walked the France in 2009 with a friend and since then the Camino keeps calling me back, "El Camino es una droga".
Once more, go well and a huge BUEN CAMINO!!!
I walked the Norte/Primitivo route as a 63 year old female last spring and loved it. Although I've not done the la Plata, from what I read it sounds like the stages between facilities may be even further apart, not to mention way fewer pilgrims to connect with. I'd choose the Norte/Primitivo, just my opinion.

My longest Camino was about 2000 K ... I love everything about your plan, and BTW if you follow the "official" route, you'll walk past our old house at Valldoreix.

Aim at the Francès since your starting point, and then everything will just get slightly and gradually better day to day from Day One onwards ...

aarg silly me you did already !!! LOL :cool:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back