• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino 11 April 2015 --The Road That Just Would Not End

Grogan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis (April 2015)
11 April 2015 -- Itero de la Vega to Carrion de los Condes -- 34.2 km

Will it was an interesting night to say the least - -me and my two female roommates -- did not need anyone else to pass the blame too -- they won hands down -- the snoring started out slow and sputtering -- kind of like a lawn mower with the choke not quite right -- sputter, sputter, quiet, sputter, sputter, quiet -- I mean if you are going to snore -- at least get the choke alignment right --

So in between the stutter starting of snore -- the two gals started talking in their sleep, now that was amazing -- unfortunately it was all in Spanish -- so could not eavesdrop - first one than the other would sleep talk - I was trying to figure out if perhaps they were having a secret conversations -- could not figure it out -- so went to sleep.

Next Morning -- weather perfect for a hike -- overcast -- a bit of a chill - but that would go away in the first 10 minutes of walking -- can't say much about today's hike -- it was fairly flat, long and straight -- did not see many other Pilgrims on the route until I hit Fromista - then ran into one of the Swedish Ladies -- she was getting a beer and calling a taxi -- she told me the rest of the walk was boring -- she was right-- but I still walked it.

This walk was not physically demanding -- mentally it was a bear -- no idea why, but it was a struggle to keep going -- when I got into Carrion de los Condes, ran into the new Camino Family -- they were all sitting at a cafe - so went over to join them for a bit -- One of the couples gave me a heads up that the local Hotel was booked -- guess you get the Pilgrim Tour Groups coming through -- in fact they asked me if I saw the bus when it drove by -- I just told them I did not remember anything about the past 6 kms other than two cars honked at me in encouragement -- so much for situational awareness : ).

Got a room at a Hostel - Corte -- nice -- bite to eat and then to bed -- and had my clothes washed professionally -- they needed it.

All body parts in pretty good shape - no further feet issues, no back issues -- but -- beard still coming in gray -- bummer -- never had a beard before -- so getting my Heimingway on -- Buen Camino --

PS -- Just figured out that Prefix tab on the title -- yep -- I am a bit slow. : )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 19
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You are now in God's country. There is a great stop in Calzdilla de la Creuza if y0u need a swim and Moratinos is just down the road so you can stop and stay with Reb and Paddy at Peaceable Kingdom. Enjoyed reading your travelogue so far.

You are now in God's country. There is a great stop in Calzdilla de la Creuza if y0u need a swim and Moratinos is just down the road so you can stop and stay with Reb and Paddy at Peaceable Kingdom. Enjoyed reading your travelogue so far.
Thanks Much -- not sure I will swim -- but will not write that option off -- it is all about the adventure -- and this has been a hoot -- Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
11 April 2015 -- Itero de la Vega to Carrion de los Condes -- 34.2 km

Will it was an interesting night to say the least - -me and my two female roommates -- did not need anyone else to pass the blame too -- they won hands down -- the snoring started out slow and sputtering -- kind of like a lawn mower with the choke not quite right -- sputter, sputter, quiet, sputter, sputter, quiet -- I mean if you are going to snore -- at least get the choke alignment right --

So in between the stutter starting of snore -- the two gals started talking in their sleep, now that was amazing -- unfortunately it was all in Spanish -- so could not eavesdrop - first one than the other would sleep talk - I was trying to figure out if perhaps they were having a secret conversations -- could not figure it out -- so went to sleep.

Next Morning -- weather perfect for a hike -- overcast -- a bit of a chill - but that would go away in the first 10 minutes of walking -- can't say much about today's hike -- it was fairly flat, long and straight -- did not see many other Pilgrims on the route until I hit Fromista - then ran into one of the Swedish Ladies -- she was getting a beer and calling a taxi -- she told me the rest of the walk was boring -- she was right-- but I still walked it.

This walk was not physically demanding -- mentally it was a bear -- no idea why, but it was a struggle to keep going -- when I got into Carrion de los Condes, ran into the new Camino Family -- they were all sitting at a cafe - so went over to join them for a bit -- One of the couples gave me a heads up that the local Hotel was booked -- guess you get the Pilgrim Tour Groups coming through -- in fact they asked me if I saw the bus when it drove by -- I just told them I did not remember anything about the past 6 kms other than two cars honked at me in encouragement -- so much for situational awareness : ).

Got a room at a Hostel - Corte -- nice -- bite to eat and then to bed -- and had my clothes washed professionally -- they needed it.

All body parts in pretty good shape - no further feet issues, no back issues -- but -- beard still coming in gray -- bummer -- never had a beard before -- so getting my Heimingway on -- Buen Camino --

PS -- Just figured out that Prefix tab on the title -- yep -- I am a bit slow. : )

Gray happens. I just tell people its Norwegian blond. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 4
Read the tilte in the thread, the road that would not end. First road that came to mind was Hontanas.
A village that just refused to appear on a road that just would not end.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back