• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

11 days to walk to Santiago

Paulro

I have 11 days to reach Santiago. Earlier in the year I walked from Leon to Finnisterre and have an opportunity from next weekend to walk again. I would like to end the walk in Santiago. Is there an obvious point at where I should begin?
Thanks for your help.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, Paul,
A lot depends on how far you walk each day of course, but you might be able to make it from Aviles. I think Aviles is probably a little under 300 km from Santiago. It's well connected to the bigger places nearby -- lots of connections to Oviedo and Gijon for instance. If you don't want to push it that much, I think Luarca is a very do-able ten days to Santiago. And Luarca is a very pretty town on the coast, a nice place to spend a day. Who knows what kind of weather you'll be in for, but Buen Camino if you go for it! Laurie

Hi Paul,

I agree with Laurie - we did it in September from Luarca in 10 days with the last day being a short 6 miler into Santiago. There are some quite long stretches ~ 40Km depending on how you split it up with a lot of hills, e.g., out of Mondoñedo. Depending on time of year and the weather Aviles might be a bit too far. I would highly recommend this route - the albergues are generally very nice and the scenery is spectacular. Do get the Confraternity of St James's guide, it is invaluable.

David

ps: Luarca - Santiago is about 190 miles along the Camino (we had a GPS)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, ive been training for my CDN in two weeks time and thought i'd get some UK coastline under my belt (Scarborough to Robin hoods Bay). I have to say i was just not prepared for the amount for...
hello We plan to walk from Irún to San Sebastián first day in Mid May and looking for feedback on how long it takes. Think we are up to it but will be our first day. Thanks for your thoughts and...
Please, am I mad to contemplate the following combo: Norte: Biarritz-Bayonne-Irun-Santander (via Bayonne to get my legs going) Santander - train to Leon San Salvador - Leon to Oviedo Primitivo -...
I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
What is the most beautiful seven day section on the Camino del Norte? I have a good friend who cannot come with me for the entire walk. She is only available for a week. I start from Irun. She...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back