• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1200 Pilgrims — A Personal Photography Project

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
image.jpeg Discovered an interesting site today.

From the photographer and pilgrim...

1200 Pilgrims" was a personal project carried out with the intention of photographing 1200 Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago in Northern Spain. Individuals from around the world walked this 800km trail over the course of 30 days, as a spiritual retreat.
The aim of this experiment was to discover if I, as an amateur photographer, could improve my workflow. I was curious to know whether the use of a professional flash head could influence the quality of my pictures compared to my previous work.

http://www.elinchrom.com/bts/1200pilgrims.html

And to see the complete portfolio
https://500px.com/iso1200magazine

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
These are absolutely fantastic!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
View attachment 27809 Discovered an interesting site today.

From the photographer and pilgrim...

1200 Pilgrims" was a personal project carried out with the intention of photographing 1200 Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago in Northern Spain. Individuals from around the world walked this 800km trail over the course of 30 days, as a spiritual retreat.
The aim of this experiment was to discover if I, as an amateur photographer, could improve my workflow. I was curious to know whether the use of a professional flash head could influence the quality of my pictures compared to my previous work.

http://www.elinchrom.com/bts/1200pilgrims.html

And to see the complete portfolio
https://500px.com/iso1200magazine
Thanks for posting these; they are wonderful photos, but I would have liked to see them 'in situ' :>). Even though they show outdoor clothes & gear, how would you know they are on the Camino? There are so many opportunities for vignettes to capture along the way. Having done professional garden photography for SUNSET when living in Seattle, I would suggest that if he wants to use flash, to use a 'soft box' type, or use a 'scrim' to soften the light. Never a straight on flash. Ambient light is always best for outdoors, especially early morning and late afternoon natural light. NEVER at high noon.

It might be a bit too much to use doing spontaneous shots on the Camino, but what works really well is is a light-fill hoop. It's gold on one side and soft white on the other, depending on how warm you want the light. The light bounces from the board on to your subject. They do come in small sizes. For the larger ones, you'd almost need an assistant to help, which wouldn't be hard to find I'm sure. Just something to consider. Other than that, he is well on his way…..many of them already look 'professional'. Maggie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Your fellow professional photographers can suggest and critique, but for me it is WOW
The depth of color, the lighting, the pathos. For me I don't need a reference point ( as it was a given to be Camino).
The feeling of each pilgrim came through beautifully
Thank you

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey Jirit,

thank you SO much for sharing this link with us. I really, really appreciate your photo art.
Will you be having any exhibition of this collection anywhere in the world? If so, please let us know here.
I would love to see live!

Amazing work. Bueno camino!
Irina

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hey Jirit,

thank you SO much for sharing this link with us. I really, really appreciate your photo art.
Will you be having any exhibition of this collection anywhere in the world? If so, please let us know here.
I would love to see live!

Amazing work. Bueno camino!
Irina

You can thank the photographer, not me ;)

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back