Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

13 Peregrinos arrived today....

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Various ones.
I wouldn't be surprised if all of them were Galician.I walked twice in 2010 and met more Galicians further up the Caminos than any other time since, I suspect Xacobeo is special for them. The pilgrim office data for March 2010 gives 999 Galicians as obtaining a Compostela, which was highest number of any of the areas of Spain that month, for the years adjoining 2009 and 2011, other communities were the highest number in March.

Mike Molloy

Wizened old step-taker
English 2017
Finisterre/Muxia 2018
Portuguese Senda Litoral 2019
Portuguese Senda Litoral (2021)
I remember arriving after finishing the Portuguese Senda Litoral to find myself the only person at the finish in the centre of the square and then to my amazement walking straight into the pilgrims office to get my Compostela.
Still amazes me two years later.

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Every so often I go on Youtube and watch the live video feed of the square in front of the Cathedral. Just recently there has been a noticable uptick in daily activity of people congrgating in front of the church.

Old Kiwi

Hi Bob, I have tried to get the live video feed of the square on Youtube but no matter what I put in the search box I cannot get it. What do I put in the search box to get it?

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.

Kathar1na

To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
And today there were 107 arriving :). According to this article, almost all pilgrims are (not surprisingly) Galician.
It is quite amazing how the numbers of Compostelas picked up during the last few days. They recorded mostly 5 to 10 Compostelas per day during the whole month of March, then the numbers of Compostelas increased on Wednesday with 33, Thursday with 58, Friday with 77 and today Saturday with 107 Compostelas. After all, it is Easter Week - Semana Santa - in Spain, and both Maundy Thursday and Good Friday (the 1st and 2nd of April this year) are public holidays in Galicia, I believe.

Also, I had read earlier that a number of people walk in daily sections, returning to their home every evening and starting again the next morning where they had stopped the day before. Also, the article you quoted mentions the Xacobus, a new bus service for the section Cebreiro to Santiago if I remember correctly. This facilitates a lot of things, including trips where you park your car in the morning and return to it in the evening.

Last edited:

Marc S.

Since 2012: CF, CdN, CP, Salvador, Aragones, Via Regia, Elisabethpfad, Jakobsweg NRW, Jakibspaad.
So what you're saying is there is still hope..............

There is always hope.

But I did not mean to give any hope or prediction about if and when international pilgrims can walk in Spain again - I try to keep away from that kind of speculation. I am just happy to see people walking the camino again and seemingly & slowly & steadily more is getting possible for Galician and Spanish pilgrims.

Marc S.

Since 2012: CF, CdN, CP, Salvador, Aragones, Via Regia, Elisabethpfad, Jakobsweg NRW, Jakibspaad.
Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings