• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1500 compostelas in one day at Pilgrims Office

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
cathedral_door.jpg

According to El Correo Gallego today, last Saturday the pilgrims office set a new record this year. They gave out 1500 compostelas in one day, and this is a new record for the year.

Las week over 7200 compostelas where handed out.

For more details, have a look at El Correo Gallego here.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Ivar, do you notice increased pressure on tourist and municipal infrastructure in Santiago, due to the highest ever volume of pilgrims arriving in the city?
The activity is bound to be welcomed by the tourism industry, hotels and restaurants in town!

do you notice increased pressure on tourist and municipal infrastructure in Santiago, due to the highest ever volume of pilgrims arriving in the city?
If you by infrastructure mean hotels and restaurants, they are busy these days, but I don't feel like they are uncomfortable busy for the tourist (well, maybe in Rua do Franco). The tourist office is busy, but no lines out the door.

The streets in old town the last few days have been busy, but August is the month when "all" Spaniards take their vacation. This plus pilgrims makes for busy streets.

The activity is bound to be welcomed by the tourism industry, hotels and restaurants in town!
Yes! :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back