• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

150km of Sureste in November

Hoots

Time of past OR future Camino
First Camino planned for September. Portuguese coastal and spiritual route starting in Baiona
I would really appreciate some advice. My friend and I have just walked the last 130km of the Portuguese coastal route and are now hooked. We would love to walk again in November/December but are concerned about the weather. We wonder if starting the Sureste at Alicante and walking about 150km might be an option with the idea of returning next Spring to do another chunk of it. As we are still new to all this - is the route well marked and would hotel accommodation be easy enough to find? Our daily limit is about 25km and we prefer to stay in hotels rather than hostels. We are thinking of this route purely because of weather but would be open to any other suggestions. Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I haven't been there in winter/autumn, but I know that the route is very well marked!

Most of the time there are hotels or hostals along the way, but prepare for albergues if the towns aren't big enough.

On the second stage you have the luxurious hotel Fuente el Cura already, you'll like it!!

/BP

I would really appreciate some advice. My friend and I have just walked the last 130km of the Portuguese coastal route and are now hooked. We would love to walk again in November/December but are concerned about the weather. We wonder if starting the Sureste at Alicante and walking about 150km might be an option with the idea of returning next Spring to do another chunk of it. As we are still new to all this - is the route well marked and would hotel accommodation be easy enough to find? Our daily limit is about 25km and we prefer to stay in hotels rather than hostels. We are thinking of this route purely because of weather but would be open to any other suggestions. Thanks
It is nearly November and this route sounds like an option. Did you do it in the end?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It is nearly November and this route sounds like an option. Did you do it in the end?
Well, we have made a start by buying our flight tickets to Alicante and leave for 3 weeks next month. We are unsure about starting the Sureste in November and may play it be ear once we arrive in Spain. If we don't, we intend on walking the coast to Javea which, whilst not the Camino, would at least keep our fitness up and give us plenty of options accommodation wise etc.

Well, we have made a start by buying our flight tickets to Alicante and leave for 3 weeks next month. We are unsure about starting the Sureste in November and may play it be ear once we arrive in Spain. If we don't, we intend on walking the coast to Javea which, whilst not the Camino, would at least keep our fitness up and give us plenty of options accommodation wise etc.
Isn't a long distance walk in Spain a camino? Thanks for your reply.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back