• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

15k stages

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Hello,
I’m planning for a group of senior ladies who would like to stay in pre- booked small hotels. Can anyone suggest a rough itinerary from Porto or Ponte de Lima with stages of around 15. K. Many thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, auburnfive,
I would suggest you start with gronze.com. https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues
Though it is in Spanish, it is very easy to navigate and you can see distances and private accommodation options. Gronze gives links to the websites of these places, links to booking.com, etc.

For instance, Gronze shows that Ponte de Lima to Rubiaes is 17.4 kms and Rubiaes has several places to stay. It also shows that you could stop before Rubiaes, in Aqualonga, where there is a small place called Quinta la Peza, which looks like a nice old stone house.
https://www.gronze.com/etapa/ponte-lima/rubiaes

You will also have to decide whether to walk the Coastal route out of Porto, and if so, how long you want to stay on that alternative.

Good luck and enjoy the planning, it is a lot of fun to plan a camino! Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, auburnfive,
I would suggest you start with gronze.com. https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues
Though it is in Spanish, it is very easy to navigate and you can see distances and private accommodation options. Gronze gives links to the websites of these places, links to booking.com, etc.

For instance, Gronze shows that Ponte de Lima to Rubiaes is 17.4 kms and Rubiaes has several places to stay. It also shows that you could stop before Rubiaes, in Aqualonga, where there is a small place called Quinta la Peza, which looks like a nice old stone house.
https://www.gronze.com/etapa/ponte-lima/rubiaes

You will also have to decide whether to walk the Coastal route out of Porto, and if so, how long you want to stay on that alternative.

Good luck and enjoy the planning, it is a lot of fun to plan a camino! Buen camino, Laurie

I agree with Laurie, Gronze will be a good planning tool. And if you use Google Chrome for your browser, it will do an automatic translation for you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A great spot for a rest day is Valença, Portugal/Tui, Spain area. Both cities are outstanding. Stayed at the fabulous hotel a torre do xudeu which is on the Camino in Tui.

PdL to Rubiaes
Rubiaes to valença
Valença to orbenlle
Orbenlle to Mos
Mos to Arcade
Arcade to PdV
PdV to Briallos
Briallos to Valga
Valga to Esclavitude
Esclavitude to SdC

Hello,
I’m planning for a group of senior ladies who would like to stay in pre- booked small hotels. Can anyone suggest a rough itinerary from Porto or Ponte de Lima with stages of around 15. K. Many thanks
Hi @auburnfive
Are you doing all the planning or will the other 4 be researching also and have some personal wants of things they want to see or do on this route?
If you’re not taking a guide book or such like with info on places you’ll pass as you walk ., then maybe it might be a good idea to download a guide to your phone/s and in your free time when you have wifi or your data available on internet; to discuss the possibilities each day.
It would be a shame to walk past something worthy of a stop or a look if you have the time.

Sounds like a beautifully relaxing and enjoyable way with friends.
Enjoy....

Annie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am considering the Portuguese route from Porto next spring, but would combine it with the Fisherman's Way in the south and a tourist visit to Lisbon and Sintra inbetween the two, so I am interested in all of these responses to the OP...keep 'em comin'! :)

Last edited:
Hello,

Good morning auburnfive.
As we have walked other sections of the Caminho Portuguese and Senda Littoral in the past couple of years, this May we walked from Porto to A Guarda. Our itinerary this was as follows -

We has two nights in Porto befor we set off.

Day 1. Porto – Matoshinos (Hotel Porto Mar) – 14kms.
Walked out of Porto along the River Douro to and then along the Atlantic Coast.

Day 2. Matoshinos – Vila Cha/Angeiras (Campismo Orbitur Angeiras) - 15kms

Day 3. Vila Cha – Povoa de Varzim (Grande Hotel) – 19kms
If you walk around the headland after crossing the bridge into Vila do Conde, you will add on another 5kms, but it's a really lovely walk.

Day 4. P do V – Estella/Criaz(Hotel Contriz) – 15kms
Although this little hotel is a about 4kms off the Senda Littoral, it has such a great feel and the staff are wonderful! They don't serve evening meals but there is a fantastic little restaurant just down the road - superb food and lots of locals!

Day 5. Estella – Esposende (Soave Mar)- 14kms

Day 6. Esposende – O. Castelo do Neiva (Qunita do Monteverde) - 14kms
This is a special treat!

Day 7. C do N – Viana do Castelo (Hotel Laranjeira) – 16kms

Day 8. V do C – Vila Praia de Ancora(Hotel Meira) – 23kms.

Day 9. VP do A – Caminha – 6kms, then take the ferry across river.
This ferry doesn't sail on Mondays or at low tides, so you have to plan carefully!
You can then get to A Guarda by two routes.
Around the headland to A Guarda (8kms ish) but there is a shorter more direct route cutting across the headland.
Stayed at the Hotel Eli Mar in A Guarda for two nights. Comfortable enough but very basic breakfast.

Day 10. Day free to explore Santa de Tecla and the mountain.
If you have time this is a lovely walk and you're in for a treat with the Celtic Settlement part way up, a beautiful little chapel at the top of the hill. There are a couple of cafes to replenish your energy before the walk down! Did I mention the superb views back down the Portuguese coast!

Day 11. A Guarda – Vigo by bus.
Staying for a very special early birthday treat at the NH Collection, Vigo for two nights.

Day 12. Free to explore Vigo.

Maybe this will help in your planning!
Bom Caminho ladies!
Sheena

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back