A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

160 boards hidden in Compostela..

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (May-July 2017)
Camino Primitivo (May-June 2018)
Thanks for sharing this Peter. I'm a fan of (modern designer) board games so I found this very interesting. I'll have to look out for some of these at the end of the next camino!

Advertisment

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
Javier posted a link to this snippet from the Voz de Galicia. It seems that there are more than 160 tic tac toe boards (tres en raya) carved into the stone all over Santiago.

https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...breviven-paso-tiempo/0003_201802S22C19911.htm

Carved in the late 1600s and early 1700s, the article says there are more than 50 in the vicinity of San Martín Pinario, the preferred Santiago destination for many of us. Next time I will have to do some searching.

And btw, if you read Spanish, Javier is the administrator of a facebook page "Mas Camino, Menos Compostela" and posts articles from the Spanish press dealing with things happening on any camino in Spain. I don't get on facebook much, but somehow one of my students fixed it so I get notifications of his articles in my email account. It's a really great service Javier provides to us all.

wisepilgrim

Guidebook Author
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Many
Last fall my youngest and I collected and painted a bucket full of acorns. I now keep a small pouch of them on hand whenever we might be going into the old town. These boards are everywhere you go, at least one in every plaza, including Obradoiro.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Thanks for the link! I think I remember that recently another poster put up the same link?
Is it me or is the new format of this forum sometimes a bit iffy?
For instance I cannot find that other thread in the " older ones on this topic".

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Do
Thanks for the link! I think I remember that recently another poster put up the same link?
Is it me or is the new format of this forum sometimes a bit iffy?
For instance I cannot find that other thread in the " older ones on this topic".
Hoi Sabine , in my opinion there is no other thread . Everybody is using the same link . The link from @ivar is in English , the other one from @peregrina2000 is in Spanish and the link from @Purky is the one from this tread ( my first post )
It's confusing .

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
Do

Hoi Sabine , in my opinion there is no other thread . Everybody is using the same link . The link from @ivar is in English , the other one from @peregrina2000 is in Spanish and the link from @Purky is the one from this tread ( my first post )
It's confusing .
I am the source of this confusion. Sorry. Today I read the article and thought it was interesting and posted about it. Then someone responded to my post saying that someone else had already posted about it. Purky posted the link to your thread. So, trying to impress everyone with my super moderator skills, I merged my thread with your thread, Peter. I was trying to simplify things but I don’t think I succeeded! Anyway, I agree with you that it’s a great article ! Buen camino, Laurie

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
I am the source of this confusion. Sorry. Today I read the article and thought it was interesting and posted about it. Then someone responded to my post saying that someone else had already posted about it. Purky posted the link to your thread. So, trying to impress everyone with my super moderator skills, I merged my thread with your thread, Peter. I was trying to simplify things but I don’t think I succeeded! Anyway, I agree with you that it’s a great article ! Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you.
Wish you well , Peter .

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.5%
  • June