Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

160 boards hidden in Compostela..

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Year of past OR future Camino
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
Thanks for sharing this Peter. I'm a fan of (modern designer) board games so I found this very interesting. I'll have to look out for some of these at the end of the next camino!

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

peregrina2000

Staff member
Javier posted a link to this snippet from the Voz de Galicia. It seems that there are more than 160 tic tac toe boards (tres en raya) carved into the stone all over Santiago.

https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...breviven-paso-tiempo/0003_201802S22C19911.htm

Carved in the late 1600s and early 1700s, the article says there are more than 50 in the vicinity of San Martín Pinario, the preferred Santiago destination for many of us. Next time I will have to do some searching.

And btw, if you read Spanish, Javier is the administrator of a facebook page "Mas Camino, Menos Compostela" and posts articles from the Spanish press dealing with things happening on any camino in Spain. I don't get on facebook much, but somehow one of my students fixed it so I get notifications of his articles in my email account. It's a really great service Javier provides to us all.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
some and then more. see my signature.
Thanks for the link! I think I remember that recently another poster put up the same link?
Is it me or is the new format of this forum sometimes a bit iffy?
For instance I cannot find that other thread in the " older ones on this topic".

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Do
Thanks for the link! I think I remember that recently another poster put up the same link?
Is it me or is the new format of this forum sometimes a bit iffy?
For instance I cannot find that other thread in the " older ones on this topic".
Hoi Sabine , in my opinion there is no other thread . Everybody is using the same link . The link from @ivar is in English , the other one from @peregrina2000 is in Spanish and the link from @Purky is the one from this tread ( my first post )
It's confusing .

peregrina2000

Staff member
Do

Hoi Sabine , in my opinion there is no other thread . Everybody is using the same link . The link from @ivar is in English , the other one from @peregrina2000 is in Spanish and the link from @Purky is the one from this tread ( my first post )
It's confusing .
I am the source of this confusion. Sorry. Today I read the article and thought it was interesting and posted about it. Then someone responded to my post saying that someone else had already posted about it. Purky posted the link to your thread. So, trying to impress everyone with my super moderator skills, I merged my thread with your thread, Peter. I was trying to simplify things but I don’t think I succeeded! Anyway, I agree with you that it’s a great article ! Buen camino, Laurie

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
I am the source of this confusion. Sorry. Today I read the article and thought it was interesting and posted about it. Then someone responded to my post saying that someone else had already posted about it. Purky posted the link to your thread. So, trying to impress everyone with my super moderator skills, I merged my thread with your thread, Peter. I was trying to simplify things but I don’t think I succeeded! Anyway, I agree with you that it’s a great article ! Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you.
Wish you well , Peter .

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads