• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1750 photos

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Oh my gosh. I just finished unloading my POD yesterday and today I found the camera I took on the Via de la Plata and Camino Frances in May. I just uploaded 1750 photos! Holy Moly!

I will be inserting many of these into my blog in the next week or two - updating - and maybe add a blog or two about places like Merida.

I hope you'll come take a look!

Makes me want to hop a plane and go walking again!
Is this a disease?
Or just madness?
Or is it love?
Or ???
Annie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
An impressive number. But I can understand completely. Not being a camera buff, and in fact one who views himself incapable of taking good photos; I did find on the Frances that by Burgos I had to find a camera shop and get another memory card! Eventually I took 903! Of course they are not good ones, but they do give me reminiscent pleasure. Enjoy reviewing them Annie.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks I can't wait to check them out via your blog. I still carry aroound with me all my photos from my Camino. Yep it sure is a disease a need a compulsive thing these Caminos. I have never been do enviro rated and happy in my life. My family and friends notice it.

I can't wait for April 2014 when I will return to Espana to walk the Via de la Plata.

When my wife and I walked the Via Francigena in Italy between the two of us, we took 4,000 images - myself 2,500 and 1,500 for my wife.

Took us 6 weeks to document all the images

AnnieSanitago: The Camino is all of those things you postulated. It is a sort of a "good" disease - "Caminoitis." It manifests itself by the "madness" of refocusing your entire life around all aspects of the Camino - the one you just completed - and the future Caminos you hope or plan to do.

It encroaches (in a good way) on most aspects of your "normal life." Many pilgrims have blogged and posted here and elsewhere on the profound changes walking the Camino has made in their everyday lives.

You will also be prone to day-dreams and flights of fancy, where you can almost feel yourself back on Camino. I usually fall to sleep each evening thinking about the Camino. It is quite the trip actually. It is also love; an eruption of camaraderie, charity, hope, compassion, and a shared awareness and sympathy for all that the Camino ever was, is, and will be.

All said, enjoy it. There is no known cure. And, the only effective treatment is to do it again... Welcome to the club...

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wow, that's really a lot of photos. I'm for sure going to visit your blog soon. :^)

It is a disease Caminoitis.

Fortunately for me it is a disease that is not curable no matter what gets thrown at it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
How can we find your blog to view your photos when they are ready?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Jirit - a friend of mine that I travel with sometimes, who is an avid amateur photographer, often tells me that he spends more time cataloging his photos than he does on the actual trips. Your Via Francigena trip sounds a lot like him!

I'm a dreadful photographer myself and often opt to simply not take a photo rather than 'remember' a wonderful place the way my photos often portray them! :) My memory, as dodgy as it often is, still serves me better. A shame, because I really love photography (especially black and white pics). I just don't have any eye for it.

I know, it's crazy.
I still haven't gone through all the photos and put them on the blog.
Some day in my copious spare time...

With the price of digital film we can shoot a lot of pictures looking for the one we want. It seems reasonable at the time, but adds up to work later. I find the hardest thing is deleting decent, but not great photos. I usually come back from a trip with 1500 and try to work it down to 200, but never can eliminate more than half in a review.

It is not as bad as my wildlife photos, where I'll shoot 100 in continuous mode looking for one or two....

Good luck sorting through those---I find a week off between reviews keeps them fun.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back