• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1st time Pilgrim! No idea even how to begin to start! HELP!

Mac

I am a first time pilgrim/walker ever! Really excited about giving this a go and thinking of heading out in a few weeks, but I really have no idea how to start! What should I bring? Whats the average time to complete? How much money will I need? I heard something about some pilgrims having had stayed at monestrys or churches on the way is there any truth in this, and where do most pilgrims usually sleep? Hah! basically I need to know any and all info starting from scratch! Also would love to hear from and maybe meet up with any other young people who are also thinking of heading out!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Mac,

Check out the posts in this forum, past and present. Search for particular topics you're interested in. If there's anything not covered, just ask, and a host of angels will answer you.

You can also visit http://www.csj.org.uk.

Mark

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
"...would love to hear from and maybe meet up with any other young people who are also thinking of heading out!"

If I remember correctly the majority of pilgrims who walk the Roads are in their 20's & 30's. I've also seen a lot of Spaniards in their late teens, particularly during the summertime, when they're on vacation from school. U'll have a blast :!: Best. xm 8)

well travelled path, you will love it (and ache and hurt sometimes).....enjoy

"If I remember correctly the majority of pilgrims who walk the Roads are in their 20's & 30's. I've also seen a lot of Spaniards in their late teens, particularly during the summertime"

Great! I'm trying to get organised to start by mid May and I'm most likely going to start on my own so would be looking to meet and join up some other pilgrims. Is mid may a good time to start? As far as weather and amounts of other pilgrims go?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Is mid may a good time to start? As far as weather and amounts of other pilgrims go?

From what we hear it has been snowing in Burgos, there seems to be a lot of mud, rains, and what not. Hopefully by then things will be better. A friend told me yesterday that a lot of pilgrims r arriving in Santiago. Best, xm 8)

May is normally a good season, despite the fact that this year is not very nice. It will improve.

The best advice for you is to read as many articles in this forum as you can; prepare a list of questions as you go and ask them in the appropriate section.

Getting a good guide helps a lot. You can also find here what people recommend as guides.

Take your time, get a light pack, a good broken pair ok hiking shoes and have fun.

Buen camino mac

For me the thing has not been when it's a good time to do the Camino, but rather when do I have my vacation time to experience it. Though...I last did the C Portugues in December, and...it was freezing for me coming from the tropics, never again, vacation time or notl :!: Best, xm 8)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back