• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2 days to go

Arlene

Well guys, in exactly 2 days I'll be on my way to Mardid, and by the end of the week, I'll be walking my camino.I can't believe it's finally here! Tomorrow I'll go through my pack one last time to see if there is anything I feel I can eliminate. Everything else has been taken care of.
I want to thank everyone for all the help and guidance during these many months of preparation. Best wishes to all of you who will be starting soon. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to meet up with some of you along the way.
Buen camino!
Arlene

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
buen camino to you. enjoy the walk, for walking is now your task and blessing.

I'm continuing to pack and plan and of course walk. The other day I walked a fifteen mile day. The next day I was reminded of a something from my first camino. My legs hurt and yet after walking the second day for about a half mile the pain went away and I could again enjoy walking.

again, buen camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow Arlene,

How exciting is that !!!!? Two more days!!!!!!!! I am imagining how it might feel...as I leave on the 4rth of May for Paris to start on the 8th from St JPP and that is getting very close! It is really amazing what we are hoping to accomplish and I never cease to be amazed at anyone who has done it.

I wish you lots of lovely sunny weather and send you some love for when you need it,

Clarisa

Arlene,

How fantastic and wonderful!

It's been a pleasure watching the forum members plan for and make their first steps along the Way. Don't slow down...we're right behind you.

Buen "happy feet" Camino

Arn

Michael, Mermaidlilli, Clarisa, and Arn,

Thank you so much for the warm wishes. Your words mean more than I can say. It's a comforting thought to know that you're "right behind me" as Arn put it.

Buen Camino to all of you!
Arlene

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Be safe, be warm, take thermal gloves and a thermal beanie for your head! There is thick, thick snow in Roncesvalles this weekend and it might be worth phoning ahead from Pamplona to check whether you should go to Roncesvalles to start or just start in Pamplona.
Please report back to all the other peregrinos on this forum who are anxiously waiting to start their camino too.
dios les bendiga

Sil,
I just saw the photos that Javier posted. The snow in Roncesvalles in unreal!!! I will definitely call ahead once I get to Pamplona. Looks like I may be starting from there.
Arlene

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back